Vital Rez V / unauthorized credit card charge

1 Hollywood, FL, United States Review updated:

I am a retired criminal investigator and was scammed by SWM Laboratories when they offered a free trial of VITAL REZ V for just $3.95 S&H. The product never arrived, but they charged my credit card $87.13. Having dealt with criminls like this many times, I called my credit card company and immediately notifed them, but they had already authorized the charge and would not force the company to credit me back. So I cancelled my credit card.

I finally got the fraud division on the line and they got SWM on the phone and I proceeded to get into a screaming match with the SWM person and told them they were a bunch of ### and would do whatever I could to help institutionalize them in a Florida prison. So here's how I am handling this. I immediately contacted the Florida State Attorney General's office of Consumer protection at [protected] and then filed a complaint on line. The consumer fraud person I spoke to on the phone said that this company is under active investigation and they welcome additional complaints.

Next I called NBC Channel 6 (WTVJ) at [protected] and asked them to begin a consumer affairs investigation into this company and they are interested. I have volunteered to do an interview with them. This will force the AG's office to step it up a bit.

I also asked Wells Fargo Credit Card Division who can be reached at [protected] to stop honoring any and all transactions from this comapny. They are reviewing the situation right now. If they don't, I am going to do my banking elsewhere. So, get on the phone and make your voices heard. ONE DEDICATED PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

St

Comments

• Ge
      30th of Apr, 2009

Hi, I also had ordered and item from SWM Laboratories and didn't have much luck with getting a refund.
    After trying for several days to cancel. I finally spoke with some one but I was charged even after I had cancelled, when I had called to speak with a supervisor I was given so much bull, I could have filled a dumpster with it, they wouldn't give me an address to return the product, he kept stating that he is not authorized to give a return address or a return merchandise number, and even if I returned it I wouldn't get a refund, but they will cancell any future shipments, so what can I do to get my money back.

• Co
      20th of May, 2009

I was charged the $87.13 BEFORE the end of a 14 day free trial. I called to have the charge reversed since it overdrew my account; however, I was told that could not be done. I was told a 14 day trial begins when the order is placed. I explained that in the United States a 14 day trial begins when you receive the product. There is no way to trial a product you do not have in your hand. I was told this was explained on the website; however, I neve saw a website. When I placed my order it was a limited link with nothing other than the product I was ordering and a short form to place the order. I got the mega runaround from every customer representative I spoke to. They continued to talk over me when I was trying to get assistance. I called back to get a mailing address because I was going to write a letter but was told they could not give out that information without accessing my order information. I explained I had canceled my order, they did not need my personal information in order to give me their mailing address but was told unless I was willing to provide my information they would have to end the call. All I was able to get out of them was they were in South Florida.

I called back and spoke to another customer service rep who asked what product I wanted to return. I told her and was put put on hold for quite a time. She finally returned and told me the same thing - it is not their procedure to give out their mailing address. I stated that in America if you don't have anything to hide there is no reason not to provide a simple mailing address. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they were all on calls. I told her I could wait and of course was immediately put on hold again.

To top this all off, I did a search for the product and found it at Walgreens for $7.99 which is a far cry from $87.13!!!

Needless to say I will most likely NOT get my money refunded. If I see one other charge from them I will have to go through this again although I am contacting the Florida States Attorney's office and filing a formal complaint.

• Fu
      20th of May, 2009

I have also been scammed by this company. I appreciate the information given about contacting the Florida Attorney Generals office and my credit card company - I will do these things and more. The website I saw was with limited information as well, however, it was plastered with Oprah's name so I will contact Oprah's staff and let them know what kind of company she is endorsing or that they are using her name. I won't stop until I see the demise of this company and the people who are cheating honest people out of their money.

• Cy
      30th of May, 2009

I also ordered this product and another one that was supposed to naturally cleanse your digestive system. They were both supposed to be FREE . I only had to pay $3.95 for shipping and handling. I have been charged. I've been charged $89.31 twice and$87.13 once and $83.18 twice as well. They have charged me much smaller amounts as well. I would like to help get them arrested for taking advantage of people who want to be healthy. I only authorized the $3.95 not any of these other charges. I would like to get my money back, of course, but I know that that will never happen. I WILL cantact the A G and the news station a well. It would be GREAT if all of us got together and filled charges against this company.

