Wachovia Bank / National Association / Unauthorized bank charge!

Charlotte, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-922-4684

I found a $140 overdraft fee in my checking account on 11/05/2007. There was still $275 in the account when this happened. The resulted in a $265 overdraft fee. I called them about it, they refused to bend to logic. This is the second time in 6 months that they've pulled this on me. The last time, I finally got someone to see the light after 3 tries. This is clearly a scam. Current attempts to clear this up have resulted in doubletalk, lies and being switched from extension to extension followed by being disconnected by a sleepy customer service agent while I was trying give them my card number for the 4th time. I'm disabled and my funds are direct-deposited into my account. Beware people!
Va

Comments

Vi
  10th of Dec, 2007
I opened a checking account around the first week of December 2007 and since then (2 weeks later) Wachovia has charged my account $145.00 in OD charges that were not my fault. I made a cash deposit and verified with the teller my bank balance of $217.32 then later that daya check for 215.00 came through and instead of paying it (which there was enough money to cover it in my account) they charged me up front $35 and then said there was not enough money to cover the check. When I went to the local branch in Clearwater Florida to dispute this transaction I was treated extremely rude by a 21 year old female manager who had no business dealing with the public - she would not even listen to what I had to say or look at my receipts. I am the only income for myself and a disabled person and what Wachovia has done to me means that I cannot buy groceries this week - Nice bank huh? I think that their commercials touting their good customer service are a total LIE!!!
  22nd of Jan, 2008
I worked in consumer collections at wachovia for 9.3 years and I could assure you it has the worse customer service dept. Why do you think they had to chance the name from First Union to Wachavia?