Vodafone / convert postpaid to prepaid

India Review updated:

Hello! I am Anurag Goel and just mailing you for your information that i have been using Vodafone Post paid connection (+91-[protected]) since last 2 years. Now i am not in a position to use and hence i want it to be converted into Prepaid. i have visited Vodafone Store 5-6 times. Everytime they keep their procedure. Now Ms. Vandana from Vodafone Store-Navyug Market Ghaziabad told me that " You are using ello 299 pay per second plan and your number will be converted to prepaid after your billing cycle as we dont have data of per second call and request you to come on 12th January 2017". My Billing Cycle is 10th of every month . I want to know that when i will go on 12th athen again she can put the same question that 2 days have been passed and we dont have any data of per second call. what should i do in this case.

I will be highly glad to know your response well in time

Regards

Comments

• Na
      25th of Oct, 2007
    Vodafone - unsolicited messages from 573330100 rediffbol
    India

I have been receiving unsolicited messages from 573330100 (from RediffBol messenger) from somebody called Shikha, who claims to know me and keep asking me "How are you tonite? Message me back." and stuff. I think this is a well organized fraud to fleece customers by having them send SMSes which might be chargeable at a higher rate than normal. I replied only once and still the subsequent message contents were vague. Vodafone should investigate this and catch the culprit.

12th of Nov, 2007
    Vodafone - customer being made to pay for service provider's inefficiency plus threat to national security
    India

We reside in Mumbai and are on a the Vodafone (erstwhile Hutch) family plan (Nos 9833105550, 9833105557, 09833105558 and 9833105559). My wife and mu son had ton travel to Sreedhareeyam, (35Kms from Cochin airport).

On 5th November, while traveling from Cochin Airport to Sreedhareeyam, my wife stopped by an authorized Vodafone shop at Kalady Road and purchased a pre paid SIM (09745011337). She did this after providing the following
    1. Copy of her PAN
    2. Copy of Bank Statement by way of residence proof
    3. A photograph

Inspite of this, on 12th November, the SIM was disconnected by Vodafone with amazing alacrity and indifference, cited reason being that they had not received the documents from their authorized dealer. We have been calling their call centres at 09846098460 and also 111 (but of no real use)

Sir, I wish to complain as under;

1. The customer can go no further than provide the dealer with the proof demanded. My wife had done that. If the dealer defaulted in sending over the papers, what is the customers fault? Why was her connection deactivated? What compensation will the customer get?
    2. Will the dealer be penalized?
    3. The service providers don’t seem to have any control as to identify which SIM cards they have issued to what dealers! (I tried to ask them to get details on the dealers from the SIM number that he had issued to my wife…but the service provider was unable to trace it to a dealer) Isn’t this a significant security threat?

Lastly, this rule seems designed to harass genuine customers. For eg; if I am a person with evil intentions, I can buy any prepaid SIM using false proof from such dealers and have a free run for a week; and then change the SIM. Isn’t this a larger security threat.

Sir, it should be the responsibility of the dealer (point of purchase) to ensure validity of documents and not of the service provider.

I request you to use your high office to take action on the issue and see to it that
    1. we are compensated
    2. The guilty are penalized and
    3. A policy change favoring Consumers be effected, as necessary.

12th of Nov, 2007
    Vodafone - unsatisfactory service
    www.vodafone.co.uk

Hidden charges - suddenly I've got insurance on my bill & that's extra £7. My friend has 2 services to pay when it is clear the other service has been terminated. Others reported similar hidden charges.

Bad customer service - calling them up regarding bills will take u more than 30mins and lots of phone holds! They dont understand ur enquiries, you've got to repeat many times cuz they dun understand their own billing policies or perhaps pretend to not understand. They use ppl with heavy accent to do customer service?!!!!! WTH

Terminating service is hellish - a lot of arguments is involved and finally when you r on the edge of swearing, only then they'll tell the way to stop service is by writing a letter. And oh yeah, the letter has been lost - and then you have to call them up again when u still receive ur bill.

More lies - somehow my supposedly 7gb/s connection is slower than the previous 52kb/s. I have to restart my connection more often now.

