Volkswagen / volkswagen commercial, birds and the bees"

United States Review updated:

As a mom to 3 young girls, I am very disappointed in vw. These highly sexual "birds and the bees" commercials have aired on daytime television for all american children to see. Thanks for looking out for the innocence of our children, vw! I wish to be the one to explain the "birds and bees" to my own children, at the time that I deem right. My daughters do not deserve to have their innocence influenced by a t. V. Car commercial. Vw will never have our family's business!

El
Apr 15, 2017

Comments

• Ei
      Apr 22, 2017

I am utterly stunned at the "Birds and Bees", Volkswagen commercial. My twelve and ten year old daughters were watching baseball, a family event and witnessed this sex commercial. Having sex in cars is not what I am trying to teach my girls. Volkswagen you have crossed the moral line in what is modest. You must be desperate for sales. You are not getting mine, nor everyone I tell about your sexual promotion! Shame on you!

• To

@Eileen6767 it it not suitable for children disgraceful

Apr 23, 2017

Good for you! It's very unresponsible for VW to make such a commercial.

• Cr
      Apr 23, 2017

@Chrisnchris they're married...sheeeezzzz what a bunch of whiners

• Ab
      Apr 24, 2017

I agree...super inappropriate commercial.

• Ab
      Apr 24, 2017

I agree...this commercial is super inappropriate.

• Gr
      Apr 25, 2017

@Ab2000 Totally agree that the commercial is inappropriate!

• Gr
      Apr 25, 2017

The commercial is beyond suggestive. Totally inappropriate!

• Ml
      Apr 25, 2017

Please pull this commercial. The implications are more than highly suggestive. I have two tweens that understand what is taking place in the cars. It's inappropriate and unconfortable and sending the wrong message. I don't care if the people in the commercial are married, sex is a sacred act andnot to be on display no matter how "subtle" the people at VW think they are being (which they are not being subtle at all!)

• Te
      Apr 25, 2017

This is such a tacky and inappropriate commercial. I can't believe you allowed this to pass. Just because it's a catchy song and you want to capitalize on the "love bug" phrase it's s not worth alienating more potential customers. I'm no prude but come on. Have some class. VW messed up their reputation bad enough already now they gotta go have sex in the car like some date rapists?

• Ro

Plus their cars suck!

• To

@rodney tames yeah dude

Apr 30, 2017

Even with our friends and family's various sense humors, I would NOT buy a VW based on this commercial. How much tolerance to this highly sexualized vehicle are we to accept. Shows VW had no respect for US consumers! More normalization of based instincts.

• Sl
      Apr 30, 2017

I agree. My 13 year old has even mentioned that the commercial has no class. Lets not promote inappropriate behavior in public. If they are representing a married couple would they be in a dark car illegally parked waiting to be charged with indecent exposure or would they be in their own home? Please get this commercial off the air during the day and prime time hours. I want my daughters to know what respecting themselves and having values means in relationships.

• Th
      May 01, 2017

I am stunned and so sad over the new Volkswagen commercial of a family going to dump the grandfathers ashes from an urn. Are you kidding. It's disgusting and very upsetting.