Vodacom / non-disclosure of fees

1 Vereeniging, South Africa Review updated:
Phone: 0827728909

When upgrades were concluded, no-one explained that I will pay a fee for both old- and new devices. Now that I queried my statement, I'm told that!!! I would not have upgraded if I knew I was going to pay for 2 devices. On a previous upgrade, I switched from a Blackberry to a Samsung but the BIS-charge of R68 was not stopped automatically, neither was I told to have it cancelled by myself and I paid it for several months before I noticed that it was still charged. I think that it is the same as stealing from consumers to not disclose this information. Another thing I need to know is: how legal is it to increase fees in the middle of contracts by sending a sms? But the same Supplier insist that the previous device must still be paid with the new device when upgrades take place at 22 months or whatever, they quick to send a sms for the upgrade!!!

Li
May 18, 2015

Comments

8th of Oct, 2008
    Vodacom - Statement I cannot open
    South Africa

Vodacom sends me statment in a format I cannot open. I have indicated to them that they should either use a different format or post the statement to me. Both requests have been ignored.

13th of Oct, 2008

Oh yes, that is nothing new. There is only one word to describe Vodacom's service... PATHETIC!!
    I have experienced the same problem for over a year already. Hows that??

• Gi
      7th of Sep, 2009
    Vodacom - BAD SIGNAL
    KOGI
    South Africa

A GROUP OF US HAVE BAD TO NO SIGNAL IN A FULLY 3G MARKED AREA, MTN AND CELL C WORKS FINE.
    WE ARE BEING IGNORED ALTHOU WE ARE OVER 15 PEOPLE.
    PLEASE HELP UR.

• Tr
      26th of Aug, 2010
    Vodacom - I am still waiting for feedback from Vodacom
    vodacom.com

I posted something for Vodacom, regarding my migration and the mess up with that- Im still waiting for feedback and no one has bothered to call and clarify.

• Ny
      27th of Aug, 2010
    Vodacom - Those monkeys at Vodacom still haven't sorted out the problem
    vodacom.com

Those monkeys at Vodacom still haven't sorted out the problem. I wish they could put their money where their mouth is.

• Ka
      28th of Aug, 2010
    Vodacom - You guys really should work on your customer service
    vodacom.com

I complained last week about the bad service. Not I finally received my phone for a NEW CONTRACT - without a simcard! You guys really should work on your customer service! How am I supposed to phone without a simcard?

• Dr
      7th of Sep, 2010
    Vodacom - In 24 hour time card still not activated
    vodacom.com

I've upgraded my cell phone and receive 'mastercards giftvouchers'. they said it will be activated in 24 hours time. When my wife went 96 hours later to do some shopping, she had to stand with a red face because the card was still invalid, because it was not activated!

• Sm
      15th of Sep, 2010
    Vodacom - We are now sick and tired of no response
    vodacom.com

I am back in the country after a visit overseas, please Vodacom still did not fix my proble we have with the 3G card. Could someone please reply we are now sick and tired of no response.

• Pe
      16th of Sep, 2010
    Vodacom - No response after 4 months
    vodacom.com

I still wonder if a response I got from Vodacom's Representative through hellopeter it was just to hold my mouth. I expected a 24 hours feedback from the investigation as stated but no response to-date. This is absolute derailed service. It feels so unfair to treat a more than 10 years loyal customer.

• Mu
      21st of Sep, 2010
    Vodacom - I have been holding on for 15 minutes now to try and get some feedback
    vodacom.com

I am trying to get through to the Vodacom Direct call center. I have been holding on for 15 minutes now to try and get some feedback about the progress of my application. I reckon that is too long to wait.

• St
      21st of Sep, 2010
    Vodacom - 1 GIG data bundle, but Vodacom only give 700mb
    Vodacom

The heading says it all! I purchased a 1 gig data bundle from Vodacom and they only gave me 700mb.Thats 300mb robbed. I have emailed them with this information but they have still not come back with a explination.

• Rt
      27th of Sep, 2010
    Vodacom - No stock of iPhone 3GS 32 Gig for 8 weeks
    vodacom.com

I have already lodged a complaint about this and was told someone from procurement would phone me!! Still havent been contacted!!

• Wi
      29th of Sep, 2010
    Vodacom - Unwanted content services on my cellphone
    Vodacom

I am receiving unwanted content services on my cellphone, and Vodacom does not have the facility to stop it?

• Mo
      3rd of Feb, 2011
    Vodacom - I am still receiving the sms-es
    Vodacom

I received a letter form Rashieda Jattiem (thank you) to say my number has been removed. That was yesterday. Yet this morning I have already received three sms-es again and it is not even 8 am.

• Sp
      5th of Feb, 2011
    Vodacom - Vodacom Networks do not exist most of the time
    Vodacom

You guys are being paid for a service which you dont provide, and yet the clients must keep on paying for a network which is either down or so slow that it is non existend. Please check your towers or do something about the bad signal and no networks in the pretoria northen area.

• Oo
      6th of Feb, 2011
    Vodacom - Vodacom is overcharging people on their 3 G account
    Vodacom

Vodacom is overcharging people on their 3 G account. All of a sudden we are reaching our caps within 10 days. I am not the only one with this problem. There are many other clients with the same problem.

• Pl
      6th of Feb, 2011
    Vodacom - Very bad connection
    South Africa

For the past six months we are getting the worst connection possible. Any conversation / internet connection 'disappears' and I have to reconnect several times to finish what I was busy with. As a monthly contributor (contract), am I not entiteld to a better service?

• Lo
      20th of Apr, 2011
    Vodacom - Poor signal
    South Africa

Report the poor signal and receotion now twice and no result from Vodacom.
    Reference number 1 966CTZ240Z11
    Reference no 2 290316
    You can make a call and talk for one minute then they cut you off or you can not hear the other person.

26th of Apr, 2011
    Vodacom - my extra cell number
    digital burau
    South Africa

my extra cell number 072 355 78 78 was given to some else I rica the number my id number is 600 7225083087

• Mp
      2nd of Jun, 2011
    Vodacom - airtime pinching from customers
    South Africa

Vodacom is so full of ###. How does any1 go 2 the internet like 20 times in an hour. i'm so upset because i recharged in the morning and an hour later i have R0.00 on my phone totally ridiculous nxn.
    Red means danger -vodacom is pinching airtime