VRBO / Vacation Rentals By Owner / hilton head island 205 the greens shipyard
On June 1 at 6PM I was told that my grandson who was shot by a pellet gun in the neck was unable to travel. Emotionally I cancelled my condo at the greens 205 Shipyard, Hilton Head Island Then 10 minutues later, we decided to take the condo, as I had already paid over $1600 for the week.
The owner, Jim Bateman, cancelled and would not reconsider. His only comment was that if he could fill the condo for 06/30-07/07 he would consider giving me 1/2 of my price back. I just wanted the condo as I had already paid for it.
At this point, I was only given the option of returning my $300 refund and $100 cleaning fee.
We wanted the condo!!!
Please be very careful when dealing with Jim Bateman Seems he wants double the condo rent for the 4th of July week. Very Very upset.
Have been coming to Shipyard for 12 years and this is a deplorable situation.
Shame on VRBO for this landlord..This is not a good PR for VRBO and I will tell my family and friends to go elsewhere from now on
More VRBO / Vacation Rentals By Owner Complaints & Reviews
- VRBO - customer service 
- VRBO - terrible rental vacation
- VRBO - beware of property owner lying to keep deposit 
- [Resolved] VRBO listing # 93643 - filthy mountain cove cottage 
- VRBO - vrbo listing #292327 
- vrbo.com - the website and dashboard are down constantly or freeze, no customer service
- VRBO - new service fee 
- VRBO - I don't receive my payment and answer
- VRBO/Homeaway - internet fraud 
- www.vrbo.co - fake contact info and impossible to reach the online agent