Waffle Housepaid for 2 orders...

After getting off work on July 4th, My husband and my daughter and I went to Waffle House for a late dinner. I placed an order to go for two all star plates. Well after getting the food and taking it to my son, he calls me and tells me that there wasn't any bacon, his girlfriend had one egg, no chili and 2 pieces of tomatoes was on his hashbrowns. I paid over 15.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Columbia, SC00 dollars for this food and to not get all that I was charged for is a shame. If the people there working spent more time paying attention to their job instead of listening to the Ipods and texting the their cell phones the service might be better. Get better people to work nights at these places and your business just might fair better then it does. I won't go there again, I assure you.

Comments

• Ra
      Jan 02, 2007
    Waffle House - the worst food service experience of my life

I went to the Waffle House in Sanford Florida on New Years Eve of 2017 by Motel 8 and I had the worst food service experience of my life. The lady who was working was mopping the floor and wore no gloves. Then she proceeded to make my salad by chopping the lettuce still without wearing gloves. She ran out of shredded cheese so she used sliced cheese instead on a Chicken Salad! The warm chicken melted the sliced cheese into clumps. I didn't notice that until I was back in my room. Something has to be done here.

• Ce
      Jan 10, 2007
    Waffle House - the are nuts!

Ok, I called the WF after Xmas eve, when the 3rd shift walked out, rather than stay and work. The 2nd shift was going bonkers, after all they are the only place open. Then 2 hours later the 3rd shift is allowed back to work. Well I called to complain, about what they were saying, and to uphold the manager. What happened? They complaint department, gave me a higher like regional manager who I talked to and then told the employees in question what I said and even embellished it. Needless to say when I went back and had to face one of the employees it was not nice. IF they keep running a business like this, then they will go broke.

Jan 05, 2009

I must tell you. Waffle House is at fault for most of what happened to you not the employees and I will tell you why. first off waffle house refuses to send the stores shredded cheese so employees are forced to chop up sliced cheese, second they wont supply the store with gloves for them to wear while cutting up food and third they dont supply gloves for cleaning. They care very little if at all for the employees and it seems less for the customers who keep them in bussiness which is why they are currently in bankruptcy court and slowly closing all location. in fact they closed several here in jacksonville and instead of giving the employees notice they waited till the day they were closing let them finish all of first shift and told them they could either stay and get paid to help pack or go home. No im sorry or anything. In fact they have several employees fighting right now in appeals court cause waffle house refused to pay them unemployment.

• Da
      Apr 01, 2009

My wife and I ate at the Waffle House in Lithonia Ga. Evansmill Road, I order hamburger stake plate, well done on the meat, order 2 eggs scrambled well, when order came out, toast was burnt, eggs white runney, I ask for new toast and cook eggs a little more, when the eggs came back 10 minuted later, they were total brown crispy, there was a young black man who was a real wise guy, I can not beleive you would let people like this work at a Waffle House, My E Mail [protected]@bellsouth.net, It would be nice if there was a little investagation on this matter I am 67 years old, I been in this town all my life.

• Co
      Sep 19, 2009
    Waffle House - unprofessional behavior by management and staff
    Waffle House IE Ahroo Waffles
    Carlisle Pike
    Calisle
    Pennsylvania
    wafflehouse.com

I was in a Waffle House recently that I normally eat at several times a week.
    My regular waitress Kimmie was not working, A young african american woman was serving me.
    During my meal she and another blk female whom she called joevannah or something of that nature
    were wrestling around with each other. The girl seemed to be concentrating more on her girlfriend than my food order. My waffle was cold. I had to get up and ask her for syrup.
    When I got ready to leave, I pulled around the building so that I could be pointed in the right direction,
    As I came around the corner of the building, I observed the same females in a compromising position and
    was appalled that their clothes were half off.
    I told my all time favorite waitress about the experience .
    I will never return to that restaurant unless Kimmie is there from now on!

