Vita Novus False ComplaintsNon Validity!

Are we disgruntled again/still? Although I commented earlier, I see more people have come forth (perhaps under disguise) due to lack of integrity and knowledge! Further to my previous comments, I decided today to look into this facility. I am now thoroughly convinced that those lodging such complaints need help badly themselves and the only way to satisfy their own misgivings is to bash someone else's character. In my profession, I learned long ago that anyone who has experienced a life of substance can certainly offer help to those in need. Don't ever underestimate someone's knowledge because of your lack thereof!

As explained earlier, I cannot believe, for the life of me, or comprehend the validity of these complaints!! Am I reading the ramblings of a disgruntled employee or someone who did not complete the program because he or she felt they could go it alone or knew better?? I venture to think this is the case. I admire anyone who can help others recover. I also admire anyone who fulfills his/her obligation as an abuser of substance or alcohol, anyone who enrols in such a program. It’s a first step. Yes, there are wonderful programs such as the ones offered by this facility but folks, it takes you as an individual to first want the help and secondly to continue to help yourself with ongoing treatment, self control, attend your AA meetings etc. I am a retired psychiatric nurse and have dealt with various people who suffered terribly for years from substance abuse; some never made it through. Instead they chose to end it! We all know that abuse by substance, be it alcohol or drugs is a disease and will not cure by itself!! Folks, I don’t believe for one minute what I have read here. These complaints are childish and nothing short of those being lodged by someone suffering from psychological narcissism!!!

Comments

• Um
      Sep 18, 2011

Totally disagree. While it is possible some may be an ex employee, nine pages of comments are not at the hand of one person. It is apparent from the different writing styles. I for one am not an ex employee and can say with absolute certainty that John Haines is an unethical, lying [censored] criminal.
    Anyone who feels otherwise should look for themselves under public records John D Haines. Public court orders of eviction, criminal activity, reports and complaints of impersonation, driving bans etc. Vita Novus a rehab center with a horrible reputation was evicted due to lack of paying rent, and then a new center under a new name under John D Haines opens, Lotus. Why? Staff turnover is outrageous. All these things are verifiable, so if you want to ignore all the fluff and ramblings that is OK, but the facts are the facts. John D. Haines is a total mess and his ex employees all tell the same story.

• Wo
      Sep 18, 2011

I attended an alumni meeting this past week and I happened to mention this Complaint Board and its contents. The subject drew interest among some of my colleagues as some of us, earlier in our careers, had worked in a similar treatment/recovery centre. So a couple of us decided this warranted further research which revealed that these bloggers were not only playing a guessing game but obviously formed their own conclusions from a vindictive stand-point. In other words, get your facts straight folks before making such idiotic and false accusations!!!

Firstly, if you’re not an ex employee, then perhaps you are one who was in recovery?? Otherwise, why the vindictive remarks? Let’s clarify some things here: Let it be known that Vita Novus has never reneged on any payments whatsoever; the allegations made on this board are completely false! Got it? As a matter of fact and for your information, the first location was on a ‘lease-to-own’ basis in which legitimate monthly payments were being made to the vendor. The second location was purchased by another vendor (who purchased the first location for his own abode) simply because there was a need for expansion. This location was also on a ‘lease-to-own’ basis where legitimate monthly payments were continuously met but didn’t close due to the greedy vendor wanting more, thus taking back his offer. In July 2010 there was a huge deposit made (was never defaulted) and once again, the premises DID NOT close due to any ‘default payments’ whatsoever (the vendor kept the money, close to $500, 000) but he will not get off that easy as this continues to be part of ongoing court proceedings! So, contrary to those false accusations made here (none of which were ever substantiated), Vita Novus NEVER left due to an eviction notice, but rather, moved to a bigger and better facility under the name of Lotus, which, by the way, is a program offered by Vita Novus!
    If you had all done your homework (research), you might have thought twice about your blogs but then again, maybe not! Bloggers like yourself are so vindictive that you’ll stop at nothing in your attempts to degrade someone.
    All those other comments made on this board were obviously done by thesame disgruntled employees and/or patients who continue to be in denial by blatantly refusing to complete any program or seek further help offered by these programs! Oh yes, IP identification reveals that this is a handful of the same disgruntled people posting over and over again! People like you who try to damage the reputation of their victim, turn other people against him and his facility and then post false information about him on websites. I’m sure that others have been stalked, harassed, defamed, or flamed by vindictive narcissists like you. Furthermore, research has shown that the person you (& others) are slandering, has never himself denied being in recovery. That information has always been made known both on his website and to all prospective clients. I would venture to bet that many of you (the accusers) have been through the courts yourselves and know what we speak of here!! I would think from a healing standpoint, that being in recovery would serve as an ideal person to assist others who desperately seek help (like giving back to the community).

