Wachovia / Wells Fargo / Missing Money

I have never been so mad at a bank as I am right now. I made a deposit at a Wells Fargo Branch in CA yesterday and the money is not in my account. I actually had a supervisor tell me he has no idea where my money is. I have a receipt of the deposit. I cannot believe the dis-respectfulness of customer service at this bank, both at the Wells Fargo branch at the Wachovia customer service line. I would like to know where my money is and why after 24 hours it still has not posted to my account. This was mostly a cash deposit (90% cash and 10% in checks)

I would like some answers immediately and don't try to tell me that it takes a few days to post, that is ridiculous, withdrawals at the same branch posted immediately

Comments

• As
      8th of Jan, 2011

im having the same exact problem... they are showing i have made zero cash deposits to my savings account at all since it has been opening when i deposit more into my savings than i do my checking! and customer service said without a date, time, and amount they basically cant do a damn thing. F wellsfargo... your money is not safe!!! im missing several thousands of dollars im sure now... when i thought it was only a $200 descripency. WOW.

• Vi
      6th of Aug, 2011

I agree...contact the OCC. Wells Fargo is the worst bank I have ever banked at. The literally allowed fraud on my account. When I reported my card lost/stollen they never cancelled it, it was a business account so it took me several months to realize the card was still being charged. When I called to report it they saif it was my fault for not realizing it sooner. I cancelled the card...isn't that enough? BAD COMPANY... they steal they cheat and if someone steals your money they do not protect it.

• Bo
      23rd of Aug, 2012

I had $300 turn up missing from my Checkings. When I called W. Fargo they said that someone had charged my Check Card . They told me I would have to file a theft report, which I did, and they said the $300 would be returned. About 30 days later W Fargo took the 300 back and told me they thought I was lying! I filed an appeal and they gave me back the 300, again, a second time! About 2 months later I received a letter which said that they had decided in my favor and I would be able to keep the money. 15 days later 400 disappeared out of my account !!! I am going to get another bank next month. I swear that this is a true story. I am 60 yrs old on a military disability retirement . I saw the above letters about Fargo and I wanted you all who read this to know my story.

• Bo
      23rd of Aug, 2012

I had $300 turn up missing from my checking acct. When I called W. Fargo they said that someone had charged my Check Card . They told me I would have to file a theft report, which I did, and they said the $300 would be returned. About 30 days later W Fargo took the 300 back and told me they thought I was lying! I filed an appeal and they gave me back the 300, again, a second time! About 2 months later I received a letter which said that they had decided in my favor and I would be able to keep the money. 15 days later 400 disappeared out of my account !!! I am going to get another bank next month. I swear that this is a true story. I am 60 yrs old on a military disability retirement . I saw the above letters about Fargo and I wanted you all who read this to know my story.