Vivitar ViviCam 6330s / Defective battery!

I purchased a Vivitar ViviCam 6330s in 10/2006 from Office Depot. It was a wonderful little camera with a sharp screen and produced great prints. That's where the good news ends. I only got 30 pictures on a charge and I was having trouble putting the battery in and taking it out of its casing. It looked like the battery had been sliced at the top, so I thought it was defective. I was able to finally make contact with a representative (after many tries) who told me to return the battery and they would replace it. I shipped it to Vivitar in California on 1/27/07 and verified a week later that they had my old battery. When I didn't receive a new battery or hear from them in about a week to 10 days, I called again and was told that the batteries were backordered and I would have to wait till Mid March for a new battery! That meant another 6 weeks! When mid March came and went, I tried to contact them again, and again, and again, etc. It has become impossible to reach them by phone, email, or fax. They don't respond to any form of communication. I have even written a letter to the CEO to describe their terrible customer service, and haven't heard from him or his representatives. What kind of company is this? I reported them to the Better Business Bureau also and haven't had a response. I am totally frustrated over this issue, as I can't use the camera. The battery isn't sold anywhere but through Vivitar, as it is a specialized battery.

Vivitar
20480 E. Business Parkway
City of Industry, CA 91789
[protected] (phone)
[protected] (fax)

Note: I originally mailed my battery to Vivitar in Oxnard CA which was the address shown on the website. I assumed they have moved, as the website is now showing the City of Industry address. That is where I sent the complaint letter to the CEO.

Comments

19th of Sep, 2007

Vivitars 6330s is sold in Chicago, don't lose any accessories for this camera because you can't buy them. I've checked every store in the city nobody sells vivitar accessories. Oxnard Calif. their factory base is the only place you can order stuff from. Its bad enough I lost my charger for this camera, but now I have to pay shipping, besides the cost of parts.

• Je
      31st of Oct, 2007

The very same thing is currently happening to me! Vivtar has AWFUL customer service - not to mention the fact that I usually have to wait on hold for an hour before I get to speak with anyone! I just sent a claim to the Better Business Bureau today... I guess we'll see what happens!!

14th of Mar, 2008

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, MY CHARGER ITS NOT WORKING AND I HAVE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHEAR AND I CAN NOT FOUND IT, UNTIL I CALL THE TELEPHONE NUMBER IN THE COMPLAIN ABOVE AND THEY ASK ME TO CALL BACK NEXT FRIDAY TO ORDER IT FROM THEM

• Lu
      10th of Apr, 2008

My charger does not work, it seems like it is starting to burn up. I can't find a replacement. I have only used this camera 5 or 6 times since I have digital SLRs and this was bought for convenience. I guess its best never to buy from Vivitar again, will stick with Nikon.

10th of Jul, 2008

They are the worst i customer service. I bought this camera december of 2006 and I only use for two weeks when the battery died and I could not recharge again. Since then I have tried several times to get a new battery but they always say that is on back order. i should have returned the camera. My mistake I guess. I will never buy anything from them again.

19th of Aug, 2008

I also bought my Vivitar 6300s in August 2007 and took less than 20 photos and the battery ran down so after every 5-10 shots i have to charge the battery and this resulted in the charger not working now. I have lost all confidence in Vivitar products due to the unprofessional customer service from Vivitar

• Ni
      15th of Mar, 2009

I bought mine in 2006 - I didn't have any battery or charger problems then, but 2 nights ago I put the battery on the charger after not having used it for a while and found out that the battery no longer holds a charge. :(