• Mo
      13th of Nov, 2007
    Vodafone - home calling cards!
    www.vodafone.co.in

I have traveled to Dhaka, Bangladesh on the 11th of november. On the 10th i have purchased a home calling card for Rs 1200/- from an authorized vodafone shop. However the same is not working. I have been provided with an access code for Bangladesh however the same number is out of use when dialed from Dhaka... the after sales services is pathetic to say the least. I am unable to call home / work which is very important for me.

• Bi
      15th of Nov, 2007
    Vodafone - pathetic... noone should use it
    Alabama
    India

i had applied for a vodafone connection in gurgaon,India on 8th of Nov 2017, the documents were collected by their executive from my office and verification checks were done over the phone. But the verifier misinformed about the status of my residence due to which my connection did not get activated. I visited the Vodafone outlet where i registered my complaint and verification was again done then and there, but yet my connection never got activated. Also, when i try contacting the vodafone customer care to cancel my application i can never get to their postpaid connection department as their phone lines are always directed to the prepaid section and they have no system of redirecting calls.Its a pathetic company with a lousy system.It was much better when it was Hutch.

• Pa
      17th of Nov, 2007
    Vodafone - 1) useless world calling car service ,2) still poorer service at customer care
    India

1) poor, sorry no rather useless world calling car service please dont fool people into wasting money over this crap,2) still poorer service at customer care rather would say u guys are sitting ther uselessly and are of no worth. i bought this calling card worth 2500/_ and sorry to say it just does not process calls and at the same time if that no is called with the regular but costlier service it is processed. what a nice way to fool people.over and above complain lodged at customer care is just not looked into

• Ve
      22nd of Nov, 2007
    Vodafone - worst signal quality!
    India

If given a chance to rate the any telecom service i would rate Vodafone 0/100 , it has the worst service, we can neither call anyone holding a vodafone number... nor if ever we try to call from any vodafone we are helpless.

• Br
      26th of Nov, 2007
    Vodafone - why should I pay for vodafones mistakes!
    South Africa

Vodafone uk must have the worst termination policy of all the service providers. I went to the my local store in Oxford in June 2017 to find out when my account would end. They told me my account had already finished and without my permission had put me on another direct debit account automatically. I then reluctantly accepted this, but said i would like to cancel my account with them NOW because i had to leave back to South Africa in a months time. The store assistant said they cannot do that because i have to cancel it in writing. So printed me a generic termination form and handed it to me. I then filled it in and wanted to give it back to her, she then said I had to post it myself. Angrily, i accepted so i did.

VODAFONE THEN DID NOT CANCEL MY ACCOUNT! and continued to draw money from my H.S.B.C. account while i was back in South Africa. I now have debt collectors in South Africa on behalf of H.S.B.C. looking for their money because vodafone failed to have a termination policy which works. Vodafone has made the mistake and now i must pay! Even though i am on the other side of the planet. Vodafone is still bothering me with their bad service years later!

• Vi
      1st of Dec, 2007

my cell no 9885590854 was using on prepaid from long time, when i changed post paid schem, on 29.11.07 my prepaid sim or cell closed and i put other sim for post paid sim enter in cell and go to fuction, seen on screen- your ragistration fail, and cell not start up to 02.12.07 1.00 pm, total cell closed, why not inform what problam with me, on pre paid line, without any information my cell completily block.

• Ni
      5th of Dec, 2007
    Vodafone - caller tune
    India

An unwanted caller tune was activated on my mobile phone yesterday , without my consent.This caller tune is causing me great embarassment.
    To add insult to injury, I got an SMS saying that a rental of Rs. 30 will be deducted towards this caller tune every month.I am unable to reach the customer care ,they only give you access to their payment plans!
    I am planning to approach a consumer forum, if they dont remove this caller tune immediately.My father went through the same harrowing experience last month.Any ideas on how to reach the company's top guys?Their website seems to have been hacked.

