VSNL Broadband / Never try VSNL Broadband

VSNL Broadband has no customer sense.

First they dont have a toll free number to raise any complaint even from a tata indicom phone. We have to follow up several times on a complaint.

Second they dont have proper method for paying the bills. We have to pay in their office or drop the cheques at certain selected banks. You have to spend petrol/diesel or walk all the way to pay the bills. You know these guys are still in last century -> they donot accpet payments through internet. I met with an accident in my car searching for counters to pay the bill!!

Third, they change their billing system without prior notification to customers. For example, I have been receing my bills in my yahoo account. Suddenly they have changed the system, that the bill will only be sent to their web mail ID. Customer is not indicated about this. So, customer doesn't have access to the bill. My account is suspended stating that I have not paid the bill which I have not yet received.

Fourth, No wonder how many days the line is cut/down you will never get downtime credit. The customer service executive will ask funky questions, with answers like "it is fine at our end", so that there is no downtime credit. But the junk executive will never understand that the internet is not working and broadband link is down. They dont have a proper system to capture this.

Fifth, Broadband Cable cut atleast two times a month. The broadband cable will be cut for any reason. Wait for 2/3 days with sincere follow-up calls to the customer executive.

Sixth, The broadband rates are very slow than their commitment. You can shout, howl - they just dont care.

Seventh, They take customer for granted.

If you want to experience frustration, please go ahead and try VSNL Broadband (esp. Bangalore)!

N Raja

A  17th of Oct, 2006 by

Sub: Improper functioning of our Internet Broadband – Reg.

We wish to inform that we were operating the internet broadband connection since January 2006, through our telephone no. 2371593 under the scheme of Business Plan 3000. Initially, the net functioning had been normal for the first six months. Subsequently, there were frequent disruptions in the online and the net link got disconnected off and on throughout the day. On booking the complaint, your department personnel had checked the problem and suggested to use the direct telephone line for internet purpose since our present line number had passed through our EPABX system.

Accordingly, we cancelled our broadband connection linked with our telephone no. 2371593 (EPABX line) and obtained a new business plan 3000 connection recently through our direct telephone number – 2371781. Even then, we are still facing the above difficulties and encounter its non-functioning more than 20 times a day.

With the result, our business operations are badly affected and put to so many hardships. We request you to kindly look into the matter and arrange to set right the problem immediately.

Thanks and regards,

Asst.Manager EDP
A  4th of Apr, 2007 by
Sub: No connection

Hi, I live in ghaziabad, I have taken VSNL broadband connection in December 2005... and up till now i have not get the good services.... my internet does not work for 20- 20 days. I call the branch manager of ghaziabad many times but he dont pick up the phone and even dont give any response, when by they pick pick the phone... I have called up many times in customer care but did not get any positive response from there as well... I have given around rs.3500 in advance. And now i want that back...
A  19th of Sep, 2007 by
What about complaint no 3595962.
A  1st of Nov, 2007 by
They have unnecessarily delayed the shifting of my broadband connection.

I am moving house but it just down the street and they have no correct response, they have no customer care number either !!
A  16th of Aug, 2008 by
hi guys,
All above complaints are very true i have a Very good BAD experience with VSNL people.

A  23rd of Sep, 2008 by
pls send bill to the above email address
N  6th of Nov, 2012 by
A bill for our Acc. no.ACC004638556 User Name:hmminfra@vsnl.net for the month Sept.2012 bill date 01.10.12 a payees cheque of Rs.1686/- no.257258 Axis Bank Karnal .to Malhotra Enterprises, Karnal was given in person, which was not en cashed, a second payees cheque of Rs.1686/- no.257270 dated 25.10.2012 of AXIS Bank was again given to Mr. Saruv Malhotra in lieu of the fist one put on STOP Payment. Now, again this cheque is not en cashed and further more a bill of Rs. 3397.48/- is raised dated 04.11.12, kindly see to my grievance, we face lot of problem in our business due to your net dis -connection .We started with your net services from MAY 2012 and are facing this problem 3rd time. Resolve it at the earliest for smooth functioning .
N  4th of Aug, 2016 by

VSNL Broadband - VSNL looting customers!

I bought a learning aid from the company which had 30 Days validity. But I use to get content not found error. After lot off follow up they say we can't return your money.

And Now they are saying you had already seen the movie and validity was 24Hrs for the same.

So complain was about Learning aid and 30 days validity, but they gave answer about movie. which I never bought.

I think If Ratan wants some money for takeover he can straight away ask us. At least I will like to give more money for good cause.
A  4th of Aug, 2016 by

We are tata vsnl broadband customers since the last 6 months (unlimited 64 KBPS). We have registered 12 complaints in 6 months. Now we got our tata VSNL broad band renewed for next 6 months after subsequent followups from tata.

Since the first day the connection crashed every day for about 5 days then we come to know that the people have forg0tten to unlock our connection (as per their sources).

Today after their maintenance engineer repaired the problem the internet goes down every 10 minutes to 1 hour. We called our computer maintenance engineer to check our PC for any software problem but it is found ok. We being an office we cannot waste 1 hour every day calling up the customer care (Never reachable) and wasting time.

We after this harassment called up the maintenance dept directly on no response we called up 35 times and we were very rudely told that there was some meeting going on. Now we want to know that is the maintenance dept for meetings or for attending complaints.

We thought TATA is a company of ethics but today we feel we were wrong.

Thanks for your trouble creating service.
N  4th of Aug, 2016 by

VSNL Broadband - Say NO to VSNL!

Firstly they never gave me my hard earned money for no fault of mine when there was a downtime of one month. I tried reaching them over phone and drove 20 kms to their filthy office and gave a written complaint but after one year nothing has moved.

Secondly they stopped sending bills by post and without informing they were posting their bills only on their mail server.

In the latest case they have made by account inactive because of breach in credit limit (1000 Rs!!!) without informing me. I tried the website to which i was denied access cos of the inactive account. I wonder how they expect me to call their stupid call service every time to get to know the status.

I took this service just because I am a TATA employee and was promised better service but if a tata employee can get this type of service I wonder what normal consumers can expect.

Say NO to VSNL!

VSNL broanband - Frequently interuption due to local server

I have a internet of VSNL Broadband name of vipuljshah@vsnl.net from the last week of Oct it is very much headache for me cause it is not working fluently, every morning I have to launch a complain for net is not working, from them side only one repeated ans. Local server is down after 9.30am it works again then again discontinue in the evening. I launched complain so many times, yet there is no satisfied solution of this issue.
My complain no’s are as follow:

3rd Oct 10866092
6th Oct 10882726
6th Oct 10888102
Oct 10894698
9th Oct 10915632

I had made a complaint on the 3rd October regarding frequent local server being down issue, as a result of which the net connection is unavailable.I have been registering complaints almost every day. It has been over a month and nothing has been done over it. i spoke to the nodal office too...

Month of August I also suffered from this problem at least 15days.