Vodacom Canal Walk / product upgrade termination /change

canal walk repairs and contracts store, cape town, South Africa

Good day
As an existing vodacom mobile data contract holder on two mobile modems, I was due to upgrade which I enquired on,
This process started where my wife and I entered Vodacom canal walk cape town to undertake an upgrade /renew on my existing data contract. 1. being 1 gig data day and one gig night owl bundle.2nd being 1gig top up data bundle.
We opted to have the 1 gig top up bundle transferred to a tablet deal at Vodacom .
My wife chose the tablet and had to wait a two week waiting time when contacting us to collect we went in store the tablet (HP 7 slate HD)which my wife chosen was given us payment made and upgraded contract of 169.00pm was signed on the unit.
dated in store .28 Jan 2015- to date 02 Feb 2015 . The unit was not opened and activated in the store at that time of purchase and on activating the unit found that it could not serve the purpose of making calls (no dialer on this tablet unit) which was disheartening for my wife, it couldn't serve her purpose, we contacted the store and explained our situation that we did not want the unit, we returned it to the store sunday 31st January 2015 and explained our discomfort of the product to the store manager and was told the unit had been already opened from the box and that it could not be returned a such also that the seven day out of box policy was only for faulty devices, we were told the matter was refferd to another shift manager and that feedback would be given via mail on whether or not we could change the product for something else, in the same time instruction for us to keep the unwanted unit with us was given. Today 03/02/15 I received an email stating that then upgraded contract of 169 pm will take effect from March 1st 2015 and that Vodacom canal walk would not take the unit back... I now am in possession of a unit we do not want as it does not serve my wife s requirements. We in the store asked if the contract be placed on a Tablet unit which could dial and pay the increased amount difference on the unit as an enquiry, To our dismay the maili received held only negative responses . I HAVE FROM THE FIRST OF MARCH HAVE TO PAY FOR A TABLET WE ARE UNHAPPY WITH ON VODACOMS CONTRACTS...
Please as a client what can I do to escalate this issue as I fear seven day [policy will lapse and we be stuck on this contract.
feedback will be appreciated...PLEASE HELP. IV ETRIED NUMEROUS SELF SERVICE NUMBER AN THIS HAS BECOME A WAISTE OF TIME TO DATE

Br