Vitapal.com / Consumer beware

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I wouldn't recommend this company. Based on my experiences, they are a waste of time. It is stated on average, their customers receive orders in 5 - 7 business days. I placed an order for advertised products on May 8, 2008. Nothing stated the items were not in stock. They sent me "junk" emails. On May 16, I received another email stating the items were on backorder but since they had outstanding relationships with manufacturers and suppliers they normally receive shipments within 2 - 3 days...blah, blah, blah. On May 23rd, they came up with another excuse...the items should be in stock by May 27th. May 29th...my items we not shipped. I wouldn't believe a word they say. What a joke!

Dr

Comments

• Cu
      2nd of Jun, 2008

We make every effort to get orders shipped out as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologize for the delay with the Born Free Product Line. These products have been placed on backorder by the manufacturer.

Unfortunately, they cannot confirm when they will release another shipment. As soon as we receive more information from them we will inform our customers.

To obtain more information regarding this please go directly to Born Free website- www.newbornfree.com.

• Dr
      6th of Jun, 2008

This is not what I am complaining about...Vitapal.com didn't notify me the items were not in stock and mislead me after doing so. I was in and out of Babies R Us multiple times...they had plenty of the Born Free products. It was a few weeks before I found out I got screwed. A little honesty would have saved everyone here a lot of time. Don't blame your mistakes on others. This company is probably the worst online vendor I have dealt with.

• Ca
      12th of Jun, 2008

I have to agree. They are horrible with their customer service as well. I have called the number 2 dozen times to check the status of my order and cannot get an answer. This is ridiculous. They are so unprofessional. I will NEVER order from them again and I will make sure to let everyone I know about them. Pathetic...

• Kr
      18th of Jul, 2008

Wow...I completely disagree with these comments. I too placed an order for baby bottles, and although my order was backordered as well, I di d receive answers to my emails and phone calls. I eventually got a replacement triple pack for the twin pack I originally ordered. I found their customer service reps to be very helpful and accomodating. You can't blame them if something is not available from the manufacturer. Plus, their prices beat anyone out there. I'll shop with VitaPal.com again for sure!

• Ge
      3rd of Mar, 2010

This company is terrible. My order was never shipped and the postal service had no record of package ever entering their facility for shipment. When I called the company nearly a month later, their "helpful and accommodating" customer service rep told me, "This is not our problem." Seriously?

I also did some additional research about Vitapal on consumer advocate websites. It seems Vitapal is known for not sending orders or sending incomplete orders.

I will never use their website in the future for myself nor recommend them to my friends or clients. While their prices might be lower compared to national chain stores, it is not worth the hassle of never receiving an order or dealing with their customer service.