Vodacomwrong advice from vodacom consultants regarding the termination of contract

Have had problems with this contract over last 2 years. Spoke to a consultant on 29 December 2016 regarding the procedure for terminating contract. Was advised to give 30 days notice - confirmed this (in recorded conversation) - Contract ends 2 March - was told to call before 2 Feb to officially cancel - Called today and spoke to Vodacom Cancellations department - was told by Xolile that as I have passed the end of January, they can only cancell by end of February now and so I will be liable for the next months account (up to 30 march) and or cancellation fees. I mentioned that I had specifically called in on 29 December 2016 to avoid this kind of incompetence and error. I lodged my verbal complaint in conversation with him - he said he would escalate this through the normal channels.
I called Vodacom customer service to lodge a formal complaint - spoke to Lulama, who could not assist - refered me back to Concellations, because "we can't call up the recorded conversations in a different department". I lodged my next verbal complaint on the understanding that that call was also recorded.
Have spent countless hours dealing with this Vodacom call centre incompetent bureaucracy. Will hold the service consultant and this Organisation responsible for incorrect advice given - not prepared to pay for their wrongfull advice and unfair practice

Pe