Voip.com / Nothing free!

1 136 Amber WayRockingham, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 910-817-4403

1 month of FREE service with voip.com is not FREE. I canceled my service and returned the adapter before the month was up. They charged $41.99 to my credit card for canceling. I called the company and they would not remove the hidden fee.

Comments

5th of Dec, 2007

The best way to get your money back is to complain to the attorney general of your state and you can also complain to the FCC. They have online complaints and they have to respond to the agencies, I've found fairly quick results this way. Enough complaints will cause an audit.

I don't think Voip.com will be around long (because of such poor customer relations and phone service) so the sooner you do this the better off you may be. Another route would be to contact your credit card company and inform them of a fraudulent payment and they will usually credit your account.

Good Luck!!

~A

• Tr
      13th of May, 2008

I was with sunrocket and loved them! Switched to voip.com and unfortunately prepaid for one full year of service at $199. After suffering for 5 months, finally decided to take the loss and find another carrier. Have loved my new carrier when suddenly my phone stopped working. Totally dead! Discovered Voip.com put in an order to re-port my number back to them... no 3rd party verification... no approval from me. Their phone customer support couldn't help me. Directed me to an online fourm and their only response was 'we opened a ticket with our carrier'. So still without any phone service since I don't have their stinking 'gizmo' installed anymore. They basically stole my phone number back. I thought I was rid of them and here they are! STAY AWAY. They shouldn't be in business. My account was still opened because if I closed it I would get socked with a termination fee. They have an option to 'cancel on anniversary' so I opted for that. I think that is the trigger to do what they did to me. check out their forum on porting numbers and I am not the only one they did this to. Many really unhappy previous customers! I'll say it one more time... 'stay away from voip.com'. Their $199 a year is nowhere near sunrockets $199 a year!!