VIV3 Labsacai berry & colon cleanse

J Review updated:

I ordered the supposed free trial (£3.95 postage cost) for acai berry and life cleanse. Yesterday my account was debited £76 for each product! I only wish that I had done some research before I ordered this. I have phoned the number on the comformation email but was told I can only resolve this by email which I wont hold my breath about! Has anyone actually ever recieved their money back and if so how do I go about doing this?
This company is unethical and preys on vulnrable people who need help and actually want to loose weight. I will never give my card details out again on the internet in future but it was a hard lesson to learn.

Jan 16, 2009
    Acasi Berry - No order just a sample
    Chustnut Overseas LTD
    1285 Baring Blvd #297
    Sparks
    Nevada
    Phone: [protected]

I wanted a smple and they said if not cancelled in 15 days sent more and charged me for them $89. 95

• P
      Feb 07, 2009
    Acasi Berry - cancel

CANCEL MY SHIPMENT- I RECEIVED YOUR TRIAL AND DO NOT WANT ANY MORE

• A
      Jun 20, 2009

I have hust been charged £72 each for Acai Berry and Life cleanse but only wanted the month free trial and only paid for postage. Has any one got a phone number or address for this company? HELP!

Regards Alison

• F
      Jun 21, 2009

The phone # I used is: [protected] and was able to talk to a person to cancel and also to receive an RMA.

• Z
      Jun 21, 2009

hi is the phone number in the UK or US? If in US what code did you use? What is RMA? Thanks

• A
      Jun 22, 2009

Hi i have just been charged £76 when i only ordered free trial which i got about a week ago. I have emailed viv3labs to complain and try to cancel this. have not heard anything as of yet but i cant afford for this money to be taken. I chose the acai brry detox as it was on the top 3 list of ones which are supposed to work as on tv by Dr Oz. Worst of all it has not even helped me to lose weight!

Jun 26, 2009

i only got charged £4.00 THIS IS WHY:

just before you send the order fro your trail there are boxes to the left, or beneath, or somewhere on that page, it says "also include these:" and it will have a box saying "1 month subscription to my diet.com" and "acai berry 500g bottel". these boxes are ticked and under you order it will have a very small font and it says "total:£76", if you untick the boxes it will go down to £4.00 or so.

be carefull, the fight aint over yet:

acai is fine, nothing to wory about. but life clense will rebill you £76 every month, you cant stop this. if you read to the right of the order confirmation before you actually clock "confirm" there will be some writing . it says it will rebill you for £76 every month or so with a 500g bottel and to cancel you phone viv3labs but it will cost you to cancel.

i am trying to cancel by email, this way they cant charge me. and if they say i need to be charges, i will just let them go ahed with the rebill but not have money in my account, so they get nothing. this will hopefully stop further transactions.

Jun 26, 2009

This firm is an absolute rip off!!! my son signed up for the free trial and has now had £364.05 from his credit card without his consent. We contacted the customer services number and they said that they would cancel any further payments. We then emailed customer support for a refund but they refused saying that he had agreed to the Terms and Conditions but there was no mention of an ongoing payment on the website. We have now contacted BBC Watchdog on this matter.

• P
      Jun 29, 2009

HOPE THE FOLLOWING HELPS:

I've been in sales before so just as a heads-up, if you see "RISK-FREE TRIAL" always remember this is NOT the same as a FREE TRIAL.

ALWAYS read Ts & Cs before placing any order for any product online, free or otherwise.

This company IS a ###, because their clauses are very tight, ie they state you must cancel BEFORE 15 days, if you are scrupulous then read this as cancelling on the 14th day or even before, don't leave it till the 15th day! Also they state that day 1 is the day you ordered, not the day you receive, so again I'd count INCLUDING that day, not 14 days AFTER that date.

Schedule reminders in your mobile phone and in your diary for the 14th day with the number/email details to cancel, so you are not caught out looking for information at the last minute, and if that day lands on a weekend I always go for the weekday just before to be on the safe side!

The NUMBERS to CANCEL, listed in their Ts and Cs: [protected] and [protected]

You CAN beat the system, it just takes a bit more time and work to read the small print - hope this helps for your future freebies.