• Pa
      7th of Dec, 2007
    Vodafone - unwanted services
    India

I m Pankaj Kumar, mobile no. 9899734753 having no need of GPRS, but your company activated it two or three times without any request frm my side and deducted/ charged Rs. 50 every time unethically & unlawfully. the same was not even used by me.

also, there is One more problem in my another mobile No. 9873225589 ( being used by my brother Nerraj Kumar),

you have activated "Bhakti Sagar" music service on this number again, without any request from me or my brother, the details as follows:

17 Apr to 18 May
    19 May to 19 June
    19 June to 19 July
    20 Oct to 20 Nov
    20 Nov till now

it is interesting to note that the service is deactivated and activated again in quick succession on the very next day and again charges are levied, whereas the said services are not of any use to me or my brother and both of us do not want to avail of the said servce and request you to cancel/ deactivate the said services from both the mobile numbers with immediate effect and further refund/ recharge the mobile numbers with the amount that has been unnecessarily deducted from our account as this is highly unfair and unfrinedly practice on the part of the company. The consumers are made to suffer and bear charges for no fault of theirs. the consumers are being taken for ride by the company as we are having a prepaid connection and you deduct the charges staright away, without any confirmation/ request from the consumers, which may be due to your faulty systems.

The said practices have not only cause me financial loss, but have unnecessarily caused my anguish and harrassment, and i am compelled to rethink over my association with your company for your such practices.

plz do the needful asap, else we shall be constrained to take up the matter with higher authorities, including any legal action for the blatant unfair practices on your part.

• Bi
      24th of Dec, 2007

Signal quality is very very poor. maximum time line cut out during talking, within 10 to 20 seconds. maximum time recording voice said the vodafone you have called is not reachable, till there is full tower. no GPRS access worling.

The tower name at my cell phone disply is Mayapur/ Muthadanga2/Sodpur, near Arambagh, Hooghly, West Bengal.

• Na
      7th of Jan, 2008

lounch a national free sms pach
    lounch 1 year hello tone pack like airtel where we pay hello tone subscition advace 1 year like air tell

• Ab
      5th of Feb, 2008

MY HUNDRED RUPEES CARD NO DAMAGE,MY MOBILE NO:9846130643

• Ha
      19th of Mar, 2008
    Vodafone - consumer service and lack of privacy!
    Vodafone

I have complain about your service in Turkey. I just talk to a supervisor (or I told so) and they claim that, they have no responsibility about my number or service privacy. Thay gave my number to some association and they make me their member without my permission. That association (CE TECH.) is also related with vodafone they reach my number through vodafone. Morover, when I talk to your consumer service in Turkey they claim that, they can not do anything about informing me for the danger of those association and protect my privacy for their ill-will. I lost money(meter-kontör) because of that association and when check internet I find my other complain with same subject. The consumer service told me those thing can happen and not very odd, and there can be no legal consequences to vodafone because they are not responsible for my privacy. The conversation with the consumer service are recorded and I ask for the record to present it as an evidence because I decided to take lagel terms against Vodafone and that other association. I am really disappointed by your service and your ignorance especially when I told all my number (I have 5line) to the consumer service they underestimated my profile as an consumer to vodafone because I think other association is a much more important consumer than me. But I will not give up this business because it is not that cheap to make fool of people. I will also suit you because nothing happen before I got my service form Telsim but after Vodafone buy Telsim there is an increase in complains and I am not happy from your service. I have been using this service for more than 10 years and after vodafone even the consumer service did not serve me. A man, who is a team leader, even do not bother listen to me, but I see you guarantee many service in your website. So where is your service to me? I want to see you or your Turkey section to be punished and I will not give up before I see that. I hope you change your attitude to consumer and take necessary measures both in your headquarter and in Turkey.

20th of Mar, 2008

Dear sir, please activate GPRS SETTINGS in to my mobile. my mobile no is 9885155912. my mobile model is LG KG 300. thanking you.

• Sc
      24th of Mar, 2008
    Vodafone - incorrect billing!
    301_A, Una Appartments, I.P. Extension, Delhi-92
    delhi
    New York
    Phone: 9899169055

Vodafone Co. is a cheat, a real rogue. I had deposited a cheque against my mobile bill. They informed that the cheque had bounced and levied a charge of Rs.100/- as penalty. I issued a fresh cheque and demanded the bounced cheque back but did not return it. Subsequently they got that cheque also encashed and did not reverse the penalty and did not respond to my mails also.

Now I had an annual Plan with annual rental of Rs.499/- which expired in January, 2017. They inquired whether I shall continue with the same plan to which I replied in affirmative. But the bill for the month of February, 2017 indicate a monthly rent of Rs.149/-. They maintain that this was an inadvertent error but sent the bill for March also indicating rental as Rs.149/- p.m.