• To
      Oct 11, 2009

two weeks aog we went to the waffle house on i-10 at the crowely, louisiana exit to get some breakfast . we go there at least every sunday at that time they had a waiteress by the name of amy ; and all she was talking about was what she did the night before. then she had the nerve to go over and turn the jukebox on and turned it on real loud . i think that was very unprofessional. so we went back on 10/11/2017 and we intered the same waffle house and the jukebox wasn't on when we intered the building, my husband went to the restroom and then amy turned on the jukebox real loud on some rap music that would give you a headache. she has no professional skills at all. please do something about it please, because if nothing is done about it we will no longer give them anymore business. as customers we would like enjoy a good sunday breakfast in a professional setting. THANK YOU, THE CUSTOMERS

• Cu
      Oct 13, 2009
    Waffle House - simply bad
    wafflehouse.com

On March 12, 2017 8:30 AM Waffle House located at 9293 Hwy 48 Gulfport, Mississippi. My son got home on leave from Iraq, still in his uniform. When he got off the air plane he stated he needed something to eat and wanted to go to a waffle house. We sat at the counter for 45 minutes being ignored, a bus boy did give US a coffee and tea. I attempted to get the waitresses attention twice by saying 'mam', as she passed by me, within two feet of me, but was ignored. As we were leaving, without eating, we were charged for the coffee and tea, workers at the Waffle house acted like it was a big funny joke about not serving an active duty Army man. Beings back in Viet Nam doesn't it. Coming home to AMERICA and being treated like this. I am calling for a BOYCOTT of all waffle Houses in the WORLD.

• Ju
      Nov 01, 2009

That does totally suck that they did that to your family- I would've fired the lot of them. However, what action (or lack of) they take does not necessarily express the views of every single Waffle House. The quality of a chain will change depending of the demographics of that area. I would instead file a complaint with the Waffle House headquarters and explain what happened in a factual and detailed manner. Don't "boycott all of the Waffle Houses in the world" because of one chain's total lack of respect.

• Mr
      Jan 18, 2010
    Waffle House - didn't offer to fix a item on the menu, they didn't have any ready.
    36 Shields Road
    HuntsvilleAlabama
    Alabama
    Phone: 852-1003

To supervisior or management:

I was in this waffle house this afternoon around 3:15. I had order a small salad. The waitress told me there wouldn't none made up. She didn't offer to make one up. The other strong complaint that I have is I notice when the cook was preparing food, she doesn't wear gloves. She was handling all the food that we order and wearing no gloves. This really turn my stomach. I have worked in a school lunchroom before and the workers wear gloves. When the waitress brought the food, I notice that she had let one of the sandwiches touch her apron which I thought was very unsanitary. I think that I need to run this by the health department and get there opinion on it.

Thank-you

1100 nortech
    Conyers
    Georgia
    Phone: [protected]

I was a customer at Honeycreek, Waffle House, i was in there last week i asked for my" eggs over medium" and the manager rolled her eyes and told my waitress "if they wanted it that way that they should of ordered it that way the first time". Then told my waitress that she was suspending her for a one week and hasnt decided if she was goin to let her come back. I thought it was very rude and i come in there all the time and i havent seen something so rude. She is like that on a normal bases, everyday. i am a regular customer and out of all my years to coming to that waffle house ive never seen such rudeness at any waffle house ive been to.

• Ge
      Feb 09, 2010
    Waffle House - follow up
    Jefferson
    Georgia
    Phone: [protected]

this is a follow up to the e mail i sent jan. 2017 about the awful service we had dec. 29 2017, the hairs in our food . service ect. the waffle house was at the exit I 85 north hwy. 129-11 Jefferson ga. After talking to a manager in corporate office i felt like he was really concered, but i have doubts because he offered a 20.00 gift certificate which was never recieved, he offered i didnot ask, maybe customers who eat at waffle houses really don"t matter! Just A Thought. Gerald K. Floyd
    P.O. box 519
    Milner, Ga. 30257

• Mo
    Waffle House - very poor service
    waffle house
    three sprins and russellville rd
    Bowling Green
    Kentucky

The waitress' are either to old to be a waitress or to rude.
    The cooks are to slow. All around service was awful. Waffle House is not what it used to be. I have a family of 12 to 15 that used to go at least once to twice a week, now we got to find a different place to go. Thats sad that we as the public has to suffer such bad service.
    My name is Evelyn Pele. My phone number is [protected], I would like someone to apologize to my family and I.

• Ro
      Mar 11, 2010

You were at the waffle house...did you expect 5 star service? You must be a real genius to post your phone number on a website that anyone in the world can see...real smart. Mabye I will give you a call. Or better yet, do a reverse lookup on your phone and show up at your house...just saying...

• On
      Mar 11, 2010

No one is going to call you to apologize for the service at Waffle House! You say you go out to eat in a group of 12 - 15? How much do you tip your server? Probably $3 - $5 dollars... I will ALSO state, that it takes time to thoroughly cook your omelets, pancakes, hashbrowns etc. Would you like to get sick? Stop complaining about the time it takes. Do you realize there is usually 1 cook and 2 servers at a Waffle House? Your group of 12-15 people... You are going to wait about 30+ minutes especially if it is busy! You annoy me. I bet you are one of the ###s who I have to wait on that orders a MONSTER burger weighing in at a pound, well done and wants it in 5 minutes!!!

