vitamin shampoo/ vitamin conditioner / ripoff! new line

1 Haverhill, United States Review updated:

do not buy the new shampoo and contioner line from the original "vitamin water" line! i ran to the store to pick something up and saw a huge sign saying free shampoos and conditioners! i approached and says on bottle "try for free" of course i didnt believe it was free, but i opened the tiny paper and says "Every bottle is on us! simply mail this, along with your original reciept to---- and get 100% money back!" fine print-"up to 6.99 value will be refunded by cash if mailes within 30 days of reciept" simple right? well i thought they were cute and smelled really good so i bought 4 shampoos and 4 conditioners, one of each of the types of scents. and figured id keep a shampoo and a conditioner and try it out and give the rest as stocking stuffers. i mean they r free right? i pay a WHOPPING $65.72. which is okay bc im going to be ALMOST fully refunded as promised. i get home excitedly, i cannot believe this deal! i immediately start to fill out the tiny form, when it opens up again? theres more fine print? "Offer limited to (1) request, for (1) product per household or address." so now the fine print has its own fine print? what is that?! i never in my life would of spent 65 dollars on 8 SMALL bottles of shampoo, i like the salon kind and usually pay 20-30 for a HUGE amount! im highly upset, as it is my own fault for not thoroughly reading thru, but they trick u by all the first writing, and then it opens up again only when u are to open the bottle! (its attached around the neck of the bottle opening)...so beware things that sound too good to be true!

He

Comments

An
  5th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Always read the fine print. Let that be a lesson to you. If it sounds too good to be true, it must be. Did you really think you could buy the entire store out of product and they would refund all your money? I am amazed the company was offering one bottle free in the first place!

Anthony

Br
  10th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I agree with Anthony - You definitely should always read the fine print. I, too bought the Vitamin Shampoo (and love it, might I add), but I only bought one knowing that they weren't going to give away more than one free bottle of their product. I then went to Walgreen's where I found it on sale for Buy One, Get One, so I bought two conditioners. I honestly can't take this as a serious complaint against Vitamin Shampoo or its products, purely because it was a mistake made by the consumer, not a "trick" set out there by the company.

A1
  4th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

it doesnt take a genius to know that most of those rebates are one per person. it was nice conditioner, dont give it a bad rating because of your stupidity.

Ma
  27th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

which vitamin water shampoo is this? is it Organix line? if it is, i agree, there products are junk!! I got mines from walgreens and returned it.

Ke
  3rd of Feb, 2010

Fine prints are occur everywhere...Credit card company do it all the time! Why don't the Federal put a stop to it? Well, they are not violation any laws or practice, it just because of our greed and stupidity to think otherwise. its up to us to read the fine print. Sometimes we have to admit that we allow greed to take over when we see something that sounds too good to be true. From the previous person who complaint about the $$$ she paid, she simply let her guard down and let greed take over. Don't blame these companies that are trying to fool us! It's up to us to be careful when comes to these offers. Aside from that, I think the shampoo is great. I use it and like it!

Ku
  23rd of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

U paid roughly $7 for each bottle? I paid about $2 for each bottle and actually like it a lot...

2nd of May, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I did the rebate and got it, no problems. Pretty obvious there'd be a limit. You'd think you'd be able to buy 100 and get 100 free? Or maybe they'd all ring up free? They should complain against you for giving them a bad name for no reason.

The sad thing is when you search for Vitamin shampoo this is one of the first things that comes up on google. I also love it, but can't find it anymore in any of the stores I used to buy it at, kind of worried they stopped making it

Je
  13th of Aug, 2010

wow sad poor girl ha...lol but yeah I also bought the shampoo at walgreens buy one get one free and it was also on sale so I got 2 bottles for 1.50...super cheap and I love the shampoo. But yeah I have been looking for this shampoo at store and am unable to find it anywhere.

Er
  30th of Jul, 2011

I love in Australia and I have recently found this shampoo and conditioner in Priceline Pharmacies... I love this product it cost me $3 a bottle... and the main reason i bought it as it as has NO PARABENS!! We dont have any give away get one free thing.. Just thought i would google it and as someone said earlier this is the first thing that pops up..