VitaClear / Unauthorized charges!

Phone: 603-767-6821

I placed an order with ProActive and was asked if I'd like to try some new vitamins (VitaClear) for only the cost of shipping. ($2.00) I thought they were trying to promote a new proactive product. This was completely wrong. I received the ProActive and a couple of weeks later the vitamins showed up. I got worried when 2 more weeks passed by and a much larger box of the vitamins arrived. I went on line to contact the company and the first web sites that came up were packed with complaints about this product. People claimed it was automatically billed to their credit cards without their permission, and though they had repeatedly contacted the company and canceled the mailings the charges continued. I checked my credit card bill and sure enough there was a $33.00 fee for 1/2 the cost of the box they sent me. (Evidently they bill you the other half a month later .) I called them right away to inform them I would be returning their product and could they please cancel the account I did not create with them. The lady was very pushy about it and I had to state several times over that I wanted the product canceled.

I then proceeded to contact my credit card company and have them suspend the payment. Now I will be sending back this trojan horse (at my own expense of course.) I also canceled my account with ProActive to send the message to them that this kind of scamming is unacceptable and they should disassociate themselves with VitaClear. They canceled my account without question when I mentioned my reasons. Guess they have a lot of angry customers right now.

Ci

Comments

Sa
  12th of Aug, 2008

the same exact thing happened to me except i recieved 2 packages of vita clear and when i called the company to cancel my "account" with them they were very rude and said that they will not be able to refund the money for anything i had already recieved... I then called the ProActiv company and cancelled with them because first they scammed me into ordering this product and second because their product did not work at all..