• W
      Jul 04, 2009

I have also been subjected to this, I paid for the 'free trial' however I did not recieve the items so emailed the company requesting an update then the next day calling the support line number to cancel I was given two cancellation numbers which I was asked to email to [protected]@viv3.com.
    Unfortunately the company had already generated a payment of £73.66 and then they requested another payment of £73.66 a few days later for I presume the colon cleanse.
    I contacted my bank advised them of the number of emails I had sent to Viv3 and have also sent e-mails requesting reimbursement of monies paid without receiving the goods.
    Now I have blocked my card to prevent the company taking anything else, whether or not I get reimbursed is another thing, because it appears they do not respond to e-mails and the support centre staff at the end of the telephone can only forward information to this company they cannot actually do anything about refunds.
    The old adage 'you live and learn'.

• B
      Jul 06, 2009

im very pleased ive seen this, i have recieved the free trial for both pills.i have just phoned my bank and cancelled my debit card, they class it as lost. i would of thought this would stop the scamming viv3lab ltd from takeing my money. but the girl at the bank says they still might take it as i give them my details.how angry i feel about this is arrrr.i said how the hell can they still take money if the card is cancelled, i felt as if the bank was in on it :( as long as they have not tried to take it yet, i should be ok. they also charged me £1.50 on each bottle in service cost.this is not mentioned in the ordering part. i might have only had the ammount for the pills in my account, takeing this further £3 could of sent me overdrawn incuring costs from my bank.people who run these scams and intend to inflicked misery to others should be sent to jail for at least 5 years.why does the goverment and banks let them get away with these things. shame on them as much as the scammers.

Jul 07, 2009

UPDATE

i got anothe rbottle of colon clense in the mail. it said it had cost £79!! even though i had an email through to say my repeated order was cancled. well i cheked my bank and because i only had £72 in my account, they couldnt debit it. so i got their product, and they didnt get the money!! i win!! sort of...

i had a problem, this time with my body. i dont know whihc one of the two products it was bust after about 1 week of using the products i started to have horrible stomach pains. it was really painfull. i have stopped taking them and the pain has stopped. and anyways, it says you can loose like 9lb in 1 week. i didnt loose anything!

total scam.

why arn't watchdog looking at this!

• O
      Jul 07, 2009

I have just managed to cancel payments on both products using the 0808 number. I see that this scamming company only started trading in February this year. Let's try and stop anyone else getting conned - I'm writing to Watchdog, and if lot's of people do it maybe we can get something done.

Jul 07, 2009

I can only agree with all of the above comments. The company is completely uncaring and heartless. I have lost nearly £160 to them for two pots of useless tablets. DO NOT GO NEAR THEM. As another person said, how on earth are companies like this allowed to get away with it.
    I have had emails from them saying they will refund the money, but it never arrives, the contact telephone number puts you through to the Customer Service Desk which must be manned by the most hard faced people you could ever imagine. They must be getting a cut for every sucker they pull in.

I say again in no uncertain terms DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS COMPANY

• Z

Dear Customer Service !

Please, in this case Storno my order !
    Order No.:[protected]
    > This sum, already ten times ! than the price of the mask his own.
    > He is not worth an expense of this size for me.

Jul 10, 2009

Wow, I received my order for the Acai Berry & Life Cleanse only a few days ago. I read about the 15day trial period & have today contacted the number on the invoice to cancel any further subscriptions. I'm hoping that this will be the end but after having read all these complaints I'm thinking I'm in for a long run-in with this company. Luckily I used an old bank account of mine so they won't be able to get anymore money out of me but this will not stop my bank from charging me for them trying to take the money! I wish I had done a little more homework & found this site before I ordered ... only came accross this site as I was looking for contact information on Viv3 labs!!!

Jul 10, 2009

I have just been billed for 82.95 for acai berry and 82.95 for detox cleanse which I never ordered. I contacted the phone number and received very little help, however they reassured me my name had been removed from the data base and no more charges would be made. I also contacted my credit card company who advised me to contact customer service operation charge backs and lodge my complaint there giving all details of contact with this company. Hopefully there will be some light at the end of the tunnel

Eileen

Jul 11, 2009

I wish i had seen this before i ordered the acai berry and life cleanse detox!! I paid 3.95 for shipping but checked my account on thursday (09/07/09) to discover that viv3 labs have taken £75.93 out of my account! My bank have blocked my card and i have rang and e-mailed viv3 labs and i have an e-mail to say everything has been cancelled but the money is still not back in my account and the bank cannot do anything until it shows up on my bank statement.

