Vodacomvodacom customer care center

G Mar 09, 2017

Good day,

I hereby would like to report exceptionally poor/unsatisfying service received from the subscriber collection department (Scd) on 7 march 2017 and floor supervisor, mr. Zolile ndunge.

I have been a client with vodacom since 1997 and am currently a vip: red client.

• important: i am sending the recorded calls referred to in this e-mail separately due to the size of these files.

The company my husband and i used to work for are in the process of being liquidated and we have not received salaries since 21 december 2016. We have two primary school children (13 and 11 years). We received a collective income of approximately r65k (Gross) each month and for the past two months had to depend on donations (Money, food parcels, etc.) to survive.

I have been in constant contact with vodacom trying my utmost best to not loose the six (6) contracts on my name; which includes my elderly mother of 73’s contract.

1. On 6 february 2017 at 8:25 (Seipati) (See attached recorded call) i initially made an arrangement with the scd to make a payment for the january 2017 outstanding amount by 17 february 2017 because the business rescue practitioners and ceo of the company indicated that we would have received our january 2017 outstanding salaries by then.

2. On 17 february 2017 it was evident that we would not receive our salaries. I then contacted the scd on 17 february 2017 (Spoke to dineo at 15:17 – see attahced recorded call) to make an alternative arrangement for the payment of the outstanding amount by 28 february 2017, again based on commitments made to us by employer.
A. A call the scd claims i have not made because on 24 february 2017 my services were suspended.

3. Then on 24 february 2017 at 09:09 i phoned scd again to get the services reinstated and first spoke to dimpo and thereafter dimpo referred the matter to a floor supervisor and with a lot of “begging” i managed to get the services reinstated (See attached recorded call).

4. On 27 february 2017 i phoned the cancellation department to request pre-mature cancellation quotations on all my contracts because the only other alternative i could come up with is to have all my contracts bought out by cell-c in order to ensure that vodacom receives the money owed to them and i keep all my contracts. I was then informed that because vodacom was busy with the monthly billing run, they can only give me these quotations on 4 march 2017.

5. On 28 february 2017 at 15:15 (Spoke to melusi and lenau {?} see attached recorded call) i phoned the scd again to inform them that the requested pre-mature cancellation quotations on all my contracts cannot be given to me by vodacom before 4 march 2017 and therefore need to make an alternative payment arrangement. The arrangement we came to was that because i have to wait until 4 march 2017 for these quotations, vodacom scd will wait until 8 march 2017, to give cell-c time to complete the buy-out process.

A. The call was then in the middle of the discussion directed back to the initial stage of making a call, where i had to re-enter my cellphone number again, and again explain the whole story. Tsepo then answered. Before i could even give my id number to tsepo, the call was all of a sudden directed to the electronic after service rating where i had to score the level of service received???!!!
B. Tsepo then (At least) phoned me back and we continued the call. Tsepo then placed me on hold to discuss the matter with the accounts department but before we could finalize the alternative payment arrangement, the call was again dropped!! Tsepo did not phone me back, like he did the first time…

C. At 15:47 i phoned again and spoke to angie (See attached recorded call); whom transferred my call to the accounts department and then spoke to tebogo phaka from the scd. Tebogo then confirmed the following:

I. That the new payment arrangement for 8 march 2017 is accepted (Obviously on condition that vodacom cancellations department gives me the pre-mature cancellation quotations on 4 march 2107 to enable me to forward it to cell-c and conclude the buy-out process by 8 march 2017) and
Ii. That should the system automatically suspend my services before 8 march 2017, i can just phone the scd and they will reinstate it to ensure that i have continuous service on all my contracts.

6. I tried late afternoon of 6 march 2017 and early morning of 7 march 2017 to follow-up with the cancellations dept. When i can expect the quotations because i never received it on 4 march 2017 as agreed and note: the 4th of march 2017 was vodacom’s date that suited them, not a date i requested/forced on them!!!
A. On 7 march 2017 at the cancellations depart. I spoke to:
I. @ 7:42 lesego but their systems were off-line and she would have phoned me back once it was back on line – she never did.
Ii. @ 9:59 to nandipa but in the middle of the discussion the call was directed back to the automated voice selection at the beginning of a call!!
Iii. Thereafter i spoke to a floor supervisor, zainab mahomed and she assured me that i will have the quotations before the end of the day (7 march 2017) and she took my cellphone number and landline number. I also send her an e-mail on 7 march 2017 (See attached) but she has not responded to date.

7. On 7 march 2017 at approximately 14:15 the services on all my contracts were suspended!!! Totally unacceptable to say the least!!

8. On 7 march 2017 i then phoned the scd at 14:24 (See attached recorded call), spoke to clive; then to therucian and then to pearl and then to kagiso and then to martin and then to customer care and then to penzwalo then eventually (At 15:22 an hour later!!!) after throwing a major tantrum i got transferred to the floor supervisor, zolile ndunge.

