VPI Pet InsuranceScam

1 Review updated:

I enrolled my 3 cats in VPI Pet Insurance and, after confirming their health history, was advised that I would be billed for 2 months per pet in advance. If I had a claim, all I would need to do would be to fax the claim form along with the vet's bill to VPI. Simple and easy. However, when I submitted my first claim for a paltry $67, their response took almost a month and then I was advised that the claim was denied and "under review." They requested that I send all medical records/charts, etc., etc. related to the cat for which I submitted the claim for the past year. I was amazed and insulted as I felt as though they were questioning the validity of the claim. I also found it interesting that they had no problem charging my credit card for the 2 months per cat downpayment plus monthly installments but, when I submitted a small claim, I was expected to provide a full accounting of this history of my cat's health. Again, this was only for a $67 claim! Total and complete rip off and misrepresentation of their services. I have since cancelled the insurance and am requesting a full refund which will probably be another battle. Instead, I will take the monthly premiums that I would have provided them and put it in the bank for any trips to the vet!

Di

Comments

• Jz
      Jan 25, 2010

Would suggest that you post this comment on Pet InsuranceReview.com. There have been numerous complaints about this company. I have my pets enrolled in PetPlan, which is very highly rated. There have been a couple of glitches, but they are generally nice and reimburse very well.

• Ro
      Jan 16, 2012

Good luck trying to cancel your policy
    I submitted a cancellation to my policy to save a few bucks per month. I have gone through two rounds with my credit card disputing the automatic charge. Every time I cancel the policy VPI unilaterally reinstates it. What a hassle!!!