Vodacom / customer care? what a joke!!!

1 South Africa Review updated:

I have never in my life thought that I would get such pahtetic service from a company that claims to be a leader in south africa... I have had a debit-order go down on my bank account from vodacom that wasn't authorized in any way. Now this is not the big deal - after phoning more than 10 times and getting more than 3 reference numbers from the so called customar service, I was phoned back almost 4 weeks later by someone who still had no clue about what my complaint was all about!!! I was phoned back because I threatened to go public with this poor service.

Thank you vodacom, I truly hope that I can let the whole world know how pathetic you are in dealing with my case. This is fraud and should be attended to immediately!!!

I will never in my life have anything to do with vodacom again - and I will motivate every single person that I come in contact with to stay away from such a company. Thank you you vodacom, I need not say more.

Dont worry vodacom I don't expect to hear from you - since you are only interrested in signing contracts.

People be ware

Dr. Marius a welgemoed

Comments

• Ge
      16th of Jan, 2009

Dear Gerry Mostert

As per the feedback we have received from Marcus who has confirmed that Juan asked the you when his termination date was and the client told him that it would be the end of the month that would have been December.

Please be advised you now get billed due to the fact that you were only due for upgrade at that time and not due end of term.
    Candice

Dear Candice,

If you read my letter carefully and with the attention it deserves you will notice that I said to Juan at the end of Janauary 2009! As the client why would I give the wrong information? Further more if they were unsure they should have telephoned Nashua Mobile to find out. This is their duty as salesmen to make sure that myself as the client is protected, seeing that I specifically asked about this. It looks more that they were interested in making a quick sale. What are you going to do about this as I am intending to send Vodacom an invoice for this amount from my company.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gerry Mostert

GGm International Film Productions

• Ge
      16th of Jan, 2009

To whom it may concern

13/01/2009

I bought an iPhone with contract on 28/11/2008 from one of your suppliers at Cellucity, Cavendish.
    The person who did the transaction name is Juan Wernecke, his supervisor’s name is Marcus Bruwer.

I was previously with MTN, Nashua Mobile. When I spoke to Juan, I asked him if there would be any penalty from Nashua Mobile if we port the number from MTN (083 680 9934) to Vodacom.

He asked me when my contract would expire and I told him at the end of January 2009. He then said there should be no penalty if I do not cancel the contract with Nashua Mobile. I asked him if he is absolutely sure of this, he then said that he would ask Marcus, his manager, who was in the back office. After he returned he again told me that there would be no penalty if I do not cancel the contract with Nashua Mobile.

We then went ahead with the transaction and I did not cancel the contract with Nashua Mobile.

During December I noticed on a statement from Nashua Mobile an amount of R4, 218.00 for a termination penalty. I contacted Juan, he then said that I should speak to Marcus. Marcus then said he would follow it up. I told him I was going on holiday and would only be back early in January 2009.

On my return a few days ago, I noticed that the amount of R4, 218.00 was debited to my account via debit order. I contacted Marcus, yesterday morning and queried the situation. He told me that he would phone me later in the afternoon with the outcome. I waited for the call but he did not call back. So, I phoned him this morning again. According to him he sent in a query concerning this matter but heard nothing back. I then told him that I was not happy with the situation, he then told me that I should contact Customer Care at Vodacom.

Thank you.
    Gerry Mostert
    GGM International Film Productions

17th of Apr, 2009

Vodacom are thieves!! I was OVERCHARGED by the amount of about R4600 by VODACOM and am STILL waiting for R3800 of it!!

I have written complaints, called in at least 3 x per week, begging to speak to some sort of management, only to be told by an individual, "You are losing it, Sisi! Ha Ha Ha, you obviously have a fake alibi" when I insisted she had not contacted me that morning.

I will ride my contract out, but by December 2009, its "Bye Bye Vodacom!" and will recruit all my fellow doctors, nurses, and other health professionals to do the same.

Sarah, Cape Town

• Bo
      20th of Jul, 2009

Vodacom is one of the most inefficient service providers i have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.their supposedly highly effecient staff are ###s and have no clue about solving customers problems.MTN here i come

11th of Sep, 2010

I totally agree on the complaint posted on www.gripe-it.com against Vodacom. They need to get their act together fast!!

• Hg
      28th of Sep, 2010

the name wounds suspiciously like Vodaphone and when one name sounds alot like the other, its normally a hint that its a cheep knock off.

