Vodafone Indiafraud by vodafone

I had a Vodafone Corporate account ([protected]) till the time I was aemployed with my previous organization. I had resigned on Feb 3, 2009. In Feb 2009 I therefore called customer service(on Feb 11, 2009) and requested for a permanent deactivation of the account as I had resigned and was switching to an Airtel connected provided by my organization. Customer service confirmed that the number will be permanently deactivated and that I should just destroy the sim card. Post that I had paid the relevant outstanding on the account by the due date, destroyed the sim card and ended the relationship with Vodafone.

On 28th June after returning from a week long vacation out of Gurgaon, I was surprised to get a Vodafone invoice (# [protected] Dated 15.06.09) for Rs. 7108.59 with a due date of July 3rd.
The invoice showed that there were extensive calls including STD and ISD that had been made from the account in the months of May and June'09!

On the same day, I immediately called customer service to highlight the discrepancy and lodge a fraud/dispute case. I was connected to Kulwinder from the Retention team. I was shocked to hear what he said about the account. The key points that he mentioned are mentioned below.

He said the account was temporarily disconnected on Feb 11, 2009 (and not permanently deactivated as I had asked. He could not give a reason for this discrepancy).
He the conveyed that someone claiming to be ME, called up on 11th April and asked for reactivation of the account. His request was turned down at that time.
The person again called and spoke to the retention team on 17th April and asked for the reactivation.
On 15th May, the person went to the main Vodafone outlet at Rajiv Chowk and submitted all paperwork including address proof, ID proof etc claiming to be Sayantan Mukherji i.e. ME and his documents were accepted at the store!
Subsequently a new sim card was issued to him and the account has been again in use till then!

Kulwinder's attitude firstly was extremely curt, hovering around rude. He was constantly referring to me as if I was at fault. He did not even lodge a dispute case and was not even agreeing to a request to deactivate the account. It was only when I gave him a piece of my mind that he disconnected the number and again, only temporarily ( Deactivation ticket # [protected]).

I have written to Vodafone as well. They have finally provided in writing that they have disconnected the number but have still not resolved the dispute in my favour and have rather asked to pay up the full outstanding.

Request you to please look into my case. Vodafone should be pulled up for negligence of services and causing harassment & pain to me!

Comments

• Dr
      Aug 11, 2009

Why Vodafone need to cheat poor people?

This is my second complaint _;

Mobile No; [protected] & [protected]
    I advised my attendants to buy Vodafone number since it is merged with Hutch Company which has reputation, poor fellows spurchased them but now they are facing problem because they are cheated by the company, company inserted music without any consent of the mobile owner and deducted 14 Rs. from left amount, then 31 Rs. when he recharged with Rs. 60/-(Mobile -[protected])

second attendant recharged Rs. 50 and deducted Rs. 35/_(mobile-[protected])

Once again I request and suggest pls. earn name and let people happily .
    Hope concern people to be helped.

Thanks
    Sincerely
    Dr. Anita Ghosh

• Ga
      Oct 10, 2013

Dear Rajashree,

Thanks for your mail. I regret to inform you though, the 30% discount offered is rather insulting to me. I am not asking for discount. I am asking to revoke the false charges altogether!!!
    I have been using the service for close to 15 years now and have contributed to huge revenue on Vodafones part.

I have been cheated and taken advantage of for being an old customer.
    Over the past 2-3 years, I have been using yearly internet plan and pay for it annually also. Suddenly one fine day Vodafone decides to disconnect my yearly subscription and switch me over to open usage rates when I have not even asked for it. I have not been informed or taken authorization for disconnection of yearly plan or activation of full rate usage.
    You can see in the account details that I have been using data services for the last few years, yet your representatives insist that there was and is no data plan active on my number. I find this highly questionable and dishonest.

I am really shocked and appalled by the business ethics employed by a supposedly consumer driven company.

Once again, I will not be held responsible for your internal miscommunication and dishonest methods.

I am attaching the mail I sent to you and a few other consumer protection organizations.

