Vodacom / problems with vodacare

1 United States

I got an Ericsson handset on 07-10-07 with a 2 year warranty. In January 2009 the handset did not charge the battery any more. On 27-01-09 it was handed in at Vodacare Menlyn (job no.4343596) An SMS was received on 13-02-09, handset repaired and ready for collection. The handset was collected on same day, repairs guaranteed for 90 days When I tried to charge the battery, it was still not possible, it was taken back to Vodacare on 14-02-09 (job no.441025). An SMS was received on 24-02-09, the handset was ready for collection. When I went to Vodacare I was informed that the handset was not repairable because of soldering damage! I objected, the only place where soldering damage could have occurred was at Vodacare. It was handed in again (job no. 4444469). On 4 March an SMS was received that the handset was ready for collection, it was still not repaired, I handed it in again, it was went for higher level repairs (with battery and charger) (job no. 4493781). I never saw the handset again, numerous visits (30 April, 8 June, 10 June, 15 June) only resulted in promises that I will be phoned, it never happened. A letter of complaint was sent to Vodacare on 25-09-09, no explanation yet.