Vodafone India / non resolution of issues and disgusting customer service!

1 India Review updated:

I have been using hutch/vodafone for quite a few years, and it is at its worst state yet. I had reported network complaints and pathetic quality of services numerous times. Have registered at least 10 to 15 complaints and was promised a response to all of them. Not once have i received a response. On inquiring, many times the rude customer care officials and quite a few floor leads actually said, " you may not get a call if its a network complaint and there is nothing we can do about it." or "sorry! is there anything else?!!

Then why commit to a response.

It would be amusing to know i logged the complaint in June/July and have been following up for a response till date. It has become more of a hobby and research. I have recorded almost all conversations with HutchCare, have all their message communication and others stored, figuring out the best way to use it.

They take customers for granted and in fact treat them like dirt. I know a lot of ppl who face similar problems with hutch, and what irritates most is the total lack of response and ill treatment from customer service. Just false commitments. A bunch of ppl us sitting to listen to irate customers and forget about it once the call is cut.

I even had customer care execs screaming at me, and other s refusing to take down a complaint about the same!!??

Pathetic!!! Absolutely.

People should be more aware of customer rights and deal with this legally. Organization of such a large nature are taking advantage of consumers and above all that, providing substandard service and ill treating them too!!

Comments

• Aj
      22nd of Nov, 2007

I agree. After Hutch was taken over by Vodafone, we expected an improvement in the operations. But on the contrary, it has become pathetic. I was so happy with hutch for the service and the goodies it offered. Now Vodafone is messing it up. If they continue this way, their customer base is fast going to erode. Believe such a big player like Vodafone wont let that to happen.

31st of Dec, 2007

I was a prepaid customer of Vodafone but swithed to be a postpaid one just 5-6 days back. Today, Deepak called me and said to me for verification purpose and suggested me to provide false information to vodafone care if they call me and ask for arrival of Deepak even after he would not visit my place at all. He also said that if I don't do that my connection might be closed. Are these service ethics? I live in Ashok Vihar area and looking forward for your king intervention in the issue.

Regards,
    Ankur

• Yo
      13th of Feb, 2008

I have the corporate post paid connection with Vodafone,I have not asked for the
    hard copy itemised bill.After knowing this facility i asked them to deavtivate.In next month
    they have lavied the monthly charges.After repeated request they have given a credit and In the bill
    they are showing i have sended a SMS to special number 52425,
    where as i sended a ten emials to vodafone.No reply for this issue..They are replying for the useless things.The Vodafone
    executives are useless.

• Su
      20th of Mar, 2008

My bill no. 0000885453032008

bill date : 15.03.2008

Relationship no. 1.13444301

Vodafone no. : 9825019146

I have not send any message on 52425, but my bill shows lot of messages on this number.

I have been charged for it.

We have no any idea regarding this no. 52425.

You are requested to do the needful.

• At
      17th of Jun, 2008

Hi,
    I too had a similar experience with Vodafone. I had specifically requested Vodafone to fix my credit limit to a very low level. Vodafone increased it to nearly Rs.10000, without informing me and one of my employee misused it. When I called the CC and asked why they increased, they said it is done by system. I asked the CC lady to reduce the limit, she asked me to go to the customer care centre. When I went there, the lady sitting there said she cannot do it and asked me to call CC.

Now Vodafone is chasing me for the bill payment, but they dont want to tell me why they increased the credit limit inspite of my earlier request to fix it at a low level. So far I made so many calls to talk to their customer support guys. They say they will surely call me back, but they have not called me back even once.

The customer support officer said that since I have been a loyal customer for several years, the system automatically increased my credit limit! So I am being penalised by Vodafone for being a long-term loyal customer!

Looks like our BSNL provides far better customer support!

13th of Aug, 2008

better all things when u make that better

• Pr
      29th of Nov, 2008

SAME Problem happens to me too

I have been charged for it.

We have no any idea regarding this no. 52425.

What could we do regarding these problem?

• Ap
      13th of Jan, 2009

I am a vodafone user since some time and i have always on various occasion faced some very unprofessional, pathetic, disgusting service standards from the company of this reputation world wide and i can UNDERSTAND IT MAY BE DUE TOP THE FACT THAT THIS IS IN "INDIA". just to mention i have my due date for submitting my bill at the 18th of each month and in the month of jan 09 somewhere around start of the month my outgoing was barred.In regards to the above inconvenience i have few questions which i am seeking answer to which are as follows:-

1 Why my phone was barred before the due date was not passed.
    2.i was told that you have crossed your credit limit.My question to this is on various occasion my credit limit ha been changing and i was not informed by the pathetic customer service department of this bloody company that if my credit limit has been decreased or increased and without informing me they disconnected the ph expecting me to be a physic to understand that the limit has been decreased from the last limits.

