VMC Satellite / Terrible experience

I ordered the free installation certificate for dish network services. They sent technicians to my home that lied and said that there was a computer crash when they couldn't establish a line of sight. That's how they got out of my house with the certificate. I was told to call the next day and they would fix everything. I called; they came out the following weekend and did nothing to help. This call and come out pattern went on for weeks until I finally asked to have the service removed. At that time, I was threatened with an early termination fee because I hadn't kept the service for the term of the contract. Was I really supposed to pay every month for a service that they couldn't provide? I contacted the BBB and they worked with me to get Dish to cancel the service without a penalty. I sent back the equipment and thought that my nightmare was over. About a month or so later, I get a bill from VMC for the early termination fee. I was floored. I called and was treated very rudely. They act like a collection agency and treated me as though I were garbage. After my first rude discussion with a so called supervisor, I had decided not to call them back and ignore a bill that couldn't possibly have any substance to it. I did anyway about a month later when I got another bill telling me how 'very good' their collection agency was. I tried to talk to a manager who gave me the same run around in a better tone of voice. The long and short of the problem, is that if you can't return their certificate you owe them money. I got the fine print and what I signed. I am shocked about their survival.

Comments

• Lu
      3rd of Apr, 2009
    VMC Satellite - Unauthorized billing
    VMC Satellite
    vmcsatellite.com

I purchased the $29.95 program and never received any money like they promised. I have sent several emails to them, and they have not responded to them to give my $29.95 back.

• Ka
      3rd of Oct, 2009
    VMC Satellite - charge
    vmc satellite
    Virginia
    Phone: 703-636-4600

i was charged a misc. fee on my credit card just for calling about dish network package prices. i think this is unfair business practice. i was never told anything about a fee, and just for calling about pricing? this company is bogus