Von's Supermarket / poor customer service!

1 Erringer RoadSimi Valley, CA, United States Review updated:

Von's Supermarket-agita for life. Agita, a perfect word in Italian to describe my feelings for my local Von's supermarket. Customer service isn't the perfunctory, Didyoufindeverythingyouwerelookingfortoday? Customer service is where you say to the customer, "I'm sorry you had to come back to the store to correct OUR mistake." I hope we can serve you better next time you return." And of course, this is spoken looking directly at the customer with some sort of, albeit fake, sincerity.

I don't shop at Von's because they have the lowest prices or a sparkling clean market, far from it. I go there because it is the closest option in my many options to by food. My checker, trying to get done with the day, was so quick to ring me up she forgot to give me a substantial discount on a product I'd purchased, $9.65. I did think my bill was a bit high and putting my groceries into my trunk I noticed the mistake. If it had been any less, I swear, I'd have just gone home but I was irritated by her actions in the first place.

After I waited in the Customer Service line the guy looked at the receipt, looked at the ham, walked to the cash register and gave me my change. No apology, no smile, no kiss-my-###-I-hate-all-you-people. He then stood there and watched me struggle to put the ham back in my bag. I still do have a broken wrist and a noticeable brace on my right arm. I had to ask for his help.

Mistakes happen, I'm well aware of that, and I'll even go so far as to say I should have been paying a bit more attention as she checked me out but for the love of all that's good, would it have killed them to be a little more cheerful?

The customer service section of their website is no answer as I wrote them, received an e-mail about how I'd hear soon from someone. That was a month ago. They must be too busy counting their money to contact me.

Comments

22nd of Aug, 2008

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY
    IN FACT---THEY SEEM TO HIRE THE RUDEST CLERKS
    FROM VENTURA TO ESCONDIDO
    THE OTHER DAY I MERELY WANTED TO FIND OUT SOMETHING THAT I'D DISCUSSED WITH THE REGINAL MANAGER-AND I ASKED, COULD YOU PLEASE FIND "SO AND SO" I SAID, PAULEETTE, PAULINE, OR CLAUDETTE OR CLAUDINE--I DIDN'T SAY "SO AND SO"..I SAID, I'M NOT SURE OF HER NAME, BUT I SAW HER IN THE STORE TODAY AND I KNOW SHE'S THE REGIONAL OR VISITING MANAGER, QUITE POSSIBLY, THE "DISTRICT?" MANAGER/ SHE'S AWFULLY NICE-THAT'S MY PERSONAL OPINION, I DIDNT SAY THAT TO THE CLERK. THE CLERK AND HER FRIEND MAKING FACES AT THE NEXT REGISTER "SHOUTS AT ME" SO, WHO IS IT YOU WANT TO TALK TO (I SHOULD HAVE CORRECTED HER GRAMMER BY THE WAY BUT THE GIRL WAS ALREADY "BOTHERED "BY MY NEED TO FIND THE DIST. MANAGER ETC., !!) IT'S WHOM..ANYWAY...REGAARDLESS..THE CLERKS "BOTH" CHIME IN TOGETHER "WHAT'S HER NAME" I SAID, I'M JUST A CUSTOEMR-YOU, SHOULD MAYBE KNOW HER NAME--AS YOU WORK WITH HER, AND I DON'T..THEY WERE TRYING TO EMBARRASS ME BECAUSE I COULDN'T RECALL HER NAME.AND PROBABLY UPSET THAT I EVEN "PREFERRED" BRINGING MY COMPLAINT TO HER. THES GIRLS AT THIS ESCONDIDO STORE ON EAST VALLEY PARKWAY, ARE EXCEPTIONALLY RUDE, OUTSPOKEN, ATTACKING AND GOSSIPY...THEY'RE MOSTLY OUT OF "PHYSICAL" SHAPE..AND I WONDER HOW THEY CAN BRING THEMSELVES TO EVEN LOOK IN MIRRORS IN THE MORNIGN TO BRING THEMSELVES TO WORK! THEY WORK F O R CLAUDETTE, OR PAULETTE...OR, PAULINE, OR CLAUDINE..GOD KNOWS, I TRY BUT CAN'T REMEMBER HER NAME, EXACTLY..THESE CLERKS AREN'T BUSY ENOUGH, APPARENTLY, AS THEY PICK OUT CUSTOMERS TO SHOUT AT AND EXAGGERRATE THE SITUATION TO MAKE THE CUSTOMER APPEAR TO BE AN IDIOT? HOW SHOULD I KNOW HER EXACT NAME.I KNOW SHE'S NICE-I KNOW SHE'S NOT A REGULAR NINE TO FIVE EMPLOYEE-AND IS A SUPERFVIOSR, A DISTRICT MANAGER--THAT'S PRETTY MUCH FOR A CUSTOMER WHO JUST WANTS TO RETURN SOME BAD FOOD... TO HAVE TO BE REQUIRED TO "KNOW" AND REITERATE, I'D SAY. HOW UNHELPFUL. SURELY THEY KNOW HER NAME, AND DONT' HAVE T MAKE A SPECTICAL OF ME, TRYING TO REMEMBER IT! THEY'ARE ALWAYS CRABBY-WHY DO THEY BOTHER EVEN WORKING AT A GROCER STORE IF THEY DON'T "LIKE HELPING AND GUIDING" CUSTOMERS WHO LIKE TO EAT?

MARY
    SAFETYCONCERNSUS@YAHOO.COM

• As
      28th of Mar, 2009
    Von's Supermarket - Poor hygiene
    Von
    Encinitas
    California

The guy at the deli's counter whom was going to cut lunchmeats for me had his latex gloves on, he noticed scale's printing paper was out. He put new paper roll in the machine, closed it, and proceeded to cut meat with the same gloves that he had on. He also manhandled meat pieces after cut. Has he ever been told why should he put any gloves on for this kind of work that he's asigned ? I doubt it.