Vonage / Unauthorized charges
I signed up with vonage in August 2008. I called to cancel on March 17, 2009. They tried every thing in their power to get me to stay and I still declined. I was told that I would be charged an early disconnect fee of $39.00 and a rebate recovery fee of $70.00. I was shocked upon hearing this. When I questioned this, I was told that it was part of the terms of service. These terms of service were never discussed with me nor did I discuss a commitment contract.
I asked to speak with a supervisor and he relayed the same mess that the representative said. Once again, I was very upset. I was so upset that I hung up on the supervisor.
I tried writing various emails and each time, the representative proclaimed to understand. They kept evading the subject when I asked for the name, telephone number, address or email address of a higher authority.
I will never recommend that any one sign on with Vonage. They are untruthful and charge for unnecessary charges. Their customer service is the worst.
I believe they make their money by charging bogus disconnect fees and rebate recovery fees.
More Vonage Complaints & Reviews
- Vonage - Scam and fraud! 
- Vonage Home Service - Terrible customer service 
- Vonage World Calling Plan - Unlimited International = 3000 minutes 
- Vonage Phone Service - telephone service 
- Vonage - Fraud 
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - worst voip provider available
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - international calling
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - fraud
- Vonage - world plan and cancellation process
- Vonage - rebate never came even 18 months later still trying