I hope your phone gets BLOWN up LOL!

• Ti
      Mar 29, 2010

I was in waffle house in decatur and i saw a woman who was new cleaning and i made a comment to finally see someone cleaning and the dishes looked better and at least her end of the building looked cleaner. There was one young girl who started helping her and she said finally got someone who likes to clean. I liked that they finally started cleaning this place but then I notice she got picked on because of the way she called her order in. I see there is not a lot of help at this wafflehouse because not even the second shift girl made it to work.

I like this waffle house Please someone help the woman who was cleaning don't let her leave she was also real nice to me.

• Na
      Jul 14, 2010
    Waffle House - horrible service
    Unit 440
    North Charleston
    South Carolina

We arrived at Unit 440 off Montague Ave. on July 14th at around 8:45pm and there were no customers but all the tables were dirty. We stood and waited or someone to come and clean them. We ordered our food and i told the waitress please cook my eggs very well. she brought them back almost not fried at all. she took them back to the cook and he complains about how i want it! my son ordered a chocolate milk, she brought him a coke. as we were eating, two waitresses went into the back and started yelling at each so loud it was unbearable! The waitress just hovered over our table and kept asking literally every 2 minutes if my husband wanted more tea after he stated no the first 2 times. I then made up my mind that I will never return to this location ever, ever again! This was ridiculous! No professionalism in this place at all!

•   Dec 11, 2010

you got to see 2 lesbos going at it? whats wrong with that??

Jan 24, 2011
    Waffle House - refused to sever my husband
    Waffle House

The Friday after Thanksgiving of 2017, my husband and I left Dallas, enter this small town Alvardo, Tx. on our way to Killen. We decided to stop at this waffle house, but they refused to sever us we sit there for 20 mimutes and no one say anything. The manager at the time (Jare Whiten) they were rough. It were the Friday November 26, 2017, we had a wonderful thanksgiving with the family and we come across Racist this day. We know it still exist, but please put a cap on it. My Husband I look and got up left.

Jan 25, 2011

I'm missing the racism here. How do you know the employees were racist? What did they say to you and your husband? I'm totally curious how you arrived at this conclusion.

• Cy
      Apr 16, 2011
    Waffle House - service
    Smyrna
    Delaware

My family and I ate at the Smyrna, De on April 15 at about 4 a.m. location this morning. I have always gotten good service at this and other locations, until tonight. While we ordered our food, the cook went to his car and spent time talking to a woman, when he returned he went straight to the grill without washing his hands. When our food arrived there were several mistakes made (wrong toast, missing onions on hash browns and we had to ask later for my chili). We asked the server to simply fry us up the onions and bring them out instead of remaking the whole order. We had to ask the cook for refills and asked for my chili after ate my meal. When we asked the server about the onions she LOUDLY announced, “They’re coming alright!” and continued to run her mouth to anyone and everyone in the restaurant about us. My sister in-law commented to the server “I’m sorry but we did order it that way it’s not our fault it was wrong.” Then the waitress said” look I do not have to serve you. I’m not bringing you your toast now” to which we replied, “well don’t expect a tip with that attitude” she said she did not care and walked away ignoring our request for her and the cook’s name. She came back with our receipt (her name scratched off) and ran her mouth to every customer in the place about us using very colorful language. We ask the cook, who was quiet through all of this, what her name was, his reply was “Dave” we said no her he said “Donny” and she laughed aloud. The scratched off name looked like dauphine or something close. At that point I said “if you’re not serving me I’m not paying” she replied “I don’t give a s**t it’s not my money”
    I can’t tell you enough how mad and astonished that anyone with this type of attitude has a job working with the public. I am done eating at Waffle House at this point. I have never been treated with such disrespected at any place ever. I will be spreading the word of my experience to everyone I know.
    Mel Barnhart

• Me
      Jun 17, 2011
    Waffle House - bad service and rude
    Waffle House

We are visiting Naples from out of town. We have been to this Waffle House on two or three occasions because it's walking distance from the hotel and open late.The late night employees there are the absolute rudest people we have ever encountered at a restaurant. Every single time we have been there the employees have extremely nasty attitudes. Second...every single visit they have screwed our orders up. They have either gave us the wrong order, burnt the food, and the last straw last night was the chicken sandwiches we brought back to the room were raw! We made a complaint with the manager and he acted as if he could care less. Needless to say...we will NEVER return again. We wasted money on raw food or burnt food or wrong orders on more than one visit. We do not reccommend this place to any one unless you like rude service or getting sick.