3.Even when i was not on roaming in month of jan i was charged with roaming charges for 500 INR.

4.On the 13 of jan my out going has been disconnected which is 5 days before th due date causing all sort of problems .

5. When i tried to explain to the customer service people they seems to have alack of understanding and shortage of commonsense and IQ with no skills of customer service what so ever.

6. How in this modern ear we expect to use the service of such a company which gives nothing but the inconvenience to its customers.

• Xx
      27th of Jan, 2009

I am a 3 yr old vodafone user
    They are non ethical on most of the means - they charge me for a special no " 52425" almost on all bills
    i have 4 CUG connection and i pay extra for all these connection, I hope atleat after seeing all these complaints they take action orelse they will end up losing lots of vodafone customer

27th of Feb, 2009

What is this umber 52425. i am myself being charged for the same number on my bill, whereas i have never even entyered such number on my mobile phone ever.
    I am on cug plan myself for convergys. I believe this number is the one where it automatically sends message after i unlock my keypad and accidntally press the middle button (OK) on cell.
    Speaking to vodafone CS is of no use it seems. Rather than getting some stupid replies its of no use. Best way to tackle this matter is to email them (make sure you mention in the email that you have spoken to the Customer Service and its of no use and also that you want to keep the communication going through the email. and wait for the reply and when they reply, tell them the issue and if you are justified the issue has to be rsolved and still if the matter carries on, take it to the nearest consumer forum. there is a consumer forum very near to you and all of you.

• Sh
      17th of Mar, 2009

yes des peapole are usless, even ive been charged for the same 52425 no! tat too i dnt msg any of stupid special nos. when i ask vodafone dey say they dnt know !! stupid iidiots!!!

• Su
      7th of May, 2009

Vodafone Essar are real ###. Even today they are generating fake SMS from my mobile to 52425. The Customer Service says they do not have records upto 24 hours and will need to check if I sent those messages. I told them that I have done a google search, and there are 1000's of other irate customers. So they should stop ###ting and credit my account immediately. CS agreed not to generate more SMS bills to 52425 ...which means they were waiting for only a few customers (such as us)...but the rest of them who do not bother to look at their calls...god help them. We know that Essar is a useless group, but Vodafone has left ethics behind in the United Kingdom to join Essar.

• Dr
      28th of May, 2009

My number is 9899700276 and I have recieved a bill of 24 messages to 52425 which I never did. Can some one help.

• Mu
      5th of Oct, 2009

Bill number: 0020904778
    Bill date : 01.10.09
    Bill period: 01.09.09 to 30.09.09

I have not sent any sms to 52425 but i m charged 15rs and bill states tat I have sent 5 sms to that number. Wats wrong with the system?

• Vi
      14th of Jan, 2010

SAME Problem happens to me too
    I have not send any message on 52425, but my bill shows 19 messages on this number.
    I have been charged for it and when asked they are not ready to reveal any details saying it is confidential.

Vinay

• Hi
      14th of Apr, 2010

same problem with me also

• Pe
      5th of May, 2010

Hi,

I just came to know the route cause of this 52425 issue.

If you notice you might be recieving 'Flash' messages on your phone screen, whish comes and goes away in every 2-3 mins, if not attended. These messages could ask quiz, show news or information etc. Now, you can verify that the charges for these messages (if you want to answer or get the story) are supposed to be Free of cost, but the catch here is these are actually NOT!!!

Whenever you click 'OK' on these messages you will be charged Rs 3 for it immediately. This is applicable each time you click 'OK'.

Good news is there is a way to deactivate these messages. Go To Vodafone Services -> Flash! -> Activation -> Deaactivate -> OK.

Bad news is they wont return the money :(

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

• Na
      19th of May, 2010

SAME Problem happens to me too
    I have not send any message on 52425, but my bill shows more then 300 messages on this number.
    I have been charged for it and when asked they are not able to give any details.

• Sr
      6th of Jan, 2011

Hi,

I had the same problem. When I enquired the CC said that there are some messages from Vodafone (with/without our knowledge) and as soon as we read, a reply is sent back to Vodafone to the number 52425 which costs. I am not sure what the message is and the content. It is like it will ask for a question and when we response, we are sucked by those suckers.

Srinivasank77@gmail.com

• Af
      31st of Mar, 2011

Hi guys,
    Even i was facing the same problem of getting charged for the special messages to 52425 which was not actually sent by me, but now it is resolved, in your handset you need to go to the Menu-- Services/Vodafone services-- Click on Flash/ Vdf Flash option -- Select activate / activation-- then select the deactivate ion option & the messages that flash on your screen will be deactivated...
    Thanks & Regards