How one can describe them? Cheats, Rogues.

• Bh
      27th of Mar, 2008

Dear Sir

I am very sorry to say that it is matter of cheating and it is only the Mr. nishi unavoidable responses to the customers at chintal house, lucknow. I have contacted so many times for the details but due to the avoidable attitude, i am sufferring and have paid a lot of money unnecessarily.
    i approached in the chintal house so many times but there is no record in the chintal house but i have proof for the same. Because i have cheated knowingly by that fellow and i will go through legally proof against the company and i have also discuss this matter in the shahnajaf office also. But still he is irresponsible for solving the problem. I shall be highly thankful and obliged to you for your proper response within 2 days.

Thanking you

With regards
    Bharat Bhushan Agrawal

2nd of Apr, 2008
    Vodafone - wrong information for their sales
    vodafone.in

Hello,
    I had a vodafone prepaid connection, people from vodafone customer care called up and told me that they have good offers in postpaid, they gave me a wrong bunch of offers and they even said we can migrate from postpaid to prepaid anytime i wanted. But when i called their customer care after getting the postpaid connection, they said there is no such offer, and that we cannoy migrate from postpaid to prepaid. Now that they have got themselves another postpaid customer to cheat they just are not interested to look into the matter. They easily say "Sir, Buy another connection " but it's not so easy for me. Please .. I need Help...

• At
      3rd of Apr, 2008
    Vodafone - activation of &cricket monthly& without request
    personal
    www.vodafone.in

I, caller from lucknow on mobile phone no. 09838768302 lodging a complaint against forcibly activating "cricket monthly pack" on 03/04/08 at 10:06 hrs & deducting rs 50.00 from my balance amount without any request. The amount before activation was rs 143.77 & after activation it reduce to rs 93.77.
    Please look into the matter & release my deducted amount as early as possible or the caller will be bound to take any legal action against the company.

5th of May, 2008

Hi,
    I bought the postpaid sim card from gana complex at noida, and also I submitted all those documents last Munday (21/04/2017) in M/s Maadhyam associates, ganga complex, noida. One more person also came and verify the documents Im my home. But till now my connections is not activated. After that I made a call to customer care center they said that today will active your number till now from the dealer.. I don't why they are taking this much time to activate... Today i called somany times to dealer but he is not attent my call. The dealer number his 9999768880 & 9999663030
    please kindly requested to you to take the action for the complaint immediately.
    This is my vodafone sim number-9811805172 & it is not activate till now.

thanking you,

10th of May, 2008
    Vodafone - 20 rs tariff
    www.vodafone.com

Sir me Rajesh kumar and my phone no. is 9811875271 I got 50 bonus minute in recharge of 100Rs/month I had 105 bonus minutes but when i recharge 20 apane minutes tariff.After that my day time bonus minute convert into late night (10pm to 8 am )apane minute.So now I have 205 bonus minute which is not useful to me and I am unable to further 100 rupee recharge because its bonus minutes again converta into late night bonus minutes.
    So cancil my 20 rupees traiff you keep yours apane minutes and return my 105 day time bonus minutes.Make hurry .i am feeling that I am cheated by your this scheme please inform me as early as possible otherwise I take my further action."IT MAY BE CONSUMER COURT "

• Av
      12th of Jun, 2008

mian avtar singh vodafone service se khush nahi hoon, but yeah ek majboori hai ki is number ko main band nahi kar sakta, becausa i m a bussinessman, so main yeah batatna chahoonga ki aap ki voice quality is very bad, double voice+my voice back+many calls disconnect to talk on, so plz jitna bada company ka naam hai utna bada kam bhi kar dikhayen, i hope u take over this problem jaldi se jaldi.

• Al
      12th of Jun, 2008
    Vodafone - late text causes parking fine
    1, Drill Hall rd, Chertsey. KT16 8EL
    Chertsey
    England, Surrey
    Phone: 07825426936
    www.vodafone.com

On 28/4/08 I parked my car in Westminster and sent a text on my company phone to pay for parking. This was at 8.15am. By 8.30 I had not received a reply so resent the text. By this time I was late for a meeting so had to leave the car. On my return I found I had received a parking fine (PCN) at 8.40am. I rang Westminster council, and they said they did not receive the text until 9.35am. The woman I spoke to said that a lot of Vodafone customers had received PCNs that morning. Obviously Vodafone were having problems.

