Vodacom — cell phone insurance
I took my phone that got damaged due to a fall to Vodacom Gateway and upon enquiring, if insurance will cover it, I was advised that I did not have insurance. I reiterated that I pay for insurance, however, the consultant (I can get her name if you so wish) grew irritated with me and advised that my insurance would not cover for such repairs.
My phone was sent off to a repair center and I was asked to pay +- R3500. I refused to pay.
I queried this with Cellsure and as you can see below, I am in fact covered. I am outraged and demand a solution. It has been over 30 days and should I no longer qualify to claim it will be due to a Vodacom representative/staff member.
Please advise as soon as possible. It seems that Vodacom customer care does not have any desire to help as I am yet to get a response from them to an e-mail sent a week ago.
Begin forwarded message:
From: Info Cellsure
Subject: RE: Phone insurance query [protected]
Date: 19 January 2017 at 08:30:58 SAST
To: 'Margaret Cane'
There is insurance active on [protected] for a Samsung S4. Any other device will not be covered
Handset Insurance Cover (2014)
Standard Handset Insurance (2014)
Ms MARGARET CANE
19261 Vodacom 4 U Garden Route Mall Western Cape
Make & Model
Samsung S4 BLACK EDITION
20 Oct 2014
20 Oct 2014
Monthly Electronic X-Fer
1st day of the month
1 Nov 2014
R 7000 (B4)
FELICITY 20/10/2014 15:09:41
More Vodacom Complaints & Reviews
- Vodacom - legal department testing my patience 
- Vodacom - bad service 
- Vodacom - elite mobile 
- Vodacom - customer care? what a joke!!! 
- Vodacom - data usage 
- Vodacom South Africa - service received from vodacom
- Samsung/ Vodacom - samsung and vodacom flight center deal
- Vodacom - cell phone internet and phone in general not working
- Vodacom - blocked contract sim card
- Vodacom - the service that I received from vodacare fourways was absolutely appalling