Vodafone / prepaid to postpaid

1 India Review updated:

I was having a vodaphone prepaid connection since 20th April 2007 onwards and was very much satisfied with the services.
I was approached by a representative of Global direct on 04.04.2008 for changing my prepaid vodaphone connection to postpaid connection.I paid Rs.300.00 in cash.She issued a cash receipt GDAR 9871 CAF NO: 13100775 SCHEME:P2P
Thereafter around half a dozen verification calls came to my mobile and land lineat my office.Then a person came on 17th april 2008 thursday morning and asked whether I got the sim card.
On the same day after 7 pm my sim got deactivated.No incoming and outgoing calls .Since I am not having any other connection at my residence I was put into much difficulties since I was not informed of the deactivation.

Next day I contacted Global direct and was informed that I will be provided with a new sim card by evening.Eventhough it was a holiday I waited upto 7 pm for getting the card.No card was delivered.

Next day(19.04.2008) again I contacted them I was assured that I will be given a new sim card by 5 pm.Being a saturday I was having a halfday duty in my office but to get the card I waited upto 7.30 pm to no results.

Next day was sunday and nobody in their office was answering my calls.

Today is monday 21st April 2008.Today morning also I contacted the office and Ms.Alpha informed that the card will be delivered today.I dont know whether I can trust them.

In this circumstances will you please inform me the reason for deactivating my sim for 5 days from 7 pm on 17th April to today the 20th April 2008

Who will compensate me form my mental agony for not contacting my family in kerala for all these days.

If this is the service they are offering in the starting then what will be the kind of service I am getting afterwards

I request you to kindly investigate and revert back

Their address is GLOBAL DIRECT
CD HOUSE GR FLOOR UNIT NO 1 & 2 126 MATHURDAS MILL COMPOUND N M JOSHI MARG LOWER PAREL MUMBAI 400013
TEL : 24964444/66541900

32 B S MARG
FORT MUMBAI
[protected]
[protected]

Comments

• Ni
      4th of May, 2008

I also have very bed experiance of Global Direct, fact are as follows:

I am subscriber to the Vodafone Essar Limited. This is with reference to personal visit of Mr. Naveen Khanna (Representative of Vodafone Essar Limited – M/s. Global Direct) on 18th April, 2008 to my residence.

Being 18th April, 2008 was working day only my parent and children was available. Mr. Naveen Khanna explained that he is representative of “Vodafone” and enquired about whether any one from family uses the Mobile. On realization of fact that we are using “Vodafone” he has explained various schemes and convinced my parents to change my plan from existing “Monthly 349 to Group talk” and informed that he can do the same at discounted cost Rs. 1800/- in addition to providing 3 complementory free SIM card, if we wanted.

My parents were tempted to agree to Mr. Naveen Khanna and paid him by cheque Rs. 1, 800/- as cost for change of plan, looking future reduction in bill amount and signed few forms provided by Mr. Khanna, which as per Mr. Khanna was standard formalities.

After some days (week time) to our surprise we have received 3 SIM card, which we do not really required. On receipt of SIM card (on 4th May, 2008) we have enquired with call centre of Vodafone and noted that change of plan was free of cost and not connected to any 3 free SIM Card. Now we realized that representative of M/s. Vodafone Essar Limited/ M/s. Global Direct, in order to boost sale of SIM card misrepresented my father and sold 3 card which we never required.

We have also visited Andheri VodaFone – Customer care shop for returning SIM card and obtaining refund of Rs. 1, 800/- and met Mr. Melwyn, who informed that I need to make complaint to customer care who will do the needful and to meet M/s. Global Direct, Vodafone’s Business partner.

We had never expected such cheap mode of marketing with company like “VODAFONE” / "Global Direct".

Now I am sloging to claim refund our hard earned money. What 1 person can do with 4 SIM card (1 Existing + 3 New).

• Ba
      9th of Jul, 2008

I am the Manager of Millennium Holdings and we have two connection of Vodafone numbers 9946111111 & 9846057210. We have given one request to M/S Hutch(Now Vodafone) on 18.10.2007 regarding the changing of billing adress. But the bill is not getting us untill this month. The following is the adress we have given in the letter for the change of adress.
    The Manager (Millennium)
    Trichur Trade Center,
    6th Floor, Kuruppam Road,
    Thrissur-680 001

In these condition what we have to do get the proper monthly bills to us.

• Mr
      29th of Aug, 2008

Ref. No. HBN/ HO/Admin/2008-09/. Dated : August 28, 2008

The Manager Customer Care,
    Vodafone

Subject: Request for Change the Communication Address.