Viv3 labs are a total rip off who prey on vulnerable people they need to be stopped before more people are conned out of their hard earned money!

Jul 11, 2009

I to have been scammed from this company and have tried e mailing and phoning for a refund they have taken 3 payments of £75.00 each from my account i have recieved 1 bottle of pills in which i have not opened cos i do not want them but i cannot get a reply . i have also e mailed wathdog after reading the comments on this site as this company has to be stopped.

Jul 11, 2009

i went to my bank today to get my wages out to pay my rent and buy food for me and my children yet when i got there i found that 2x 76.47 had been taken out by this company i phoned my bank who said they have had a number of complaints about this company but until it shows on my statment they can not do anythink, and that they may not be able to get the money back, they gave me the number to phone the company which did not answer. i feel really bad that i let myself get conned as this mistake means i cant afford to buy food for my children or pay my rent till nxt week do these companys not think off the affects there causing buy taking this money out surly they should have to write to you to tell you that there going to be taking the money out and what date they would be taking it like other companys have to. if your like me you sighned up for the free trial because you couldn't afford to pay the prices they want, i also have wrote to watchdog to see if they could do anythink.

Jul 13, 2009

thanks to reading al your comments, i have just rang the 0808 number to cancel whatever i may have signed up to, i only placed the order for days ago which means im within the 15 day free trial, so just wanted to ask any of you have already rang and cancelled your trial too, after doing so were you still charged for anything extra????

• X

Hi everyone

I have too had two payments of £75 taken from my account. I've found internet shopping no hassle until this happened. As you can imagine, i'm pretty angry and ring the company almost every day. they say my case is now closed but no offer of a refund is forthcoming.

I am going to get in touch with my bank, and like others, have been in touch with Watchdog today. someone out there is sitting there with pots of cash. the customer services are based in barcelona. the tablets supposably are packed in scotland.

I am ringing my bank tonight to cancel my card. when i telephoned them a few days ago they said they may be able to charge viv3 labs by tracing where the payment went? we'll see, i'll let you know. The alliance and Leicester are pretty good. Thing is, the website has this warning stating just five minutes to hold the offer and yet they expect you to read through all their terms and conditions? major con and i would for everyone to keep chasing and get them named and shamed and hopefully for everyone to get their money back.

• L
      Jul 13, 2009

All I wanted to do was loose a little weight...I'm going to loose tons now under this stress.

I got sucked into the free trial and didn't realise what this company was all about until I searched safe dosages of this product on the internet.

I too like hundreds of others went straight into panic mode when I started to read the complaints about this company. I tried ringing them on the numbers stated, but ended up being told by the operator that the number didn't exsist...surprise surprise, so for those who have managed to get through on the number stated, lucky you.

I mailed viv3 labs with thretas of police if they didn't respond to me within one working day to cancel my order, as I'm Well within my cancelation period. To my surprise they actually replied telling me my order was cancelled and they would take no more money!!

We will see, because from the comments I've been reading I feel my banks in for a serious dent.

I just rushed out and drew out all I could in cash until tomorow, until I can get hold of my bank, in fear that when I go there tomorrow, I will be penniless.

I feel sick to my stomach that I got sucked into this...I hate these people for this, it's fraud and I agree they deserve to do time for it. I really do hope with people like us contacting watchdog etc, these ### are brought to justice.

Luckly I haven't taken my tablets either, because I've been reading horror stories of severe stomach cramps etc...it's all just one big con.

BEWARE...BEWARE...BEWARE...BEWARE...BEWARE...

Jul 14, 2009

I just recieved my free bottle of pure nutrients detox cleanse. after reading all the complaints i called and caneled. i had to sit on hold for 20 min but someone did pick up. when i tried to cancel they kept trying to push it on me for a cheaper price. when i caneled i told them that i read the complaints and i have the phone call recorded, and if my account is charged one penny i will file for fraud!! they responded with " some BS stating that the complaints had nothing to do with them, but i spoke firmly. they gave me a confirmation number for the cancelation. hopefully i will not be charged anymore.

