[Resolved] Vodafone / wrong commitment & worst customer care

1 delhi, India Review updated:
Phone: 9999999999

My last mail to vodafone

Due to no response from your side against my mobile no. [protected], I m so much harrashed by vodafone. Vodafone is a cheap and waste customer service including apeal.

I decided to close all my vodafone no. S within starting week of november 09.

[number removed] named [name removed]

And will never go to vodafone & also suggest to others.

With final regards,

On wed, oct 7, 2009 at 7:03 pm, arun singh rawat [protected]@gmail.com> wrote:

As per my mail I told you not to do correspondence to my home address. But you sent a hard copy of bill to my address.
Boss why you are doing that things when I told you that I dont need that vodafone number [protected].
I purchased that no.in 26 aug. 2009. Your executive whom I talked ansured me that it ll activate after 78 hours. But you activated the same in 07 sep. 2009 (after 264 hour of purchasing) and after 7th sep. 2009, I visited to your store he ansured me that sim was not activated till date (I think it was 12th sep. 2009). And he made a refund request against that mob. No..
How can he do request when sim was activated and why he dont told me that.

These are the loose point of your worst service.

I am trying to visit consumer forum and let see what they do for me.
I am trying to contact your vodafone ombudsman (national or international) because of not reply by nodal officer in last 9 days.

Let seeeeeee!

Regards,

On fri, oct 2, 2009 at 4:04 pm, vodafone care wrote:

Dear mr. Rawat,

Thank you for your email dated 29/09/09 reagrding the services on your vodafone number [protected].

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to confirm to you that we have forwarded the details of your concern to our specialized vodafone care team. We request you to kindly provide us 72 working hours to get the same checked and revert back to you with the feedback.

Assuring you with the best of our services at all times.

We at vodafone believe in customer satisfaction. Please be assured, that we are committed to providing you and all of our customers with the highest standards of service in the industry.

In the meantime, if you need any further assistance, please do call us on 111 toll free from your vodafone mobile phone. We? Ll do our best to help you.

Happy to help,

Heena iqbal
Vodafone care

Contact numbers
Vodafone care : 111 or +91-[protected]
(Toll free from vodafone mobile phones within the home network)
Fax number : +91-[protected]/[protected]
E-mail : vodafonecare. [protected]@vodafone.com
Website : www.vodafone.in

— original message —

From: [protected]@gmail.com

Sent: 29-sep-2009 18:24:12

To: vodafonecare. [protected]@vodafone.com

Cc: nidhi. [protected]@vodafone.com

Subject: re: refund of amount on your vodafone mobile number [protected] [ref:[protected]]

As per rule if that all are mentions in your terms and conditions column then why should your executive taken my request. Was he never read the t&c.

According to t&c if I am requesting you to refund you need to close my account with immediate effect.

I declare that I am not using the no. [protected]. I ll not take any liability against this vodafone no..

If you ll do any correspondence for this number at my address, I ll complaint against you with all proof as hard copy.

Your executive confirmed me that due to negative verification the number was not activated and he showed me that on pc.

I am not responsible for calls made by this number.

And I am getting the way how you refund my money back.

With regards,

Arun singh rawat

On wed, sep 23, 2009 at 12:43 pm, vodafone care < vodafonecare. [protected]@vodafone.com> wrote:

> dear mr. Rawat,

> thank you for your email dated 19/09/09 regarding the refund of

> amount on your vodafone mobile number [protected].

> we sincerely regret the delay in replying to your e-mail and the

> inconvenience caused due to misrepresented information provided to you.

> we value your relationship with us. We assure you that we are

> committed to provide you and all our customers with quality customer

> service

> we would like to confirm to you that as per our records, the

> verification has been confirmed positive for your account, and the

> services for yor vodafone number have been activated effective 07/09/09.

> we would also like to confirm to you that as per the "make your own plan"

> on your vodafone number, security deposit of rs. 500 is refundable in

> case you retain your vodafone account for 24 months.

> as per the details mentioned above, we regret to state that we would

> not be able to refund the security deposit of rs. 500 on your postpaid

> vodafone account prior to completion 24 months of activation of your vodafone number.

> assuring you with the best of our services at all the times

> in case you need further assistance, please do call or email us. We'll

> do our best to help you.

> happy to help,

> shweta gursahani

> vodafone care

> contact numbers

> vodafone care : 111 or +91-[protected]

> (Toll free from vodafone

> mobile phones within the home network)

> fax number : +91-[protected]/[protected]

> sent: 19-sep-2009 16:49:01

> to: vodafonecare. [protected]@vodafone.com

> subject: refund request. No. [protected]

> dear sir/madam,

> I booked a vodfone no.* [protected]* by my name *arun singh rawat* on *aug.