I challenged the PCN, but they said the PCN had to be paid. So I have e-mailed Vodafone twice to find out if I can recoup the cost of the fine from them. So far they have not replied. I don't see why I should be saddled with an £80 fine, when the fault lay with someone else.

• Yo
      19th of Jun, 2008
    Vodafone - weak signal in indoors
    www.vodafone.com

Very BAD network coverage area in City like Bangalore also. Phone gets disconnected in Indoors. Number of signal towers are few. Vodafone have no concern over the complaints made. Very nonprofessionals. Complaint was taken to rectify the signal strength and a buffer time of 10 days. They have written the report that the Customer is informed regarding the complaint and the problem will be rectified at the end of 2017. But none of the Vodafone people have informed me. Personally I had to call to follow up with the status.

The Customer Care cannot be reached easily. After approx 2 years of usage, I prefer to disconnect the connection.

• Ba
      19th of Jun, 2008

This is perfectly TRUE... So i have already switched to another network.

19th of Jun, 2008

Its true! Whatever Yogesh and Bauto are saying is true only.
    The service is going worst nowdays. they need to see these issues seriously.

• Dh
      19th of Jun, 2008
    Vodafone - customer executive zahir threaten me
    www.vodafone.com

I am from India, Gujarat. I was not getting help from customer executive of vodafone staff. So I had collect mail ids from their public viewable content page and send mail to authority. Regarding that Mr. Zahir from Gujarat call me on my cell phone and threaten me.

Even I had try to contact their authorities but not a single person entertain it. So be aware of Vodafone.

21st of Jun, 2008

we are 36 vodaphone connection activated, we want copy caller tone from IDEA OR TATA OR AIRTEL .HOW TO COPY FROM THEAIR PHONE TO OUR VODAPHONE.
    2) WE HAVE ONE SPECIAL CALLER TONE HOW TO ADD IN VODAPHONE LIST?

• Su
      7th of Sep, 2008
    Vodafone - incorrect charges
    www.vodafone.in

Vodafone gallery promised a tariff where in internal calling would be free i started that with four of my friends, later on two members from that group including me decided of starting new group we were informed about the procedure we followed the same & were promised that the tariff would be active in 72 hrs thought that dint happen, but after 4-5 days when i called to confirm if everything is fine i got a positive answer, but only when my bill came i saw i was been charged for the calls that were suppose to be free in the group intra calling, when i called to complain about the same i was ill treated by the customer service advisor, i called them again i spoke to this new advisor who told me he is going to put a complain & i will have the necessary credits adjusted in the next bill & he also told me that if i call the new group numbers will be free (which i had confirmed before as well) & the necessary changes will be done, but at the same time i also wrote in to customer services & they informed that the new group members are not a part of intra calling though we signed the same form & submitted together the others had there internal calling free but i was excluded when i called the customer services again i got to know a new thing i.e the advisor who had promised me that he will put a complain had actually done nothing, i would nvr suggest anyone to go for VODAFONE.

3rd of Dec, 2008

Hi,
    This is with great disappointment i am writing this mail as i have already faced so many problems after taking company's plan of prepaid to postpaid conversion. At the time of persuading me for this plan one of Vodafone's executive told me that it wont take more than 2 days at any cost for my new connection to get activated so i opted for the plan yesterday itself and submitted all the required documents. But today i have been told that verification and other formalities will take another 2-3 days, moreover the way company executive talked to me was below my dignity.
    Well i know that this mail is going to get unnoticed as there must be so many other grievances of so many other people but still i thought it'll be good on my part to intimate you guys about this. Hope to get a better response this time.

Thanks,

Cairns
    Queensland
    Australia
    Phone: 0437394827

I'm recently on contract with vodafone wireless broadband, I signed two years contract now the connection is a nightmare, it is slower than a dial up, most of the time I can't use it, i made compalin about about it, so they check my area and they think its congested, so theres nothing they can do about it, so I ask if I could cancel my contract, they agree but I have to pay a cancellation fee, is that right? when their not providing me the correct facility, what am I supposed to do? Can you pls advise me what to do.

