WageWorks / incorrect social security number

US Review updated:

3 months I have been dealing with the issue that Wageworks (COBRA) transposed my social security number incorrectly to CIGNA (my carrier) and all the claims from my daughters birth were recalled. It was stated that I did not have medical coverage with Cigna. I have contacted Wageworks 4 times to have them fax my correct SSN to Cigna, So Cigna could correct this mistake and re-contact all my insurance claims. Every time I talked to Wageworks they reassured me that they had the correct number, but they would send an URGENT fax to Cigna and notify them anyway. 3 hard months later...Wagework has been faxing the incorrect SSN every time. Now, my insurance claims have gone to collections! So my credit score is messed up because no one did their job. I am mortified by the lack of follow-up that has occured. For the record this still has not be corrected.

Comments

• To
      Dec 08, 2009

I had the same problem, only it was my husband's date of birth that they entered incorrectly. It took three months of calling, emailing & total aggravation to finally get it straightened out. Cigna tried to get it resolved for us but it was on Wageworks' end where the problem was. So, because of their incompetence, we had to do without coverage even though we paid for it. Their attitude was "too bad so sad" when I told them that I either wanted a credit for those three months, or to extend our coverage three more months. Then they had the gall to cancel us for one missed payment (we didn't realize that it wasn't paid). They wouldn't even work with us, even after explaining that, due to my husband's illness, medical coverage is something we can't do without. I have never encountered a worse company. Their correspondence that they mailed was always dated 3 weeks to a month earlier than when it was mailed!!! Terrible company. :(

• Ha
      Aug 23, 2010

Check this out...

Social security collection department over collected an overpayment on my taxes and they won't give the remainder back to me. I've called them repeatedly over the last 6 months and I have paperwork stating that they were only suppose to take a "certain" amount, they can't find my money and they're making no efforts to do so.

I would like an attorney (can't afford no money down) to sue them for my due money, lawyer costs, and as much extra that I can get for the hassle and ignorance that they've shown me.

Any takers, I have all the proof I need and it's open and shut case. Easy money...

[protected]@yahoo.cvom