> 26, 2009*.

> I made a payment of rs. 500 to the executive named nevrinder singh as said.

> my sim no. Is [protected].

> due to negative verification sim was not activated till *9th sep*. So

> I bought another I made a request to refund my payment at vodafone

> store situated at *rajeev chowk metro station c. P. [protected]hi*. He gave

> me request no.*[protected]*.

> after

> that somebody called me that he wants to give me a vodafone gift and

> he told me that the request of refund was not done.

> but I did it before.

> how could you activate my no. After a wrong verification and my request.

> I am using another vodafone no. [protected] for last 1 year.

> please revert me the status.

> with regards,

> arun singh rawat

> [protected]

> this email and any attachments thereto are confidential and intended

> solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

> this message contains confidential information and is intended only

> for the individual named. If you are not the intended recipient /

> named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, reproduce or copy this e-mail.

> please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received

> this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you

> are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing,

> copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents

> of this information is strictly prohibited. Please further note that

> transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free".

“this email and any attachments thereto are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the intended recipient / named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, reproduce or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please further note that transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free".

• Resolution statement

Complaint is resolved.

Comments

• Mo
      5th of Oct, 2007
    Hutch = Vodafone - We donot like the name voda-fone....
    India

See! Some prosperous company buy more share, taking over that company... destroy that popular name... renaming their own company hotchy-potchy name and that new name has to be carried over by the customer. And again some new guy will come and buy that company and that nasty guy will put his own name..and that name has to be again pushed in to our brain...

No one care for customers interest while changing the name... (some will see numerology also to change their company name and brand... my goodness)

In our (my family and few friends) opinion, cause of the nasty name Voda-fone... instead of Hutch... we love the name..we are going to quit the company and go to some other good brand, which shall be a dignified name indeed. Yes no one will want to be with some name starting in Tom-dick-and harry...

Is it not, though we care for good products and services?

• Sh
      30th of Oct, 2007

I have been facing network inconvenience since july, 2007.
    Inspite of several complaints I have not received any worthwhile response and still face severe network problems. I have 3 vodafone connections at home and many important business calls are received on these phones. My calls are dropped, voices get cut and sometimes cell comes unreachable too. Vodafone has made no assurances as to how and when they whill give me a permanent solution to this problem. I was promised extra netwrok antenna as a temporary solution. But now Im even being denied those.
    This is just the beginning of Vodafone in India and its already made a bad first impression.
    Sometimes, the first impression is the last.

• Gi
      31st of Oct, 2007
    Vodafone - Inconvenience by Vodafone

Hello,

I am facing a lot of inconvenience from Vodafone. I am a post paid subscriber for vodafone and have a standing instruction on my credit card. This month due to unforeseen circumstances the payment for vodafone got rejected and as soon as I came to know the same I made the payment from a Kiosk setup by vodafone at my office. Its been a week now and Vodafone says it has not received my payment and have disconnected the outgoing calls facility.

The customer service is very RUDE and misbehaved. I would like to file a case against Vodafone and also want everybody to know the injustice caused by these Companies.

• Pr
      6th of Nov, 2007

I have been facing network inconvenience since July, 2007. In spite of several complaints I have not received any worthwhile response and still face severe network problems. I have 3 Vodafone connections at home and many important business calls are received on these phones. My calls are dropped, voices get cut and sometimes cell comes unreachable too. Vodafone has made no assurances as to how and when they will give me a permanent solution to this problem. I was promised extra network antenna as a temporary solution. But now Im even being denied those.

Sometimes, the first impression is the last.

6th of Nov, 2007

I agree with same because of this problems I have switched from hutch to Airtel. There is nothing going to happen from their side just we will be wasting our energy calling them.

VERY POOR VODAFONE SERVICES REALLY HORRIBLE

23rd of Nov, 2007

Ya it only makes sense in changing over from vodafone to airtel.Vodafone is a fakefone servic now.

23rd of Nov, 2007

Vodafone is expert at fooling customers and their rude behaviour,we should all give up using vodafone ,they also are sending people to your residence and asking to convert prepaid to post paid,promise some free talktime and free messages but you never get that .Fooling and rude behaviour is the punch line for vodafone.

• Am
      29th of Nov, 2007
    Hutch/Vodafone - Loss due to Wrong information
    Vodafone Essar
    India

I am civil vendor who makes tower foundations for telecom companies in the state of Punjab.I did civil works very speedily for then Hutch when it entered in punjab for which I have not received the retention amount of the last four years for which my gurantee period is over. I have proofs how this amount has jeopardised my carrier and has reduced my turnover to half the amount. I had to take huge loans to repay the debts but the company is still not responding. Due to attrion new employee says that it is not our duty to clean the old fuss. Kindly show me the way how I can nail the nexus of this company.

