Vocalocity / Bad service

I started using Vocalocity's phone service because my friend recommend switching to VoIP. She was using Sunrocket for her home phone and I decided to use voip for my business.
Across the past 2 years my business has gone from having 3 employees to 19 and I've given all my business to vocalocity.
This is no longer the case. I am writing this vocalocity review because they had a network outage and they continuously blamed the problems on my network. I've been paying them over $700 each month and they do not care at all. They just say that everything is my fault and that I need to buy new phones.
Well...I setup a test account with another voip provider and everything worked perfectly.
They refuse to cancel my service and continue to give me a hard time. I have filed a complaint with the FCC and my Chamber.
Vocalocity does not care to help their customers and their service sucks. I've been burned by them and will be so happy once they let me take my numbers to another provider.

A  24th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I signed up for vocalocity two weeks ago and got everything setup with them. I provided them with the info they needed to transfer my numbers and they told me yesterday that my number couldnt be transferred. It would have been nice if they told me this earlier
A  14th of Jan, 2010 by
It took our company a while to decide which provider we're going to use, and decided to go to Vocalocity. Vocalocity activated our account and charged our credit card. We are a very transparent company and we asked them what recommendations they could provide to make sure there will be no disruption of service because we are going to receive a high volume of calls. We even clarified with them if there's any add-on service that we need to get from them just to make sure we're not going to appear as if we're abusing their service, especially the unlimited plans. They said, NO, we don't need to add anything because they will just shoot us an email once they see that we're going over our limit. The next day, they canceled our account for a claim that we went over the number of minutes that we can use, and worst of all, charging us 6 cents per minute for the overusage, and yeah, it's in their terms and conditions and our company made sure it was read before using their service and that's why we tried to ask them before using the service if there's anything we need to set up to make sure we will not be penalized or what not, but they just let it happen and they're just very happy to charge us big time. Now, the worst part is, they canceled our account, so the business number is not working after we have informed the number to all our affiliates and customers. Worst service I have every used. This happened in just a period of 16hours, if you come to think of it. They're growing very quickly because they know they can simply ruin a business if things won't go their way.
A  21st of Nov, 2011 by
Careful with Vocalocity. They bought Aptela during the summer and promptly fired half the company, including a lot of good people who were hitting their numbers and had been there for many years, simply because their VP of Sales wanted his team to be in Atlanta. They gave nothing for years of service, did not pay earned vacation, and still charged-back commissions on sales reps they fired on accounts that quit after the reps were fired. Insanely evil people. Why get rid of producers with client and agent relationships?!? I hope they all burn it a fiery hell for as long as they caused grief and unemployment all of my friends who got fired for no good reason and could have been top reps at Vocalocity if they had been given a chance to fight for their jobs. Stupid. The rest of us in the support are hating life and wonder when our day is coming.
A  17th of Jan, 2014 by
Yeah vocalocity sucks and has questionable business practices