I deal alot with this sort of thing, I help my mum alot, she nearly got scammed for her car insurence, I quickly sorted that out (my step-dad was paying less for his MX-5 and she had an Austra which at the time prodused less emmisions)

20th of Dec, 2010

please vodacom or anybody help me...
    i need gprs and wap settings for a jamison m810i dual sim mobile watch phone... my contact details: 0711428704 or email me at jacosteijn@live.co.za alternatively my fiancee
    ar elmarieh7@gmail.com

• Jl
      11th of Jan, 2016

1) I have upgraded 21 December 2015 at Paarl Mall Vodacom Shop. The consultant who assisted me informed us about all the additional features and cost effectiveness. Not once did he make mentioned of the guaranteed gift that was so boldly advertised in their store. I only realised on 22 December 2015 I never received a gift. I phoned and was informed it depends on the package you are on.
    2) I have drafted an email to customercare@vodacom.co.za (refer attached) on 22 December 2015. No response received to date.
    3) On 23 December 2015 my new phone was still not operational and whilst in Wellington I visited Vodacom there just to be informed by the consultant the consultant at Vodacom Paarl Mall informed her the Admin lady at Paarl Mall didn’t do the sim swop. No apology from their side. A BIG shout out to Wellington Vodacom who assisted me in this regard.
    4) On 31 December 2015 called 082 111 spoke to Nicole who escalated the query. On 7 January 2016 spoke to Melisha who said she will escalate to Nicole. Several online chats were done with Yandiswa and Kunga supplying the reference number received from customer care without any feedback to date.
    5) I phoned customer care on Thursday 7th January 2016 and came through to accounts department spoke to team leader Ntombi who listened and requested reference number. I unfortunately didn’t had it on me and she informed me she will be off Friday 8th but will get another colleague to call me to get the reference number to make follow up. This call never materialised.
    6) I then phoned the manager at Vodacom Paarl Mall who commit he will phone me back the next day as he is busy and will have to subtract the documentation in order to check which package I’m on and the see if I qualify for a gift.
    7) In the meantime I phoned other Vodacom branches to get the correct story about the gift as some said I should get a gift and other stated depends on package taken some also refer to the receipt.
    8) I waited 8th January for call from Ntombi’s colleague and call from Derick but I guess I’m still waiting. I phoned the Paarl Mall Vodacom on Friday evening just to be informed that he left earlier. The lady requested me for my number after I have explained to her my query. I explained to her I have given my detail to him and that he can call me back. She even tried to get the consultant who assisted me on 21 December but he was too busy. I then told her and I quote “I have had it with Vodacom Paarl Mall and I will take it to the next level”
    9) Not even did the manager tried to phone back on Saturday 9th January.

My concern how many clients are daily facing these kind of behaviour from consultant’s not knowing they are entitled to a gift. Makes my eyebrows raised as my next question will be what happened to the unclaimed gifts. Are they really delivering a service or are they robbing clients? Bear in mind that at month end they receiving the salary and commission for half service delivered.But what can one expect from branch level if the customer service are so pathetic.

• Um
      10th of Jun, 2017

Also so frustrated with Vodacom!!! Pathetic customer service and useless fraudulent department!

I have a contract for an 072 number only.
    I was charged by vodacom R826 in addition to my monthly contract amount, only to be told by vodacom that i had another contract in my name of which i was totally unaware. Vodacom allowed an unknown person to take out a contract in my name without my knowledge nor consent, this is negligence on behalf of vodacom as I was only made aware of this contract when I phoned to query the debit order by Vodacom from my bank account for the amount R826 .  I was then told that I had a cellphone contract no.  0649095977 which I do not own.
    Vodacom should be able to find out who has rica'd that number and which consultant was responsible for this negligence. It is only fair that  Vodacom be held responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of their negligence. Now Vodacom has suspended my current contract and daily asks me to send an affidavit and copy of I.d which I have already sent. Extremely frustrating! ! !

I have been phoning Vodacom daily since 22/05/2017, when I received an sms informing me of a debit order by Vodacom for R826, which I had not authorized.
    Now the accounts department has informed me that my case is closed by the fraudulent department even though they are still charging me for the fraudulent contract and have not given me feedback!!! Please help, I'm fed up of Vodacom k

• La
      16th of Jan, 2018

They send you conformation of cancellation with reference numbers, and still cannot tell you why they deducted money of your account excuses of early cancellation, data that is put on my account that I dont ask or apply for. I dont upgrade my contract I dont want to deal with Vodacom why will I apply for that and who is the person that that have put it on my account it took you more than an hour on the phone for NOT getting the right answers it look like the staff is incompetent that is in the positions that must know how to deal with complaints of the customers.