Voices-A short anthology / Book ripoff

1 600 Reisterstown Road Ste. 200GBaltimore, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 410-602-0384/410-764-7471

"Voices - A collection of short works." I too have paid for this book and have not received a book nor a refund. I see this is not an abnormal situation. guess I'll accept I've been ripped off and eat the 20.00

Comments

• Ka
      18th of Jul, 2008

i recieved an email saying that my poetry would be published did you recieve the same notification via email or so forth ?

• Mu
      9th of Aug, 2008

yea they said they are going to publish my poem "The Numb Fool" in "Voices - A collection of short works". Now i am not going to buy the book, because i could really careless about owning it, but i would be glad to see my poetry published. Now i have tried to found out info on the book through the internet and i cant come up with much. Is this a scam, or is it still being worked on or what? can some give me some clarity on this situation?

• Ks
      18th of Aug, 2008

I received the same offer and also paid for a copy of the book

aps@jangomail.com

Was this the email address that "white oak press" used?

Please I need to be sure if I was scammed.

• Ks
      18th of Aug, 2008

How long ago was it for others that were promised to be published in this collection because for me it was within the past year and was it called "Voices - A collection of short works". If it has been longer than a year and still no book then we can confirm it to be a scam and use that as proof to sue them as well as any emails from them that have been saved.

That poem was personal and I gave them permission to publish it and I won't let them get away with screwing me over or anyone else. They are some really dumb scammers they leave a really obvious e-trail but seeing as its only $20.00 a person being scammed they figure no one can or will sue them for it. But if we don't stop it its just gonna keep going on and no one else no cops will stop it if they don't know its going on. it doesn't matter how much they scam its still wrong.

• To
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I just got the letter in the mail saying that my work would be published, but from your complaints im not going to buy one of these books because i really dont want to get ripped off. thank you guys for ur help :D

• Ev
      26th of Nov, 2008

i very much agree, i cant find any copy of this book anywhere, even though they also sent me an email saying they want to publish "The Other end of the class"
    I am super positive that they are just scamming us