• Su
      7th of Jun, 2009

TO ALL THAT HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY VITAL REZ
    I CONTACTED THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW ASK IF THEY THEM
    TO CONSIDER DOING A SHOW ON ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN SCAM BY VITAL REZ .I HAVE A FEELING WE ARE ALL JUST A DROP IN THE BUCKET OF THERE FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY..
    JUST GO TO OPRAH, COM CLICK ON CONTACT US AND YOU CAN WRITE A COMMENT OR IDEA FOR A SHOW.
    I KNOW THIS IS NOT OPRAH'S OR DR.OZ'S FAULT.I HAVE A FEELING THAT MANY PEOPLE NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH VITAL REZ IF THAT SHOW HAD NOT AIRED!
    I WOULD LOVED FILE A LAW SUIT ON THEM.

• Sl
      30th of Jun, 2009

I also was scamed if anybody has information phone # address or any information to share keep it comming keep sending emails to company till you hear you'll get refund then keep waiting till it comes

• Sl
      13th of Aug, 2009

I made the above comment 44 days ago my ordeal started in april, My bank just recovered $189.85 for 2 shiptments . I emailed them often this was for vital-rezv DONT GIVE UP SLANY

• Lo
      24th of Sep, 2009

This is truly unbelievable! How do you stop them from charging your account? I was also scammed and am furious after just getting off the phone.

• Se
      15th of Oct, 2009

I have been dealing with this company for 8 months. I had to cancel my debit card and my Bank was able to refund me for three months of charges of 87.13. I was in contact with the Attorney Generals office here in Florida. Just recieved a letter from them and they say they can not continue with this investigation until I can give them a mailing address for the company. I read a comment by Stewdi in Hollywood Florida.Stewdi do you have an address? Any one who does can contact me by e-mail at TillyMae45@aol.com. I am on disability with brain injury and could use any information on an address. Thankyou!!!

• Cl
    Vital Rez V - unauthorized credit card charge
    France

I placed an order on the site :Vital RezV Free Trial, based on what I had read about the product for a "free" trial bottle of pills and the cost of 18 dollards for mailing international charges. I have received the pills from China 15 days later. Since it was from China I didn't not try it but the next month, I have been charged again for 82 dollars and so on. The site didn't not exist anymore and no tel or international adress. The adress on my packages is in Chinese ??? I just want to cancel and I cannot ! I don't even ask for my money back
    Thanks you to tell people

Christiane

• Gv
    Vital Rez V - Unauthorized charges
    Vital Rez V

I ordered a product on June 18, 2009 and was advised I would be charged 5.95 USD for shipping and handling. After a 14-day trial period, they would then process a charge of 79.95 USD for the product. I never received this product, however on July 3, 2009 they processed the charges.

I have been in numerous emails with this company to no avail- my credit card company is now involved in a dispute process with this company. They have offered a partial refund, a new product, sent me verification of a refund that was an order for a totally different customer, advised they item was shipped but refused delivery- this again was for a customer in the USA- I reside in Canada. They haven't returned phone messages and it appears they continue to play the game until a customer just gives up.

• Bu
    Vital Rez V - Scam and theft
    Vital Rez V

I was suppose to pay $5.95 for a "Free Trial " offer of a product that suppose to take away wrinkles and blemishes from the face. They charged me on my credit card not only $5.95 plus $79.95. The second time I was away and my daughter took care of my mail, another Lift SP bottle came to my address my daughter thought I had bought her another another whooping $79.95. After all of this I told my daughter NO! NO! NO! I did pay for those two orders. The thrid time came in June of 2009 another came to my home and I called my credit card co. and informed them what was happening I was told show me proof. I them called Lift SP in Riverton, UT I was told by their Customer Service once you order you will receive once month, I told her i didn't find anything like that on their Internet program they presented and I want to Cancel it was on June 8, 2009 that I canceled it with a Cancel # 5863C5 and on 30 May 2009 I sent the third order back to Riverton, UT Certified and my green certifaction card indicting it was received by Jon Sparks. I'm not trying to type my life history but folks ordering on the "INTERNET" should be aware and check the background of these money hungary snakes winding through grass just "WAITING FOR YOU AND YOUR CHARGE CARD NUMBER.