WA State Unemployment / Denial of Benefits

Washington department of Unemployment
The state of Washington being a Right To Work State makes it easy to terminate you for any reason then deny paying you unemployment benies for any reason your employer can dig up and in the mean time your loosing everything that you ever worked for.

A  1st of Apr, 2009 by
Their latest tactic is to back date claims and tie you up with legal red tape; until you finaly give up.
Washington State resident for over 40 years and still working while paying into their system.
I very seldom apply for unemployment and because they have made it so dificult for an honest person: I in all probability will never apply again.
A  9th of Oct, 2009 by
I am on my first appeal now, all because a letter informing me of a mandatory, worksource meeting, somehow was hidden in the jacket of one of my junk-mail ads.

All I can find in legal advice so far has to do with an employer disputing my claim, and how to get referees and witnesses, ect. Nothing about the course of action to appeal the kind of decision in my case.
N  5th of Sep, 2012 by
I can count on one hand the number of times I have filed for Unemployment in Wa. I am over 50, I am on my 3rd appeal, After being verbally abused, called vulgaar names, being spit on, criticized regularly in front of others for almost 8 years I quit after Employer reduced my hours from full time to 7 hours every other week, Their book clearly states that is considered "good cause" just the reduction in hours seemed okay as I knew I was filing an EOCC claim that would handle the other issues. Nope! wrong!!! My employer lied through his teeth so I responded, contacted a witness, and ULO, had an admistrative Law hearing, by boss was not present, rep from employer claimed they diddn't get my response, so Judge wouldn't allow it, diddn't question my witness and ruled I should of now known it was a part time job? even though I had been working over 2 years full time. something is definitely wrong with this picture as my response should've been allowed, I diddn't receive a fair hearing.
N  1st of Aug, 2013 by
After working for a company for 14 years my domestic partner passed away, I missed work of course. I received a letter from my employer informing me that I had missed 30 days of work, and per the contract with the union I was terminated. I went straight to the union and the help I believe was there was not. I was told to deal with the "reason" on my own, the union would not have any dealings with the subject of the termination. I have tried to find help in anyway possible, I filed my appeals, both denied. I was very upset about the way my appeals were handled, it took for ever for them to work there way through system and then they were denied. I was waiting for months, not weeks, and then given the decision with the "judge" using case law as references and not even addressing the subjects I gave in my appeal that provided my employer was testifying, under oath, was not the truth and used a second attendance policy as evidence against me, is that double jeopardy, and then giving me the wrong paperwork to get signed for FLMA. The entire situation is a employers dream, I had no idea what to except with this process and the "help" you are suppose to get was not even close to what you are faced with. I have attempted to discuss this matter with the departments that this matter was involved, I can only say that I am writing this here because no one will explain there reasons for not wanting to explaining there decisions.
N  10th of Feb, 2014 by
Wow. I am 53 yrs old. Finally got three checks, now being audited. I was laid off in November 6th. Allowed unemployment in Febuary. .
I follow the rules have done all my job searches, been doing job searches for seven years now. All I have been able to get is part time work, yet now that I have full-time work that is seasonal, they seem to be harrassing me because I complained that the agency is..top heavy... something is wrong.
N  23rd of Nov, 2015 by
Where's the call center and all the people whom answered the phone? I know they didn't get laid off. This fcking agency is a joke. Opting out of this bowlshot should be every workers right. I can save for my own hard times. Typical Washington government fleecing its citizens. Maybe i would get better service if i spoke spanish?
N  10th of Dec, 2015 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I voluntarily quit my job for several personal reasons, however did not officially resign until I was offered a position. According to the unemployment website that is a valid reason for quitting. On my voluntary quit statement I said I decided to quit on 7/1 but I didn't officially resign until I was offered a position...I gave several reasons for my quitting, and they are speculating that those reasons are my reasons for resigning. UGH It is unfair that when they do a review, they do not contact you to go through your request for clarification. 20 years working in that state and I can't even collect unemployment for the short term!
D  16th of Mar, 2016 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been dealing with unemployment office for a couple days now and they all try to tell you they cannot help you, last I checked this was your place of employment you need to be able to help me as that is your job! I had my bank account cleared out because of another individual. They are not on my account any longer and this was MY money not the third parties. Even after submitting a letter from the bank stating they are not on the account anymore they still will not release my funds. I know I have rights too. There has to be something else I can do to get MY money back! I find this completely unacceptable and the unemployment office needs to do their job instead of saying they cannot help an individual.
N  15th of Feb, 2018 by
Horrible state agency in Wa state. The Governor office do nothing about them either. They are very unprofessional, their system is terrible, their phone answering system horrible and name it...Their Commissioner do nothing and I am sorry to live in this corruption state ...If you become unemployed they are not giving you anything...