• Gi
      2nd of Dec, 2007
    Vodafone - ref: Mobile No. 919833813358
    WWW.Vodafone.com

That according to the SMS from Vodofne Mobile Operators which reads as "Recharge for Rs.401 before 28th of Nov-2007 and get 356 talk time validity for 2 months + addition Rs. 107 to be credited on or before 1/12/07. " I recharged for Rs. 401 and to my surprise I got credit of Rs. 221. When I tried to contract I was told that the remaining amount is to be credited with in 48 hours. Now the Vodafone care people are not responding since 6 days have passed. Even the Mobile care number has been blocked.

• Le
      4th of Dec, 2007
    Vodafone - Postpaid activation delay
    Minnesota
    India

week before , I received call from the vodafone executive &he explained alll the plan. Eventhough i had rechared in prepaid just before 3 day ,I went for postpaid. Representative came to my home &complted all the formalities & paid Rs300. I gave all the documents. after 2 days i got a call & a fellow told me to resent the PAN card which was missed by the vodafone representative. They as ked sorry and asked me to rsent that again.
    But after 2 days i got New post paid SIM . But line was not getting activated since i week. i called Customer care In that one fellow replied me TO resent the documents again third time in the VOdafone shop.
    Representative came to my home , i got SIM in same addresse.
    See I don't have time to play with .... Please Take this issues as imporant. And get me back in the mobile no 919833158381

• As
      14th of Apr, 2008
    Vodafone Post - Paid - no attention no respone
    www.vodafone.in

My phone is not working since yesterday night .It is showing a message "SIM CARD REGISTRATION FAILED". I have been using this phone since one year. I tried from a Land line no. andthecall did not get connected to customer care. Now my phone is disabled and am in a situation where thee is no other way t call vodafone . i contacted them by E-Mail and the response is we will get back to you in 2 days!

21st of Apr, 2008
    Vodafone - fraud?
    mobile service
    India

I was approached by Global Direct person who took Rs 600 for changing my prepaid vodafone connection to advanced prepaid. After that when i inquired with customer care in vodafone they did not recognise the company. but the reciept and icard of the person had vodafone logo. i have been calling the global direct office in lower parel office to cancel my connection but my refund has not come yet and the person who had come to give the connection does not attend calls on the contact number he has given me.. i request the vodafone company to look into the matter not just because a company is taking money on their behalf but also regular vodafone customers like me are harassed

• Su
      23rd of Apr, 2008
    Vodaphone PrePaid - Caller Tunes Added to Phone without Permission and Abusive Customer Serivce

Hi,
    I have a Vodafone number 9986 279 179
    On the 22nd of April, 2008 at around 19:00 I received a message from Vodafone stating:
    The caller tones will be activated on my number and if I wish to not have it activate the services (caller tones) I must reply to a given number in the same massage.

Form that time I was trying to get in touch with the customer service at 111 but network problems did not get me through to the IVR.

And then later in the night I got a massage starting that my phone has been charged with Rs.30 and the next charge will be on 22.05.2008.

I am sure that I did not ask for that service to be put on my account given the fact that I am not at all interested in caller tunes kind of services and other reason being that I was not having enough balance on my account to have that service put on my account.

However, latter in the night while I was making a call I was informed that my balance is in negative of Rs 17.90 as I had a balance of Rs. 12.10 on my phone before there was a charge of Rs. 30.

Knowing this I called the customer service. After talking to 4 different customer service representatives (to whom all I had to explain every time what was the matter) I was transferred to a Team Leader named Vijay. All the time while I was speaking to him, he kept tell me that to keep the service (caller tunes) active on my phone. For speaking to him about 30 minutes he dropped the call on me.

I called back again; this time online I found agent named Adil from Bangalore customer service centre. To my horror, who informed that there was an automated call made by Vodafone and it was showing on the system that I have accepted the offer and that is why there was a charge on my account and the charge will not be refunded on my account.

While explaining to this agent (Adil), he was not letting me explain him the fact that I knew that my balance on the phone was just Rs. 12.10 and why on the earth would I be charging something like Rs. 30 for caller tunes. This agent kept talking over me very rudely and after sometime he even started to abusing me using “[censored]rdquo; and other words.

Having no way I decided to cut the call. However, I am aware that prepaid customers are treated as 2nd rated customer but it does not mean that the customers are told on their face that they are liars and start to abuse them.

Is this where Vodafone stands when they say “Happy to Help” all over their website and over all other forms of media, this the service that you are offering you customers? First cheat the customers by putting the charge on the phone and then when the customer call to ask for an explanation the agents abuse the customers and tell them on their face that they are lying. I have worked for about 4 year in International call centres and if I was to do anything like even getting angry on the customer I would have to kiss my job goodbye. Over and above that there was no resolution that was offered over the 8-9 calls that I made last night.

