Waffle House / unsanitary

Pearl Mississippi Pearson Rd Location, United States Review updated:

On 7-19-16 as I was eating, I noticed a worker bring out two heads of lettuce wrapped in cellophane. She unwrapped one and quartered it and put about two quarters in the bin for sandwiches, etc. and then proceeded to chop on the remaining part and immediately put it on plates for salads. There was NO washing of this lettuce at all! Do you realize how sick dirty lettuce can make you? To make this even worse, the manager was sitting at the table eating during this and never even noticed it or said a word. I couldn't help but ask my waitress if the lettuce shouldn't have been washed prior to using it and she replied yes, but she (the other worker) didn't do it, did she? She told me she would take care of it, but I never saw her say anything to the manager. This in itself will prevent me from ever going back to this location. I cannot believe a person would subject their customers to things that are likely to make them ill!

Me
Jul 19, 2016

Comments

•   Jul 19, 2016

And yet, I bet you eat grapes at the grocery store while shopping and never think twice about it.

• Me
      Jul 19, 2016

Actually no...I wouldn't even think about doing that! Not only nasty, but dishonest! Additionally, you're not paying for the preparation of food in a grocery store!

•   Jul 20, 2016

The point is you do not know if the lettuce is prewashed. Most grocery stores sell prewashed produce.

• Me
      Jul 20, 2016

Wrong, if you read my post, you'd know I asked the waitress about this and she said they should have washed it before putting it out.

•   Jul 20, 2016

Wrong. Customer service is to always tell the customer what they want to hear. You wanted to hear her say they should have washed it, so she said it. When in fact, she, as the waitress, has no idea whether the kitchen person did wash it or not since kitchen work is not a waitress job.