Voicevox / Unauthorized billings

1 1001 E. Broadway, PMB 207, Missoula, MT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-597-2928

Voicevox first showed up on my phone bill in December, 2008. I first tried to call them and got a recorded message referring me to another number for which there was going to be a charge. I hung up and called again and continually got a busy signal, which is all I have gotten since no matter what time of day or night I try calling. Then I called AT&T. AT&T removed the charges.

In January, 2009, I got the same thing. Same scenario; only this time I made complaints to the BBB, FCC and PUC. The BBB is worthless and let the matter drop because Voicevox lied and said that I ordered their service. How dumb am I? I'm retired from AT&T and get free voicemail! The FCC never responded. The PUC requested a copy of my bill which I am sending to them tomorrow morning via Fax.

I haven't seen the detals of my bill yet fro February, but It's over $31.00 (Normally $5 or $6). As soon as I get my electronic bill, I will be calling AT&T and this time, I am referring it to my attorney.

Mi

Comments

19th of Feb, 2009

A better thing to do is to send your complaint to the Texas Attorney General. General Abbot is one of the best ever. He has a consumer department that works diligently on consumer fraud. I had the same problem. The only way to take care of these predators is to bring down power (AG) on them. Your suit is only a drop in the bucket of how much these people have taken .

• Ha
      9th of Feb, 2010
    Voicevox - Invalid Charges to phone bill
    Voicevox Voicemail Services
    Sparks
    Nevada

I just noticed my last month's AT&T bill for January 2010 and found two charges of $14.95 that occurred on 12/4 and 1/4. I never signed up for any voicemail other than the included AT&T that I've had for years that is included.

When I called the 800 number I explained the situation and was told I would also be charged for February. I said I didn't want whatever this service is and was told I would receive credit for all 3 charges in the next 1-3 billing cycles...we'll see!!

I can't believe the phone company lets these hoodlums charge for crap that was never authorized and then do nothing to stop it!!