VRBOour listing on their website

A Jun 14, 2017 Review updated:

For the past 10 years we have had our property listed on VRBO same listing, same picture and same info.. Without any problems.. this year we were contact by VRBO that our listing was expiring. Did we want to use their online reservation service or continue to advertise and handle our own reservations. We chose the latter as we are in a remote area and need to have contact with guests.We received a bill for $549.00 but when we received our visa the charge was $756.17 . the VRBO /Homeaway did not mention the fees were in US Funds. However because we had success with this company in the past we decided to pay the amount and use the service Mistake!!!We found that VRBO/HOMEAWAY were reading our emails from our guests wanting to reserve accommodation, and censoring them!!!..now it is impossible to have any contact with this company.. any info that is sent to you is in a from letter, there is no telephone contact .
We then were told our listing had been cancelled as it did not meet their compliance? What compliance.. we had an agreement that we would be handling our own correspondence and that we would taking our own reservations!, After numerous form letters nothing was resolved we tried to change the original listing to one unit only to find that we were unable to edit the rates nor the calendar. Plus we could not find the listing anywhere in our area. Since VRBO has become part of the HomeAway organization and has turned into nothing more that a booking agency, , save your money and frustrations go with AIRBNB !!

• D
      Aug 27, 2017

I will be canceling my home on VRBO. How dare them keep my money from my rentals on my home until after someone checks in. That is ridiculous. VRBO/Homeaway has given themselves the power to even give your renters their money back making all the decisions. Who keeps the interest on these said rentals? I worked hard to have a multi million dollar home paid for, Ill be damned if VRBO gets to hold MY money for My rental.

• A
      Aug 27, 2017

@Danalev WE have been on the VRBO web site for the past 10 years, never again! They are trying to copy Airbnb but not giving the service ! After 17 years in operation we will NOT be relisting next year and will be submitting a complaint to the BBB... talked to 3 other vacation rentals. all NOT relisting with Homeaway VRBO

• D
      Aug 27, 2017

Most everyone on our lake will be pulling their listings. I privately own a 2.4 mil dollar home that I rent 7 times per summer to pay the taxes and upkeep at around $4000 per week. We are very picky to whom we rent and speak to them at length before committing. VRBO/Homeway now wants to hold our rental money we get in say, November, for a rental in July or Aug until after renter moves in. NOT going to happen. Spoke to someone there yesterday who could not tell me what kind of account my money was to be held in, whether interest bearing or not, insured and if so by who, etc. Only a [censor] would do this. Sounds like the makings of a class action law suit