Maria

9th of Dec, 2008

I don't quite understand what to say on this section

9th of Dec, 2008

I'm just trying to be fair, paying someone for nothing is not fair on my side, money doesn't come easy for me, it doesn't grow on trees.I work hard and here's this big company ripping off ordinary workers like me.

9th of Dec, 2008

so what can you do about it?

• Vo
      12th of Jan, 2009
    Vodafone - problems my senier
    c.c.e
    alld
    Utah

To,

Respected Sir,

I want to tell you about our senior Mohit Mahrotra and R.M. They never give any support. They always make us absent and always give mental tension and always dominate us. They never think about the maintenance of vms because in our vms the computer, inverter, light and A.C. are not working. No stocks and Handset are available in our vms. Instead of these problem they never give any support. Plz. Tell me sir due to this problem how can we increase the sale and how can we give a better service to our subscribers. They never think about the problem of vms they only want sale but they never think about the facility of vms which they need to give us. Whenever we tell about the problem of vms to our seniour then they never give any response to us and they rebuke us. We are only C.C.E. but here we have to do every work. All senior know about our problem but they never do anything. All CCE afraid that’s why we are not mentioning our name. sir if you want to check our problem then you can do by sending here any person. If any C.C.E told about the problem of vms then senior fired them from their job e.g. Preeti from royal comm..alld. Vipin from Ashirwad comm.. alld. Roli from Ashirwad comm. Alld. Santosh from Ashirwad comm. and are also many C.C.E.s.

From :- C.C.E. group

Allahabad .

no response kanikadubey mam, and vivekgaggar sir, and any senier

2nd of Mar, 2009

PSE TELL MR ZAHIR MY ADDRESS AT NASHIK AND TRY WHAT HE TRIED WITH U. HE WILL LEARN A LESSON OR TWO -- LIFE TIME GURANTEED SERVICE AND FREE OF COST FROM MY SIDE. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO APTLY REFLECT THE RUBBISH SERVICE OF VODA-- ?????? FONE????? SHAME ==== LT COL ROY P K.

• Pr
      15th of Apr, 2009
    Vodafone - charged for calls & texts abroad that i never sent
    P Rafinan
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

i have recently received my mobile phone bill and noticed that i have been charged for numerous calls to and texts messages sent to a number in california! i never made the calls or sent the texts nor do i know anybody there (i wish i did so we can go there for holidays)!but the mobile phone company insisted that there is no doubt the calls were made from my handset and during different times. i don't really want to pay for those call charges i never made and so i asked if i could have the bill reviewed. she said no! i then suggested if it is at all possible that my sim has been cloned or copied at some point without me knowing, the lady insisted that cloning a sim card is impossible nowadays because they have sophisticated software to detect this. i suggested that they investigate the matter but still insisted for me to settle the bill. anyone out there in the same situation?

21st of Apr, 2009

Im with you 100%, I used to be with bigpond broadband - no problems at all. then I moved in with my boyfriend and he signed us up for Vodafone not knowing much ab out which one to choose. Very bad idea, ever sinse all we have had is trouble, we live smack bang in the middle of the coast and they told us the same thing either bad connection/congested - highly doubt it, if they get this complaint regularly they should be fixing this problem, I tell everyone not to sign up with them. our bills are so high and we raly use it, we get no free downloads nothing, just sucks the money right out of you, let alone doing business reports then having the connection just dissappear all today is VERY FUSTRATING. we dont have a money tree either aqnd the cancedllation was too high, cannot wait till it is ended. VODAFONE SHOULD BE DISCONTINUE3D BECAUSE ITS SUCH RUBBISH!!!

23rd of Apr, 2009
    Vodafone - important announcement
    vodafony.com

Announcement to all victims of Vodafone’s modern form of piracy

We are in the process of setting up an ‘intelligent’ website to bundle customer powers to take collective action against Vodafone. Later we will post the contact details. Please keep an eye on www.vodafony.com as we will launch it around the middle of May. We have an agreement with a lawyer who is willing to represent us in a no cure no claim basis if enough claims are put forward.