• Ge
      Jun 23, 2011

waitress more interested in her i-pod.And three younger guys than too give me more than 1 cup of coffee at the waffle house on reynolds rd. & Heatherdowns.

• Kr
      Jun 23, 2011

Its the nasty Waffle House. what do you expect? Those places are nasty and so are the help.

• Di
      Sep 22, 2011

The waffle house in Beebe Arkansas is totally out of control. The new little district manager, who claims to be a corporate headhunter ( while listening to the complaints) is nothing near a solution. The store manager doesn't have a clue how to manage, she her family and friends just eats free. The waitress that claims to be Mexican, is an ex con who brings in food to cook and even offers customers "What we cooked in Prison". Many times there is outside food prepared right along with customer orders. Some waitresses harass or refuse to serve customers that have complained about thier service, attitude, ugly behavior, over charging and even taking money and not ringing it on cash register. The District manager, legend in his own mind, says he is going to get rid of all coffee drinkers, smokers, those who don't tip, white trash riff raff. He belittles anybody that trys to complain. The local Police have been called to remove customers who even the police said were doing nothing wrong. One girl was wearing shorts and the fat manager said it offended her. One customer was openly accused of sexual harassment by the manager because he hugged a close friend who did not complain whatsoever. This was After a Waffle House waitress come to his table and hugged and kissed him on the cheek. The manager said it offended her and this guy was banned for life. Can they really do that? The Police Officer said NO! The real reason was the manager is mad becaue he filed a complaint prior, after several customers being cussed by a waitress. Nothing was done as it was swept under the rug by the district manager who directed this person to be banned.
    Another customer has been labeled as white trash, since she wears men's work clothes. She is a Contractor for the State of Arkansas. Very nice lady. They refuse to serve her even though she may have 4 or 5 at her table. They serve them! Now the waitresses laugh behind her back and say she is really a cross dresser.
    Did they do anything about the former waitress soliciting prostution to the truck drivers? Yes moved her to days. Did they do anything to the manager's buddy after she wiped her nose on a table cleaning rag, then cleaned the table? No!
    So if you want to be labeled white trash riff raff and refused service or banned if you complain, or approve of being over charged with manager approval, go to Beebe Waffle House, Exit 28 Beebe Arkansas. You could complain to Ozark Waffle, but that is worthless to try.

•   Dec 19, 2011

Me & My Wife experienced the worst customer service at Waffle House, the staff of waiters, kept clowning around instead of taking orders, would'nt meet or greet customers coming in or out, our waitress kept ignoring us, and refused to get our order right, and overcharged us for our meal!! I would not recommend to anyone to eat at Waffle House.. If you do, expect lousy service & to get ripped off on what they charge for their breakfast meals...

• Sh
      Feb 16, 2012
    Waffle House - rude
    Goodlettsville
    Tennessee

my husband and i went in and ordered there was one young lady in there very nice, took our order she went to get the cook but, he was coming out the door at the same time she was going to get him he came out with her with an attitude, like dont be pushing the door she said i didnt see you instead of letting it go he kept on hassing her it really made me mad so i told him forget my breakfast i went out the door then i went back in to see the manger because he was rude to her .i was there to eat not hear him with the attitude he had with her if he didnt want to be there he should have called in.when i went back in he said he was the manger i told him he was rude and old her apoloige he did apologized to her .the manger needed an attitude adjustment. dont be rude to your co workers .

• Ni
      Feb 16, 2012

hey my name is niemah franklin and im am 12 years old and i think u should find out information about it before u go and if u make up ur mind to go then go

Aug 11, 2012

Whoever took over this entire outfit in the last 10 years or so has really screwed it up. But so what. The prices aren't anywhere near reasonable and the food and service are lousey so I say just go somewhere else. Interestingly lately the ones I've driven by are empty so maybe they'll have to close em up. Serves 'em right.

Aug 11, 2012

Think that's bad, stay the hell away from Cracker Barrel. They won't wait on me just because I look Eastern European.

Aug 11, 2012

Their new mantra (besides inetable food in general) is undercooked eggs. Ironic too because years ago they had the very best grill cooks I ever saw. What on earth happened to this outfit?