I really do not wish to waste any more time on this issue since it has already been pending for almost 2 months now. I hope you do not force me to consult my legal department or escalate the issue on social media sites and gather more vodafone consumers who have been duped and cheated in a similar way.

I hope you can reverse the fraudulent charges immediately and restore my phone services to its usual setting.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Mardia.

Dear Sir,

I regret to let you know that I am suffering from the worst kind of customer service from Vodafone than I've ever experienced in my life.

The charges mentioned on my account are fraudulent and false and I will not be liable to pay for Vodafones errors/mistakes/frauds.
    Relationship No- 1.5011367
    Mobile No- [protected]

I have called my relationship manager more than 15 times and with no resolution of the problem. Every time I am assured that I will receive a call 'within 24 hours" and till date I am still to receive any calls from Vodafone.

I have been falsely charged the amount of Rs. 7538.97, which has now increased even more with your fraudulent charges; under the pretext that I had called up vodafone 6 months in advance and asked for deactivation of my internet plan 6 months into the future and apparently Vodafone took my request for 6 months in the future. This is the kind of unbelievable lies I was told by the representative. Shocking as it sounds, it is complete lies.

On calling again, I was told a different story that there was some technical error on vodafone side and they messed up the data account and did not switch me over to the plan renewal and instead decided without my knowledge or permission to deactivate my currently used data plan and charge me full data rates without any plan.

It has now been over a month and several calls from my side with no resolution. As frustrating and appalling as Vodafone has made the situation, I would like a final resolution of the problem or a switchover to another service provider.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Mardia.

• Tt
      Apr 07, 2015

A week back a guy named Usman Khan having mobile No.[protected] visited my branch office at Sanpada and handed a new sim card to one of my staff for Rs.500/-, stating a new scheme has been launched by Vodafone, which they thought that the scheme was very handsome. They then further placed a new order for 5 more cards, each
    @ 500/- and further he was asked to deliver the same at the head office of our company at Vashi.

When I enquired with Usman as to what was his company name, he said it was GLOBAL DIRECT from Chembur. So I enquired him about more plans which he was a reluctant to disclose. when we told him that every body would not be in a position to take up that plan, he hesitatingly gave told us about 2 more plans which were similar to the previous plan only that the monthly rentals were smaller. When I tried to enquire in detail and requested him to explain us what the difference was between all the plans, he got wild and started to act as if he was obliging us. He instead said, we should speak to his boss on mobile [protected] and left my office even without informing and intimating us.

when I called up his boss on the said no.[protected], his boss told us that Usman is very short tempered and that he was very sorry for his temperement and behaviour. He further assured me saying that he would send him without fail the next day with the balance 4 /5 cards and a new set of available mobile nos..

He, Usman Khan brought the cards and deligently handed over the cards to our Head office at Vashi. He also begged and cried saying he was very sorry for his yesterdays behaviour. He also told us that this was this was his first job after graduation and had joined just 2 months back. He also starting crying saying that he had lot of family problems, viz.his father was just a steel polisher working at CST and had a younger brother was studying in 8th std. and his mother was just a house wife. He also told us they were going thru some financial problems at home. We felt sorry for his / their plight and on good faith obliged him by giving him that order for 5 more new sim cards and accordingly paid him also.

He informed us that, next day there would be a confirmation call at 11:30 am sharp from Vodafone and by evening and the sim cards will get activated.

But fortunately, just out of curiosity when we called all the 5 newly supplied mobile nos. we found that all the cards which were issued to us were already being used by some other people. Further, we were shocked to hear a voice at the other end. We tried talking and enquiring with those people on the other end as to whether they were surrendering their mobile nos.. they gave a stern reply as NO.

That was the time, we knew that this Usman Khan and his boss were just frauds. We have been trying to get in touch with them since yesterday. But, again we found that those both the nos. were switched off.

We even tried calling up Vodafone, but the moment we took GLOBAL DIRECT, Chembur name they disconnected our call / phone.

Can anybody advise on further recourse to be taken against such frauds.