Vonage / Vonage V-Phone

I purchased the V-Phone from Vonage for my portable. I asked for overnight delivery and was immediately charged for the purchase price and the device was shipped.

The device arrived and immediately locked up my portable. I attached it to my desktop. It immediately locked up the desktop. I called their tech support and was transferred to India where I got someone who could not speak or understand English and knew very little about the V-Phone device. I spent four (4) hours on tech support only to find out that the device was faulty out of the package. I was forced to do a presentation to the Air Force on my cell phone in a remote location with poor service because I depended on Vonage.

The replacement device arrived about three (3) days later. I plugged it into my laptop, but the device could not register on the internet. I called tech support and got someone who could not speak English. I asked to be upgraded to the next tech support level. After two (2) more hours, the device registered. I went home that night to use the device to call my daughter. I could hear her, but she could not hear me. I called tech support and got someone who could not speak English and knew absolutely nothing about the product. After esclation to the next tech level, they were unable to correct the problem with the second device.

I, at this time, decided I had had enough of Vonage and asked to drop the account. They said I would have to call the next morning when that department was open. I called the next morning and was immediately put on hold for fifty (50) minutes. When an attendant finally came on, I was told that there would be a deposit put on both devices and my money could not be returned. NEXT, THEY SAID THAT WOULD SEND ME AN RMA FOR EACH DEVICE. NEXT, I WOULD HAVE TO TAKE MY TIME AND MONEY TO RETURN THESE USELESS, MALFUNCTIONING DEVICES TO VONAGE!!

This, simply put, is above and beyond the definition of injustice! Do not venture into the world of gross corporate incompetence and customer mistreatment that you find rampant in Vonage.

Comments

• Cr
      19th of Jan, 2008

Sounds like BREACH of contract. SUE for a full refund in small claims court

ALWAYS communicate with Vonage via POSTAL mail (paper).

Vonage is the new MCI: they're good at selling but have ZERO interest in customer service, have ZERO ethics, and don't even have the best audio codecs. You're call quality will suffer with vonage. Most of their money is spent on advertising. Their "support" model is like AOL: paying abusive cretins that use vonage with free vonage service. ZERO accountability!!

You're better off with VoicePulse.com or even voip.com. VoicePulse has the BEST quality audio codecs with the lowest compression. $20/mo unlimited National. They also offer lower bandwidth codecs. I use them. They're a little slow implementing new features. It's been TWO years and no new features.. but they will never screw you like vonage does.

For best results use a router that works with DD-WRT.com firmware!

--quote-start--

VoicePulse is the only service that offers five features to protect your privacy.

* Telemarketer Block stops telemarketers even before your phone rings.
    * Anonymous Call Block stops all unidentified calls. (I LOVE this feature!)
    * Do Not Disturb stops all calls.
    * Filters let you configure who can ring your phone and who can't. (puts an end to abusive family calls)
    * CallerID Block stops others from seeing your phone number when you make calls. (if I don't get to see who it is they are NOT ALLOWED to ring MY phone)

--quote-end--

voicepulse can also email voicemail.

Combine with YouMail.com for your mobile phone -- screw verizon wireless!

If you're techically savvy consider getting OPEN SOURCE asterisk and setting up your own VoIP system that's SIP friendly.. with EVERY FEATURE imaginable..

save even more money!!

asterisk.org

"Asterisk is the world’s leading open source telephony engine and tool kit. Offering flexibility unheard of in the world of proprietary communications, Asterisk empowers developers and integrators to create advanced communication solutions...for free"

asterisknow.org

"AsteriskNOW is an open source Software Appliance; a customized Linux distribution that includes Asterisk (the leading open source telephony engine and tool kit), the AsteriskGUI™, and all other software needed for an Asterisk system. AsteriskNOW is easy to install, and offers flexibility, functionality and features not available in advanced, high-cost proprietary business systems."

The VoIP providers, especially vonage, will hate me for informing you about asterisk! ;)

spread the word and screw vonage into non-existence

web ads suck too. never see another one. get all three easylists: http://easylist.adblockplus.org