Vonage Internet Phone Service / vonage owes me refnds for month of service charges after cancellation and undisclosed cancellation fees plus causing me bankaccount fees.

Trenton, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-243-4357

I WAS DISSATISFIED WITH THE VONAGE SERVICE SO I CHOSE ANOTHER PHONE SERVICE WHICH NOTIFIED VONAGE OF THE CHANGE. VONGE OKAYED IT. THEN THEY WITHDREW THE NEXT MONTH FEE FOR SERVICES THEY DID NOT PROVIDE. I CALLED VONAGE. THEY OFFERED ME 2 FREE MONTHS TO GO BACK TO THEM. NEXT, I RECEIVED A NOTICE FROM MY BANK OF NSUFFICIENT FUNDS AND CHARGES FOR THAT. VONAGE HAD WITHDRAWN CANCELLATION FEES WHICH WERE NEVER DISCLOSED TO ME OR WRITTEN IN THE LITERATURE I RECEIVED. I CONTACTED VONAGE BUT THEY REFUSED TO REFUND ANY OF MY MONEY. I AM A SENIOR ON LOW INCOME AND THIS CAUSED ME SEVERE FINANCIAL LOSS AND DISTRESS. THERER HAS TO BE SOME CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM THIS GREEDY COMPANY. THEY STOLD MONEY FROM ME. HOW DO I GET ANY RESTITUTION? HELEN PETIPREN [protected]

Comments

Co
  28th of Apr, 2009
DISA VONAGE!!! WHAT AN UNDERSTATEMENT TO SAY THE LEAST. I SIGNED UP FOR DISA VONAGE 9 MOS AGO.

ONE DAY LAST WEEK 4-23-09 I FINALLY GOT SICK AND TIRED OF MY INTERNET SERVICE NOT WORKING AT ALL
OR NOT WORKING PROPERLY. ALSO I GOT SICK OF ALL THE DROPPED CALLS AND OR BAD CONNECTIONS.

SO I CALLED UP DISA VONAGE AND ASKED HOW TO CANCELL. THEY SAID THAT I WAS ON A CONTRACT AND THAT THEY WOULD CHARGE ME A CANCELATION FEE AND ALSO A FEE FOR THE DISA VONAGE ROUTER. I OF COURSE WAS VERY VERT ANGRY AND EXPLAINED THAT MY DEBIT CARD WAS CANCELED AND THAT I WAS WAITING FOR A NEW ONE IN THE MAIL, SO I ASKED IF I COULD PAY WITH A CHECK. I WAS PUT ON HOLD FOR A LONG TIME AND THEN I GOT HUNG UP ON.

THIS REALLY MADE ME ANGRY SO I CALLED BACK AND SAID THAT I WAS GOING TO CALL CHANEL 7 NEWS AFTER I WAS DONE TALKING TO THEM AND THAT SINCE THEY DID NOT PROVIDE THE SERVICE THAT THEY SAID THAT THEY WOULD PROVIDE ON THE CONTRACT, THAT I SHOULD OWE THEM NOTHING!

THEY HUNG UP ON ME AGAIN! I TRIED TO CALLED BACK BUT THEY HAD ALREADY DISCONNECTED MY PHONE. I WENT ON LINE TO MY ON LINE BANKING AND THEY SENT ME THERE STATEMENT STATING THAT THEY TRIED TO CHARGE MY DEBIT CARD FOR $ 135.00 AND THAT FOR SOME REASON THE TRANSACTION WAS NOT SUCCESSFULL AND TO CALL THEM BACK WITH A DIFFERENT CREDIT CARD OR SOMETHING! OR SURE I'LL GET RIGHT ON IT .

WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS WOULD CHARGE FEES ON A DEBIT CARD THAT WAS CANCELED, WHICH I CLEARLY STATED ON THE PREVIOUS PHONE CAL. HOW STUPID IS THAT.

WELL ITS THERE DISA VONGAGE NOW! LET THEM TRY AND COLLECT THE MONEY FROM ME NOW!

GOOD LUCK. YOU CAN BEAT THEM AT THERE OWN GAME, I DID. I WENT OUT AND GOT A CELL PHONE.

PEACE OUT!
Ro
  6th of May, 2009
I hear your pain . I can assure you that you are speaking to deaf ears if you are calling customer service. Please allow me to advise you of who to contact at Vonage to resolve issues such as yours. The past CEO of Vonage was Jeffrey Citron, but the new CEO is Marc Lefar and he is determined to make Vonage a better company. You can contact him at 732-444-2398, please leave a message with his secretary to have him call you back. She may forward your request to an Executive Response Manager working for Marc Lefar. They are very professional and will work with you to resolve your problem. You can also FAX at 732-834-0189 .
If you would like to reach the Executive Response Manager directly, you can reach him at 888-580-4020 x22799..

Vonage Logo Vonage