Jul 15, 2009

HI to all thoses who have been toltally ripped of by a scamming company, i have just received my statement fromthe bank and they have taken a amount of £82.95 na d afurther 2 transactions of £76.83 for somethingthat i havent received or even asked for these transactions have been made without my authority, i have been onto the support team whom say i can only email regarding this problem, and aslo i can send back items but will not be refunded (WHAT ) WHAT TYPE OF COMPAY DOES THIS ??????)I HAVE EMAILED THEM WITH THE DETAILS AND TRASACTIONS MADE I HAVE BEEN ON TO MY BANK NAD MY CARD HAS BEEN STOPPED AND A FORM HAS BEEN FILLED IN BY MYSELF SAYING THAT I DONT NO OF THESE TRANSACTIONS ONLY OF 1 FOR THE AMOUNT OF £3.71 HOPE THIS COMESTO A END IF ANYONE HAS DONE THE SAME AS ME GOOD LUCK WITH THE REFUNDS AND DELETE ALLOFTHIS COMPANY .

Jul 15, 2009

NEUTRAL

• L
      Jul 18, 2009

OK, I have printed out these two pages with everyone's complaint and written a letter to Watchdog with the address of the company. Hopefully we can get something going and all get our money back!

Sharon

• I

Hi

I bought this Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse 2 weeks ago, on the same day realising it was a scam from the customer's comments which i came to check only after the payment. The next day i went to the bank and get my debit card replaced with a new one. Lucky me, i was only charge £5 per bottle. BUT having been able to avoid this money scam, something really bad is happening after taking this acai berry and colon clease for a few days, i had an internal bleeding and stomach has been feeling really bloated, i wasn't overweight and was perfectly normal with 3 meals a day diet as per normal, weighing 54kgs for 164cm, obviously this products are causing some threats to the health. There is a label on it that says "This product has not been evaluated by the Food and Drugs Administration" which means this company is selling something that has not even been tested of its suitability for consumption. Hope everyone knows about this and if you find yourself suffering from internal bleeding better stop taking them immediately, the product may be life threathening and post health risk.

Internal bleeder

Viv3 Labs - unauthorised bank charge
    viv3 labs
    United Kingdom

i have also been caught out by this company, i was not properly informed that i was goin to be charged for the product, until £75 was taken from my account without consent, i contacted the company who told me that i had gone over my trial days and it was now a subscription, they have since cancelled the contract and i am trying to get a refund which doesnt look hopeful, how is this allowed to happen

• Y
      Jul 19, 2009

The firm that supplies this is

VIV3LAB LTD.
    UNIT 5
    MILL ROAD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
    LINLITHGOW
    EH49 7QY
    Company No. SC355277

Trading since 2/09.

For those of you including my Mrs. who have been scammed, you have several courses of redress. The simplest is through your credit card company. The terms and conditions are so ambiguous this should be successful for a reverse charge. In addition, there are many complaints of the company not even adhering to their own terms eg. charging within the trial period, billing when account is cancelled.

In addition, this firm are clearly not compliant from a trading standards point of view. Complain to them at http://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=264. Even if you manage to get a refund from your card, it is worth still raising it with Trading Standards to help protect others.

Other redress is to seek remedy through the small claims court (Sherriff's court). http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/locations/index.asp?crt=lin .
    This is not as daunting as it sounds and you should not need a solicitor to proceed.

In England, this company would also be treading on very thin ice in realtion to a criminal offence of deception. 60 ACAI capsules from Holland and Barrett would cost £7.50, so they are charging nearly 10x this ammount. Most important is to warn others, friends etc. who may be tempted to sing up for the 'free trial'!!

Jul 20, 2009

hi just thought id add to all of your comments! I am in the same situation as most of you, signed up to the 'free trial' one week ago, I obviously agreed to shipping charges but have had £75 for both the products acaiburn and life cleanse charged to my account without my authorisation. I havent recieved either of them yet and was only aware of the charges because of the fraud prevention customer services phonecall from credit card company. As I knew I hadnt authorised the payments my card has been cancelled. I immediately called the so called 'customer support' lines insisting on the cancellation of both products and to demand a refund. The latter part of the request has not been acknowledged and I must admit, got very cross with the 'customer advisors' who didnt even know their managers name when i requested to speak to them.

