Vizaweb / Site is down

1 MN, United States Review updated:

My site has been down for three days... I cannot get a reply from anyone associated with them. The DNS doesn't resolve to my site or to they main page. Who knows what business I have lost because of another unexplained outage. Hopefully this time they'll come back long enough for me to get my files and attempt to transfer my domain to another hosting service. Kinda doubt it though.

Comments

#1 DO NOT have your domain registration through your web host
    There are lots of services that specialize in domain registration. I use GoDaddy, but you have a lot of choices for reputable and easy-to-use registrars.

#2 This is not the first time Vizaweb has done this. You can TRY to get your domains by going through vizaweb.myorderbox.com. If vizaweb has them locked, you're kind of stuck.

I went through this same scenario a couple of years ago. I finally managed to get my domains out through that back door. Rick Mueller, the owner of Vizaweb, had all kinds of excuses last time.

If you manage to get your domains back, then I hope you have backups of your web sites to install to a new host.

Good luck

• Ji
      22nd of Nov, 2008

Having same issue with Vizaweb -- totally gone. Thanks for the tip about vizaweb.myorderbox.com; unfortunately, it doesn't recognize any credentials I try to give it.

• Ge
    Vizaweb - Lost Website and Control of Domain Name
    Vizaweb
    vizaweb.com

Vizaweb appears to have gone out of business - at least domain names don't resolve and no answer to emails and telephone calls. I registered two domains with them, but they have listed themselves falsely as the registrant - thereby not allowing me to transfer the domains.

• To
      23rd of Nov, 2008

Same Problem... Vizaweb appears to have shut down. This is VERY bad business... to leave us dead in the water. I'm going to contact the Minnesota Attorney General's office.