VMT Hosting.com / unauthorized charges on visa

1 230 West 400 S., 1st Fl.Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 497 4988

TRY THIS TO SEE IF YOU CAN GET REFUND ON THIS SCAM!!

PWW Internet Biz Kit, TQG onlinebizkit.com, VMT hosting.com are all names you will see on your visa/bank statements with unauthorized monthly charges - they are all the same company under umbrella Pacific Webworks Inc.!!

Try what I did to see if you can get anywhere with these scam artists. They have said they will refund me all 4 months' charges of $79.90 each...I will trust it when I see it!

I got scammed into this web ripoff as well by signing up at what I thought was an official Google AdSense website...but was not. I did authorize the original $.99 charge to my visa (PWW InternetBiz.Kit [protected])), somehow a further $1.98 charge appeared on my visa same day from TQG online.bizkit [protected])...then on Nov 25/09 a $79.90 charge appeared under TQGonlinebizkit [protected]), then on Feb 10/10 another $79.90 for VMT Hosting.com (Singapore [protected]) and finally a Mar 3/10 a further $79.90 charge from VMT Hosting.com (Singapore).

I called Visa. Because I had given my credit card no. for the intial $.99 and missed the fine print (as obviously hundreds of people have) that there would be a monthly charge if I did not cancel within 7 days...it is not actually fraud but I could put in a dispute claim with visa. They are sending out the documentation I need to sign. They also advised that I had 120 days to dispute any charges on my visa, so I was within the time frame still to officially cancel the account, but I needed to do it in writing, whether by email or mail.

I called the number on my visa statement for the first $79.90 charge on Nov 25/[protected]). Customer service answers. I explained that I wanted to cancel the account and was disputing the charges through Visa. I told him how the internet is covered with complaints about their company. He said he would cancel the account and refund me the Mar 3/10 charge. I said that wasn't good enough, I wanted all 4 months of the $79.90 charges refunded. He kept repeating himself that all he could do was refund the last charge. I said I would be reporting them to the Federal Trade Commission. He passed me over to a Billings Supervisor, John. I told him outright that they were well aware what they were doing with their fine print, all the complaints of money coming out of single parent's accounts for monthly charges, what kind of morals did this company have...he then put me onto a Director, John S. I didn't pull any punches and repeated everything I already said, that according to Visa I had 120 days to dispute the charges so it would cover back to the Nov 25 charge, and that I had put in a formal dispute claim withVisa. Once I said that, it said "here's what we'll do, we'll refund you all 4 months charges and move forward from here!". He's given me a cancellation number, so I will update if I actually get the refund on my visa. He did want to put the responsibility back on me and any other people who got taken in, that we needed to hold ourselves accountable for what we sign up for! That may be true, I said, but obviously this is in such fine print, and they know very well what they are doing, that it still was very unethical. He wanted to know why I didn’t dispute sooner...I told him that as they were different names on my bill, I wondered if perhaps I had ordered something. I was contacted by fraud services at Visa and I really clued in when VMT Hosting charge was from Singapore!

I am still going to write them an official cancellation letter, which is a good idea for all of us to do. That John S (he wouldn’t give me his last name!) confirmed they are all the same company – they just have different hosting companies. The address is:

Pacific Webworks Inc.
230 West 400 South, 1st Floor
Salt Lake City, Utah
USA 84101
Ph: [protected]
Fax: [protected]

I will still be writing to the Federal Trade Commission to register a complaint against these companies.
www.FTC.gov
www.econsumer.gov

They need to be stopped for taking advantage of unsuspecting people just looking for an honest way to make an income

Comments

• Jj
      11th of Nov, 2010

i have been a victim of this scam..

• Jj
      11th of Nov, 2010

i am also a victim of this scam. phone the credit card dispute team and they told me to ring webtools to cancell..

27th of Feb, 2011

I have unknowingly lost over £300GBP to VMT hosting.com, i originally bought a kit for round about £50, being led to believe it was a one off payment for the information to successfully setup a self employed job with google!! I cant believe the limits to my own stupidity! I was earning a fair wage at the time so i didnt miss the £50, but was tempted by high wages and the chance to work from home! Shortly after i was made redundant from my full time job and my income dropped dramatically, but i still didnt notice the extra monthly payments, in fact it took me six months to realize what was going on!!! i was out of time to raise a dispute with visa, and i dont think getting in touch with Pacific Webworks Inc. is going to lead to a resolve!! the directors of Pacific Webworks Inc. should be doused in caustic soda while tied to a burning stake!!