There are 3 things that like to do at this time:
    1.I wish to launch a formal complaint against the agent Adil for abusing customers over the phone and a strict action must be taken against this agent to set an example.
    2.I want to have the caller tunes being taken off from my account and Rs.30 must be refunded to me.
    3.I wish to add my number 9986 279 179 to “Do Not Disturb List” form immediate effect.

I hope that I will be able to see to customer service from your end.
    Sumit Jaswal

• He
      26th of Apr, 2008
    Vodafone - Poor Service And Customer support
    Vodafone Essar India
    www.vodafone.in

Me and my family using Vodafone mobile phone prepaid service But the network did not provide me good service always network problem arrise, I try to contact the Customer Support Executive but they are not interested to take my complaint they only want to cut the call.

Last 3 days my mobile service totaly failed actualy the problem not only occur to me but many more Vodafone customer ( In our family we using 5 Vodafone mobile ) we all experiancing this problem My Mobile number is - 9787692038
    If vodafone CEO like to call me to my number he can't because of his poor network

• Ks
      6th of May, 2008

Dear Sir,
    My cel no is 09885998975 from Hyderabad
    and it is not activated even I have paid the bill.
    Please do attend to it.
    with regards
    Koppineni Krishna Mohan Rao

• Ni
      27th of Aug, 2008
    Vodafone - Terrible experience
    www.vodafone.in

The problem is about network. On regular complains the problem is not solved. The area i am talking about is naya ganj, kanpur. The network here was excellent about 20 days back but now the conditions are going from worse to worst. It is more or less impossible to receive or make call. if by mistake connected it is not possible to talk. The executive who visited Mobile no. 9792100306 didn't check the network and returned from outside.

(IT CONTAINS NUMBER AND NOT THE NAME AS THE EXECUTIVE REFUSED TO TELL THE NAME).

If now solution is made then we would have to surrender the connection. We includes about 30 to 40 connections from one building (basement, 1st floor 2 nd floor).

• Va
      28th of Aug, 2008

My name vasudev G Pai my Mobile no 9820685601
    I had paid Rs 850/- cash payment in my Mobile no 9820685601
    your person wrongly transfer the my Cash Rs 850/- another
    mobile no 9833685601 which is not my mobile, I request them
    transfer my cash payment to my mobile no 9820685601,
    after faxed
    still today we not received any answer from your side

• Ab
      24th of Sep, 2008

I am using Vodafone postpaid connection number, which i bought from a Vodafone Store in Lajpat Nagar, it was Vodafone mini store.
    When i asked the executive over there about the schemes then he told me about the free 664 minutes of STD & LOCAL calls and didn’t mention M2M only, fine, next he mentioned of 449 free LOCAL & STD SMS and now i am being charged for those STD sms. I don’t agree to this at all, i feel completely cheated. Even after my repeted calls on your call center i didn’t get any proper response only thing i was told is we cant do anything in this case, this are are the “HAPPY TO HELP YOU” customer service, “AMAZING”. They asked me to visit the any VODAFONE MINI STORE and they would be able to help me out, i happened to visit the Vodafone mini store at a metro station and the executive said that “SIR, CONNECTION SELL KARNE KE LIE AAISA BOOL DETE HAI.”, and this was enough for me to feel very bad for this Mobile Company, seriously i don’t recommend this service to any one.

I still hope that someone will look into the matter, that why i am mailing. But in my mind i still think WILL ANY ONE ?

• Mi
      19th of Dec, 2008
    Vodafone - Incomplete information
    Bangalore

Well let me come straight to the point ...Last month(12-nov-08) I recharged my mobile for 150 rs (full talktime) &on 12-dec-08 inspite of not using all the currecy vodafone took back the money which i had'nt used .I called up the customer service & enquired & the answer I got was that the talk time was valid for only 1 month... after which even if i dint use they would take back the money .. well my point of justification is that if the company had informed me that this is how the offer works then i would'nt have recharged for 150( i knew about this only after I lost my money)the company is looting customers by withholding information..when i spoke to one of the team leaders in the customer service department when i asked the customer service individual to escalate the call... the answer I got was "it is a marketing stratergy that they use by not letting customers know that there is a validity for 150Rs recharge(of 1 month)... very disgusting...the person also said that i need to call up customer service before recharging everytime ...impractical..I would appreciate if vodafone stops doIng such things... as they need to realise there are people in this country who value their hard earned money, & who know what to do with their money..no one is deciding how much a customer's talktime validity is after he has paid the money..please avoid such Cheap Tricks!!!