Ref. : Mobile No. 1. 9811420936
    2. 9899422557
    Dear Sir,

We take reference to above and would like to draw your kind attention that we have shifted our Corporate Office from 303, 3rd Floor, Vardhman Chamber, Sonia Complex, Vikas Puri, New Delhi- 110018 To Plot No. B-53, B-1, Community Centre, Janak Puri, New Delhi-110058.

Accordingly you are requested to kindly amend the same for all future correspondences as early as possible and oblige.

An early action in this regard shall be highly appreciable.

Thanking you,

Yours Faithfully,
    For HBN Dairies & Allied Ltd.

Authorised Signatory

Encl: - Copy of Last Paid Bills.

• Ka
      29th of Sep, 2008

I was approched by Sudha Sharma from Global Direct who cheated us and gave 5 connections of Vodafone stating that they are free of rental for Lifelong and hse informed me taht Akash Shah and Alexandar is there Director i am gonna make case over them and take them to court for doing such ceating with us and gonna bring it to notice Media as well.

regards,
    Kavita

• Na
      12th of Nov, 2008

I have spoke to so many executives of vodaphone for changing my prepaid connection of mobile no. 9899465093 from my prepaid mobil no. 9999735060. where as I have paid Rs.250/- on 05.11.08 receipt no. 429 of LAXMI COMMUNICATION by Field Executive Mr. Vishnu Kumar, he has provided me another SIM and told me to replace in the evening but so many evening past the new SIM is rejected by your system. Further I spoke to Mr. Ashwani at about 19.38 hrs on 10.11.08 he has put me on hold for about 25 mts. and disconnected, again I spoke to Mr. Ramesh, Mr. Kamal and at last Mr. Kush has registered with number 1352675072 dated 10.11.08. The same time Mr. Kush says within 10 mts. you will be contacted by vodaphone but no response came from your end.

If such type of response comes from your side I will disconnect my all vodaphone connection and I will advice my all friends also about the hapenning with me.

Expecting Immediate response from your end.

• Ra
      7th of Jan, 2009

The Manager Customer Care,
    Vodafone

I was approched by Dipti from Global Direct (Sales Excutive) who has given me wrong information about the New postpaid connection.
    sh offerd me GK 199 plan as per Dipti in this plan Mah & goa is local circle for me including Mumbai.
    call rates:
    0.50 Paisa per min any call in local (Mah & Goa including Mumbai)
    200 free talktime.
    200 SMS free
    Vodafone to Vodafone free (unlimited)
    STD will Be 1. RS per Min.
    Free Itsmised Bill
    Free Caller ID
    50.00 More concession in bill apart from rental charges.
    Choice of number

I like the plan i gave her cheque of Rs 300 (Global Direct) for the New connection. on the date of 21 dec 2008.

then i got call from verification dept they told me that was diffrent plan so i was confused. immediatle i spoke to the diptii but she told me there was some problem i'll check nad update you. but she didnt replied me.

And till the date i didnt received call from Dipti. Also i have not received SIM Card.

I tried to contact Mr . Navin Khanna and i left so messages for Mr. Navin Khanna to the Neelam (on 02228710870) but no reply.

Expecting Immediate response from your end.

Regards,
    Rahul Gupta

• Ka
      16th of Jan, 2011

iwant to deactivate the voice chat and want my balance back

• Al
      9th of Jul, 2011

i work for global net and i can telll you this is seriously a very big problem im finding the company a little fishy but, till now no one has done any thing to the company and it is doing its job quiet efficiently .I.E.u know wat they are best at doing...

• Te
      25th of Apr, 2012

global direct vodafone sucks ...never ever take their sim they all r fraud

• Te
      25th of Apr, 2012

sir, i(tenzin ) had a vodafone prepaid connection( 9819627926) a month ago, and i was approached by ravindra sheety of vaodafone global direct he assist me to convert prepaid to post he showed me a tariff plan of 299 which included 1GB free data and later my sim got blocked, first time i dint knew what happened but later i came to know he fooled me by saying 1gb data free which was not ther and my sim got blocked due to credit limit crossing ..one month later i got my bill of 2000plus ... i tried to call ravindra sheety of global direct but he never pick up my call, i called their manager but in vain
    i informed vodafone care center but they have no interest in doing anything..
    i dont know why vodafone like reputed company is with golal direct which is 101% fraud cheating people...
    sir please take action against these fraud ..
    hope u will reply my complain

tenzin