viv3 labs, lifecleanse / Refusal to give refund

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I fell for the "free trial". It was my own fault, I did not read the part that said it is only 15 days of free trial, then you get charged. I went through a site that redirected me to order both lifecleanse and acai berry. I ordered both. After discovering the huge charges on my credit card, I have cancelled them both and asked both companies fro refunds. the acai pills were from America, they were very helpful and gave me a local address to send the bottle back to, and said I would receive a refund within 5 working days of them receiving it. (Fingers crossed!!!) The lifecleanse pills were from the UK. They will only respond via email, I have tried calling but been given a number and told to email the supervisor. They have told me that the terms and conditions state that I am not entitled to a refund!!! This is complete rubbish. I copied and pasted the section on their website which says I AM intitled to a refund and sent it back to them. I am very unhappy. Will update when I get a reply. GRRRRR!!!

Ra

Comments

24th of Jul, 2009

If you read my post 'Re something must be done about this' you might find that what I've written helpful. It's a long post but if you scroll down to the bottom, the information about Unfair Terms in Contracts may be useful to you. I have emailed viv3labs with this and I'm waiting for their reply. Lets hope they're ### themselves now because I'm sure that I may be right My credit card company have sent me a dispute claim form and if I don't get a refund from viv3labs I whave to send a copy of all my correspondence (and shipping receipt) to them to demonstrate the efforts I have made to get my money back. They will then take over the dispute and I feel quite confident that I will eventually be reimbursed.

I am so incensed at this scam that I am going to try and find out how we can get this Company investigated in the UK. Apparently this is already happening in the USA.

When I find out who to contact I will post it on this site and hope that everybody will join in to nail the ###!!!

Good luck
    Christine

PS: I've just realised that I cancelled my account with them 0n 13th day of the trial by email and then again by telephone to their customer services on 14th day...for which I got a name and a cancellation code. So they haven't a leg to stand on and if they refuse to pay me back, I think my credit card company will have to and then they will have to chase viv3labs themselves. Hope it works out one way or the other

13th of Aug, 2009

This company is such a rip off! I fell for the same scam as you guys, and lost £85. I put a complaint into my bank (abbey) who said they couldnt help me and Viv3 labs refuse to refund my money because i cancelled on the 16th day noit the 15th! Does any one know how i can get my money back from them? Im all outta ideas. How can you have a 15 day free trial when my product didnt even arrive until 10 days later??