Volvo bus service / uneven bus fare

1 India Review updated:

Hi,

I am a daily VOLVO passenger from KADUGODI to Satya Sai Hospital bus stop. I get down in the Satya Sai Hospital bus stop constructed by BBMP. This bus stop is ½ a kilometer ahead from Satya Sai Hospital's main gate. Exactly opposite to the bus stop there is a IT park named SJR. If I ask for a ticket till Satya Sai Hospital bus stops then conductors gives a RS. 15 ticket and destination will be written Satya Sai Hospital. But they force to get down in front of Satya Sai Hospital's main gate, where there is no BBMP bus stop and wouldn’t allow me to travel till actual Satya Sai Hospital bus stop(made by BBMP). After they ask me for a Rs 10 extra and they gives ticket till Graphite Ind which is almost 3 -4 kilometers from Satya Sai Hospital bus stop(made by BBMP). If I ask for a ticket till SJR which is exactly opposite to the Satya Sai Hospital bus stop, then they give a Rs. 20 ticket and destination will be written Graphite Ind.

If I tell them that the actual Satya Sai Hospital bus stop is not in front of the Satya Sai Hospital’s main gate it is ½ kilometer ahead then they replies that it is a BBMP problem, According to them current Satya Sai Hospital bus stop that should be SJR and Satya Sai Hospital bus stop should be in front of Satya Sai Hospital’s main gate. This becomes a daily issue. Most of the conductors charges Rs 5 extra even I am not going till that distance.

My request to BBMP is that either they change the Bus stop names and add SJR in VOLVO tickets as a place. Or take a step to the conductors.

I found a complains number in a VOLVO bus, I tried to call in that number once I was traveling in a VOLVO and one of the conductor force me to get down, that number does not exist. That number is [protected].

I went to KADUGODI bus terminal to complaints against this issue to the inspector. The inspector was just ignoring me and didn’t listen to me at all.

It is not possible for me to fight with the Volvo bus conductor every day morning and I want a permanent solution of this problem ASAP from BBMP service.

Su

Comments

• Ta
      28th of Sep, 2010

Yes... This is common thing with VOLVO service. Some time they will give next stop ticket and ask for more money (Rs 20 instead of Rs 15). Also their behavior is also very bad. A driver/conductor, who is driving a Volvo bus, should behave with the passengers properly. Volvo is not conductor's private property, as they behave.
    The above mentioned scenario (by supti) is common and I also heard the same from my friends also. We need the correct ticket with proper fare. I think there should be a laminated fair list (Laminated - because it should not be modified by the conductors) in the bus.

BBMP please act on this issue ASAP.

• Ar
      28th of Sep, 2010

I completely agreed with this fact. There are lots of conductors who are arrogant, don't know how to behave with the passengers. Regarding the stoppage and the ticket price issue, I totally agree that the stopage should be the BBMP newly constructed bus stop (Named as Satya Sai Hospital's Bus Stop). This will also help the people who are working in SJR. I strongly request to the High Authority to look into these issue asap and take proper actions. How come a conductor can force a WOMAN to get down at any place. They should learn the manner. We feel happy when we say that we are working in Bangalore but at the same time we feel sorry when we talk about these people (these conductors...)