Vonage / BAD, BAD BUSINESS
I attempted to transfer my phone service to Vonage in good faith, and followed all of the instructions provided by Vonage. And as a result I am now out $11.00 for nothing.
Very, very poor business practices indeed. Not only will I never become a customer of Vonage, the relatives and friends that I was intending to recommend your service to will never hear a whisper from me. And I intend to file complaints with all regulatory agencies available to me.
All this trouble for a simple refund of $11.00. In hindsight, once my service had been canceled, the customer service representative should have initiated a paid return label for the adapter. It's not like I have been using your service, and then decided to change plans. The fact is, I NEVER transferred my service, and could not do so without incurring additional costs. The whole reason I requested to change plans was to save money, which ultimately I could not.
Do you really think it reasonable to burden a prospective customer with unforseen charges when attempting to become one of your loyal customers? You may want to revisit your marketing plan. Seems very strange to me.
From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I understand that you wish to receive refund for the shipping charges for returning your Vonage phone adapter.
As per the Money Back Guarantee policy, customer is responsible for shipping the phone adapter. Once the phone adapter is returned to Vonage, Vonage will issue refund for the charges made on your account. However please note that we do not have an option to issue credit for the return shipping charges as our system will not allow to issue refund higher than the charges made on the account. I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this issue.
To check our Money Back Guarantee policy, please visit the following web link:
If you have any questions, your Vonage team is available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact us whenever and however it suits you!
- On-Line Support Center at http://www.vonage.com/support.php
- Contact Us at http://www.vonage.com/help_contactus.php
- Or call Toll-Free at 1-VONAGE-HELP [protected])
If you call us for Technical Support, in order for our highly trained specialists to successfully assist you, it is highly recommended that you are near the Vonage phone adapter you are calling about and in the location you intend to use your Vonage service.
Thanks again for choosing Vonage, a better phone service for less!
Vonage Customer Care
More Vonage Complaints & Reviews
- Vonage - Scam and fraud! 
- Vonage Home Service - Terrible customer service 
- Vonage World Calling Plan - Unlimited International = 3000 minutes 
- Vonage Phone Service - telephone service 
- Vonage - Fraud 
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - worst voip provider available
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - international calling
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - fraud
- Vonage - world plan and cancellation process
- Vonage - rebate never came even 18 months later still trying