Vonage World Calling Plan / Unlimited International = 3000 minutes

1 Romeoville, IL, United States Review updated:

Vonage advertised its Word calling plan as Unlimited.
When i reached their unsaid limit of 3000 minutes, they sent a warning message saying my usage is not in accordance with Terms. There is no mention on 3000 minutes in the Terms.

My complaint is about Vonage' misleading advertising of their plan as "Unlimited". They can play fair and charge per minute to their customers.

Comments

• Sh
      24th of Sep, 2010

Hi Raja,

I can Suggest you a Genuine Service, unlimited to India, without Internet.

If you are Interested mail me your Phone Number to my Email ID: shekhar.sharma1978@gmail.com.

I will Call You and tell you in details.

Your Well Wisher,

Shekhar Sharma

15th of Oct, 2010

i ALSO COME ACROSS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM, WHERE VONAGE NEVER TOLD ABOUT THE MINUTES FOR UNLIMITED INTERNATION CALLING TO INDIA FOR THE VONAGE WORLD PLAN. EVEN I HAD CONSULTED THE COUSTMER SERVICE BEFORE THE CONNECTION THEY TOLD THIS IS UNLIMITED. THERE IS NO INFORMATION PRESENT REGARDING THIS, IN THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF VONAGE.

NOW THEY SEND SYSTEM MESSAGE THAT MY ACCOUNT SHOWING HEAVY AND IRREGULAR PATTERN OF INTERNATIONAL CALL WHICH IS NOT UNDER NORMAL RESEDENTIAL PURPOSE AND HAD CROSSED THE MAXIMUM TIME LIMIT WHICH THEY ARE NOW STATING IS 3000MIN FOR INTERNATIONAL CALL. THEREFORE THEY WILL DIRECTLY SWITCH MY PLAN FROM $14.99 (FOR 3 MONTHS & AFTER THAT $25/MONTH) TO 49.99 PLAN

SO BE AWARE OF THE FAKE ADVERTISEMENT OF THE VONAGE WORLD PLAN.

• Pr
      11th of Nov, 2010

I Completly agree with all the complaints. I emailed them twice trying to explain them I have unlimited plan. I keep getting canned answers so next day I called customer support.
    Funny thing is the lady on the phone got confused why I I even got the email stating that. Herself and her fellow agents were surprised.
    Next minute she talks to her supervisor and changes the story and trying to convince me that I was confused.
    I also talked to the supervisor but the same story. Vonage people won't even listen. In the end the supervisor says to me rudly that its their Terms of Service, if I don't agree then I should disconnect.
    My point to VONAGE geniuses is that where in the terms of service does it say that Unlimited == 3000 minutes. I agree with terms of service but 3000 minutes limit is no where written in that contract.
    I have been getting a email or two per day and a stupid voice mail saying the same thing.
    I got fed up and finally filed a formal complaint against Vonage to FCC.
    I think all the vonage customers should do this. Its easy and you can submit form online too.
    If FCC gets enough complaints probably they will do something about it. If anybody knows somebody in news industry they should definitely send this fraud story to media.
    To start with its false advertisement and illegal what Vonage is doing.
    After all this I get on with their agent online to Chat with them to find out if he will give me disclaimer about "Unlimited". But he didn't. Even after probing him with questions such as "Is unlimited really mean I can talk without any limit to India? Or there is a limit?" and the guy kept saying really its unlimited.

As Customers or ex customers of Vonage we need to make this company sorry for the way they are cheating American People. We deserve better than this!!!

11th of Nov, 2010

If you want good Service please call us at 1-877-777-0478 Extension 407, we will give you best service and homely customer support.

• Ba
      22nd of Feb, 2011

i also got the same problem with vonage. how do i go with complaint.

• Pj
      17th of Jun, 2011

I received below email from Vonage today and I'm very upset about this. They say it is UNLIMTED and now sending me alert emails.

From Vonage::
    We appreciate your business and thank you for using Vonage for your phone service.

In order to provide the best value to all our customers, we track usage of Vonage residential calling plans. At the time of signup, you agreed to the Vonage Terms of Service (TOS), which explains that our residential service is for normal residential use only. The TOS includes guidelines regarding usage that is not considered normal residential use. If you would like to review the usage guidelines again, please refer to Vonage's Reasonable Use Policy by clicking here or see sections 5 and 10 of the TOS.

We have observed usage on your account, 14342964431, which is not consistent with normal residential use. Specifically, your account shows irregular patterns of use and/or international-minute usage that is more than twice that of our heaviest users.

At this time, you can remain on your current plan, but your usage will need to be changed to fall within normal residential use guidelines which are based upon the predominant patterns of our residential service customers. For example: this usage would generally not exceed more than 3, 000 international minutes per month in combination with a reasonable number of unique international numbers called. As another option, you can switch to a different calling plan, or you can disconnect your service without penalty.

For additional information about your options please respond to this email and one of our associates will be glad to assist you.

Regards,