Voip.com / Extremely poor service uptime!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I have had VOIP for a few months it has always been intermittent but is getting worse by the day. For the past week it has been down more then up. It's been so bad that now I have to use my cell phone (and run up my expenses) to operate my work since my VOIP is always done. I was unfortunate enough to think the 1yr cost effective plan was a good idea. All it does is lock you into losing money for a years worth of service.

VOIP not only has extremely poor service, but the support is worse. I'm not digging the technical support folks who I am sure are trying very hard to fix the mess, but there is poor customer support for complaints, issues and money back. If the service is not working for days on end there should be an offer a refund for lost service and an offer to cancel service so you can at least go purchase a service that DOES work.

Not only has this caused me endless frustration. It's cost me a lot of money. Lots business, use f my personal cell phone so folks can reach me and now a cancellation fee to get myself out of it. BIG FUN they charge you money for the fact that the aren't providing you service so you have to go get another service that does work. Cancellation fee $39.95 and if you perchance don't return the modem which of course has to be shipped out of you own pocket $, then they will charge you another $55.

What a scam... who are they kidding. Is this supposed to be a business? It's JOKE!

Comments

• Ze
      18th of Jun, 2010

You should have research and check forums and sites like this about any service you plan to get or subscribed. I never use VoIP.com but sometimes call quality problems are difficult to pinpoint thats why there's no guarantee whats working with your friend in another city will work for you too.

Also this is why a lock in period is not because you can not get out of the contract without paying a cancellation fee if the service keeps on screwing you up.

I suggest you look for a 1 month free trial period on your next voip provider or a prepaid voip service like Onesuite.com so you can quit anytime you want without paying a cancellation fee or losing the months you already paid for.