This is the first time I have ever signed up to one of these free trials and I cant beleive I let myself get sucked into such a scam. Its a disgrace that they are allowed to get away with it and I only hope that I do not get any more money taken from my account. Im so angry with them and I just wanted to add my views just to try and make sure other people dont get sucked into it - unfortunately I know it will continue to happen. Sharon, Good luck with trying to fight them legally I hope this email helps towards the case.

Jul 20, 2009

I have had the same happen to me except I've not received no product and £75.95 has been taken out of my account.
    If anyone has a solution please leave a comment.

Jul 20, 2009

Me too: two transactions of over £75 each taken from my credit card on the same day. My credit card company have cancelled the payments and now stopped my card, so I am lucky that I wont actually lose the money and they have also said that the matter will be passed to their security/fraud section. No small print/terms and conditions in the packaging, or the confirmation email from VIV3 whatever they say.
    Please avoid them, I was told they were is Israel and another comment on this board says Cyprus, so goodness knows where they will pop up next.

Jul 21, 2009

I am horrified by the comments I have read - yes, I too have been taken in by what seemed like a friendly and plausable business. Imagine being such a looser that you would work for them, bad enough being used by them. Good luck Sharon, I am going to try my bank and trading standards, and if it is plausable will join you in a legal challenge.

Jul 22, 2009

i ordered from this company too, goods not received yet monies taken from my account even after i had phoned and said not received goods and cancelled orders

• J
    kings lynn
    England, Norfolk
    United Kingdom
    [protected]@tiscali.co.uk

after offering free samples +postage, they proceeded to debit my account by £152 in july 2009, ive requested a credit for same amount and stopped any further ordering of thier products. please try and stop this underhand practice by labs offering free samples as a carrot to catch old people out. regards mr j a ball 72yr old pensioner.

Jul 24, 2009

recieved free trial, then 1 month later i got 2 payments pending in my account of 76.23, but my bank say they cant reverse the payments back into my bank, i had a bank charge of £35 for going over my limit.im at my wits end.i have cancelled my bank card but i dont know what to do next,

• N
      Jul 24, 2009

Oh my god!! Im not alone!
    Ive been completely scammed like the rest of you- What a rip off.
    Trying a credit crunch way to help me loose wieght now two transactions of £75.08 have appeared on my credit card statment. JUST WHAT I NEED!!!
    I am devastated i have been taken for a ride- Phoned them and they cancelled future payments ( apparently!) and she just said its my own fault for not reading ts and cs. I told her i never saw any as advert was a pop up and she said there wouldve been a link to a ts and cs website somewhere??!
    How useless- Ill back you all up for watchdog, i have very little hope of ever seeing my money again. i could cry, im really struggling to repay my credit card as it is!
    Good luck let us know if you get anywhere or email me [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

Jul 24, 2009

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you to you all for your posts. I too fell for this hook line and sinker - what makes me really angry is that I found this through an advertisment on MSN - surely they check companies out before pushing their products. As soon as I read all your posts I e-mailed viv3 back to cancel my accounts (they set up separate ones for the acai and detox tablets - and then phoned my bank and cancelled the card I used for the transactions as this will mean they cannot take anything further. Luckily the only payments that were showing so far were two for about £0.20 each. I feel totally stupid for doing this but am glad to know I am not alone. If any support is required for the Watchdog complaint let me know !!!

Melanie.

Jul 24, 2009

If you read my post 'Re something must be done about this' you might find that what I've written helpful. It's a long post but if you scroll down to the bottom, the information about Unfair Terms in Contracts may be useful to you. I have emailed viv3labs with this and I'm waiting for their reply. Lets hope they're ### themselves now because I'm sure that I may be right My credit card company have sent me a dispute claim form and if I don't get a refund from viv3labs I whave to send a copy of all my correspondence (and shipping receipt) to them to demonstrate the efforts I have made to get my money back. They will then take over the dispute and I feel quite confident that I will eventually be reimbursed.

I am so incensed at this scam that I am going to try and find out how we can get this Company investigated in the UK. Apparently this is already happening in the USA.

When I find out who to contact I will post it on this site and hope that everybody will join in to nail the ###!!!

Good luck
    Christine

PS: I've just realised that I cancelled my account with them 0n 13th day of the trial by email and then again by telephone to their customer services on 14th day...for which I got a name and a cancellation code. So they haven't a leg to stand on and if they refuse to pay me back, I think my credit card company will have to and then they will have to chase viv3labs themselves. Hope it works out one way or the other