vodacare / Bad Service

1 South Africa

I took my 2 cell phones for repair. The 1st time round I got a message that these were repaired, then I collected them. Getting home I realised that the U900 was not repaired as the speaker was still non-functional. I took this back the following week & it was booked-in again. A day or 2 after I received a message stating that my phone is not repairable. I called in to find out & they said-WATER DAMAGE-what water damage all of a sudden because there was no water damage before & by the way this was not reported when I collected the phone previously? When I went there to find out, the repair rep told me the same WATER DAMAGE story before checking the cause & after. On posing questions, I was told that in a week a lot of things could have happened. Million Dollar question to her: What can one do with a non-functional phone that it should extract water? Well she said: Should I call the manager for you? Obviously I would love to see him/her & understand. When he got there he told me the same story & that he personally worked on this phone this time round-convenient & I asked if it was repaired the 1st time & he's not sure of that. Where's the truth then - Did they damage it? Who knows???