VSNL Broadband / No connection for a week

India Review updated:
I am a Broadband Customer of VSNL at Pune. My connection is not working for the last one week. I was able to reach a customer service representative by calling the helpdesk [protected]) after many attempts and spending many minutes on the phone.

I have sent many mails to the service email id (customerservice@vsnl.co.in).

Nor my problem has been resolved not has been there any response to my mails or any call to my phone.

I would like to escalate this issue to the highest level in your organisation as I never expected such unprofessional conduct from a Tata Company.

Please let me know what recourse do I have to make good for the loss that I have incurred as VSNL has not lived upto the expectation. I would want to get my fees refunded so that I can take the services of some other more reliable service provider.

Looking forward to a quick response.

A  18th of Sep, 2006 by
VSNL Broadband has no customer sense in Bangalore as well. First they dont have a toll free number to raise any complaint even from a tata indicom phone. We have to follow up several times on a complaint. VSNL broadband is definetly a bad choice. Proper down time credit was not given even when my connection was down for more than 10 days a month back. I have to make several calls on the status for this credit. I was assured of the credit for which I was curious to see the bill. But the latest frustration is that they have suspended my account without sending any bill. The billing period is changed without prioir notification to customer. Such a junk expereince. I really wonder why the hell are they still in broadband giving such a miserable service to customers.

Currently I have applied a new broadband connection from an another vendor. I am sure it will go that worse as tata broadband.
N  12th of Apr, 2007 by
To whom it may concern:

I have taken net connection before one month, but it is not getting connected itself. I have contacted the customer care for more than 40 times and I have told the problem to each and every person and I have spoke to everyone from the top level to bottom. I have taken post paid connection and I have paid the money for four months in advance Rs. 786 per month unlimited download scheme. I have come and spoke in office also for more than four times, but they have not taken any action till date. I have lost my home transcription job because of your poor service and your carelessness. I have lost around Rs. 30,000. If the problem is not rectified within 24 hours then I am going to take serious action against this by handing over this letter and filing a suite in the consumer court.
N  30th of Jul, 2008 by
Our broadband modem is not working since 26.07.08
Docket no. U9626 dated 26.07.08.
Urgent please.
Gluconate Health Ltd. 1, Health Institute Road,
Dumdum Cantonment, Kolkata--700065
Phone-- 25662075 / 25662455
D. Ray
Works Manager
N  3rd of Dec, 2008 by
better the vsnl establishment close down and send people who are attending customers care at home
god bless ou all
A  5th of Jun, 2009 by
We have the same issue with VSNL .We were using 1 mbps infint plan.

Their customer suport executives working as Recording media . Very irresponsible management in vsnl . We have complaint about connection problem to custmer service too much time and send mail to nodel officer . They respond for the complaint after 15 days. Its just a moden reset problem . To attended the the problem their people take 15 days.After 2 days the connection not working . So we have close the VSNL connection and take Airtel connection . Now we have no issue about connection . No connection brake with in one month .

We have used vsnl connection approcimately 2 year . All month 7 or 8 time connection broked .And to complaint about the issue we have to spend approcimately half an hour in calling . and get response as like Robert .very very very bad custmer mangement and service . Their actitude is just like "they are not responsible for the connection problem "

Alex Jose