A. Who in short told me that if he has to listen to me, the trend he is picking up is that i will just again phone on the 8th of march 2017 “just to extend the payment arrangement again” because that is what i have been doing since 6 february 2017. As if he knows me personally and knows how i conduct myself and what my behaviour is????!!! Regardless of how i tried to respect vodacom and the contracts i have with you and that i tried my utmost best to not loose my contracts (Again, 20 years and a vip red client!!! It stands for absolutely nothing in vodacom – nothing at all).
B. He did not want to negotiate nor was he even remotely sympathetic or empathetic. Nowhere in his call did he put me as the vip red client first or tried to understand and assist me. Even after i made an offer to pay r4000 (That was the only funds available to me at that stage) towards the outstanding amount until vodacom can give me the pre-mature cancellation quotations and cell-c can conclude the buy-out.
C. He was blatantly rude! I received better service from sub-ordinates than from him!!!

9. On 9 march 2017 the following telephone calls were made to 0821946 (See attached recorded call) – which is apparently the subscriber collections departments’ direct number????:
A. At 10:42 – a front desk agent answered the call and informed me i was at the wrong department. She transferred me to scd.
B. At 10:43 – another front desk agent answered and again they attempted to transfer me to scd.
C. At 10:45 – another front desk agent answered and again they attempted to transfer me to scd.
D. At 10:46 – lerato answered my call and could not assist me with the offer i made to vodacom and i requested to speak to a floor supervisor.
E. Phillip mashubuka (Floor supervisor) then answered the call and the following transpired:
I. I explained my whole situation to him again
Ii. Offered to pay r8000 immediately (More than 50% of the outstanding amount)
Iii. Enquired that if i pay the r8000 today (9 march 2017) will vodacam please re-instate my services
Iv. I was refused because vodacom wants a payment of r10 000 before they are willing to re-instate my services.
V. My questions are:
1. In the most difficult financial time my family ever had to face, i am fighting myself into a standstill to survive, i’ve managed to get r8000 together to pay vodacom a portion of the outstanding amount; which vodacom has been waiting for more than sixty days for
2. What this imply, is that vodacom now gets the full amount settled for the 60 days account and a portion of the amount outstanding for 30 days
3. Vodacom then has to wait another 22 days until the end of march 2017 and the remaining amount outstanding for 30 days will be paid in full and most probably the current account amount as well (But i need to first see what the nett amounts are going to be that my husband and i are going to receive because we both started new jobs and it will be the first salaries we are to receive at these respective companies)
4. I have been a loyal, good paying client of vodacom for twenty years. Unfortunately we find ourselves in a dire situation (Not of our own doing) but is respectfully requesting vodacom to understand and provide assistance. Nowhere have i ever indicated that i cannot pay the outstanding amount nor that i am not willing to pay the outstanding amount. Every single time i have phoned, i did it because i need to retain my contracts with vodacom. Why in the world will i pay r8000 now and not the rest?????? A sane and reasonable person would then (Under these circumstances) rather use the r8000 for something else and not pay at all. I will not pay r8000 and leave the rest.
Vi. Phillip mashubuka further refused to assist and i requested a more senior person to talk to. He indicated at 10:57 that robin liesgang will contact me regarding the offer i have made and my request to vodacom. Phillip mashubuka confirmed that the call will be made within one hour.
Vii. It is now 12:57 and i have not received any telephone calls from anyone at vodacom!!! Two hours later!!!

My services to all my contracts are still suspended. I still do not have the pre-mature cancellation quotations. I am now since yesterday, paying (Because i am billed) for services on contracts i do not have!!! And please, to say that i have access to the services on my contracts is not correct because i can only receive incoming calls and i am not paying for only incoming calls!!!

• what are you, as senior management going to do about this??

Am i supposed to sit without service because of a delay caused on vodacom’s side and i am referring to the outstanding pre-mature cancellation quotations here?? I have explained to vodacom (On 8 march 2017 – see attached recorded call) that i have already been in contact with cell-c and that they are aware of the account not being paid up to date. They (Other than vodacom) are prepared to assist me but cannot do anything without these quotations. I have asked for the quotations to be done excluding the arrears amount but that can apparently also not be done??? And please, customer care or cancellations or subscriber collections, i do not care which department it is, it stays vodacom that gives the worst service i have ever received!!!

I am going to report this to hello peter and to whomever else i can and trust me, i will. I will not rest until i have exhausted all my avenues available to me!!

I do not expect any feedback on this matter but at least i got to proove that i am an honourable person, who understands contractual commitments made and is not a crook that is trying to take vodacom’s money.

I am deeply upset and saddened that this is how i was treated as a vip red client; with the expectionally good track record i have with vodacom.

I will never recommend vodacom to anyone i know or talk positively about vodacom ever again. Never!!!

Regards,
Elri vos
Yet another very unsatisfied client