Voip.com - Internet Telephone / Do not use this company! You will be sorry!

To whom it my concern

I was told by a comparison web sit that VIOP.COM was the best internet phone service provider with the best service and tech support. NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!

When my phone router arrived I began the process of connecting it to my modem as per the instructions in the installation book. After trying every trouble shooting technique the book had to offer with no success, I came to the conclusion that I was going to have to reconfigure my DSL modem if this phone system was going to work. It turns out the instructions for doing this where incorrect. Wrong ip address wrong buttons to configure. When I tried calling tec support I was on hold for a total of THREE AND A HALF HOURS! Over the coarse of three calls. Calls number 2 and 3 would not of been necessary if they hadn't disconnected me. All three tecs ( if you can call them that ) Were apparently disengaged and half asleep. The extent of there knowledge was to tell me to turn of my equipment for 10 minutes to see if that would help. "Gee never thought of that one". When I told them My modem needed to be configured to work with their stuff and that the web address for fixing this problem was incorrect they froze. I was then greeted with utter silence and but on hold for 20 minutes here and 30 minutes there. All they could suggest was to email tech support with the problem. After emailing them specifying my specific problem Three times I got a reply three days latter. They told me to turn of my equipment for 10 minutes. I just called to cancel my subscription. The man I talked to in India didn't seem to care. I will now see if I can get my money back. Wish Me Luck!