Oh and incidentally, staff turnover was necessary mainly because some were neither qualified nor good enough to help others or didn’t have the passion required for the position. Consequently, they were replaced and the complainers you see here are venting because they were fired! So bottom line is, from what I understand, all 9 pages of what you see here will soon be removed by a court order already in process. Cowards who slander John or anyone (for that matter) never acknowledge their identity so obviously they are in denial themselves, hiding behind their computers. Oh and you know with certainty that John is an unethical lying criminal? That is definitely ‘slander’! In addition you have not only publicly mentioned him by name but have gone on to mention his home address! I’m sure you know that from a legal point of view, this would be considered an invasion of privacy and once again, ‘slander’. Do you really think that you can’t be identified by your IP address? Think again, you can easily be traced even though you hide behind your false identities and locations! It’s quite obvious by various comments made on this board that you appear to be the same people complaining over and over again, simply changing your handles etc. Do you really think you’re undermining someone’s intelligence here? Let’s face it, all of you know that what I’ve stated is true but obviously you haven’t thought about your own persona lately (or probably ever)... SO my advice to you is this: Go have another drink (or whatever) and take a good long look in the mirror and don’t forget your own transgressions!! It‘s certainly, plain to see by various comments made on this board that YOU the accusers have a huge problem to deal with! Oh yes, and research has also shown that there are many recovered and satisfied Vita Novus patients out there!!!

• He
      Mar 29, 2012

This man is a Fraud Artist. He is being investigated by the Opp for Fraud. The nice thing about a press release like
    the one John Haines put out, is you can say nice things about yourself that are not True. Please tell people to stay
    away from this guy and his many failed rehab clinics. Yes, pickerel lake rehab center is no different. He gets kicked
    out of EVERY rehab center he tries to start. Not a very good business man. Do you really want your loved ones around
    someone who doesn't want to comply with zoning laws, who's rehab centers keep getting closed because he fails to pay
    his bills. You see it's simple, this guy is a Fraud Artist and you need to keep your loved ones away from him and his rehab
    centers.

• Lo
      May 10, 2012

The Armour Township Council meeting this past Tuesday was very informative. As per Council/Reeve, John Haines is still not abiding by the Town's Cease and Desist Order and is still conducting business at the Pickerel Lake Rehab Center. The order is still in effect. We understand that John Haines did submit a amendment request for zoning which was rejected by the Town because it was incomplete. The bottom line is as Council/Reeve said, the Town is in the process of taking John Haines to Court. You can find this information for yourself by calling Armour Township as this is Public Information. The minutes of Tuesdays meeting will be up on Armour Township website shortly - http://www.armourtownship.ca/meetings.htm -

The Council/Reeve indicated to all of us (it was a packed house) that if John Haines walked into the meeting, they would not recognize him as they have never met this man. Council/Reeve made is very clear that they are willing to work with any business who operates in their Township. The only consideration is, that they do it legally.

May 13, 2012

The Town is in the process of taking Mr. John Haines to Court. There is still a Cease and Desist order. You can find out this information for yourself by calling the Town.

May 14, 2012

What we need to ask is how a Criminal like you is running a Rehab Center. Oh, wait a second, this is the perfect
    Con for a Ripoff Artist because the Industry is NOT REGULATED. This is why families need to start calling their
    local MP/MPP's, Health Canada, and Again Armour Township and share your experiences about this Place and
    it's Owner.

May 14, 2012

Good Morning to All. Yes, Karma has a way of catching up with you. A lot more will be coming out in the next little while about John Haines. This is a Post From Another Site. Thank you 'Concerned Citizen' for posting this. Please go to this website http://www.armourtownship.ca/pdf/may8_2012.pdf This will take you to the May, 8, 2012 Armour Township Council Meeting and See For Yourself what was discussed. Surprise, surprise, it's not what John Haines is saying.

The Minutes of Last Weeks Armour Township Meeting say the Town is in LEGAL PROCEEDINGS with the Owner and Pickerel Lake Rehab for Non -Compliance. I thought this was resolved John??? So you say you had an open house, but the Minutes of Last weeks meeting say different. Armour Township nor any of it's Council Members have EVER been to Pickerel Lake Rehab. I guess that means you might be telling a LITTLE FIB, right John???. Of Course you are not going to respond. The Township Minutes must
    be lying, eh Johnny Boy??? 20 more Petitions of concerns from local residences/business where given to the Town at last weeks meeting as per the Minutes.

May 15, 2012

This Post is from the Above Website
    by Vitaisajoke12345

John really you wanna call me a coward? You know who i am and are praying i stop. You realize the manage of Vita at the time Matt after I was there for 4 weeks offered me my DOC oxys. Why would he do that? Oh wait a few days later he offered me more for sex. Then for a steady supply and prove my loyalty to him i had to get his name tattooed on my arm. I left all my things behind and ran out of the tattoo shop crying! This didn't tell you anything??? This continued as we became a couple as a drug addict will do what ever it takes to get there DOC. I had nothing! No one! No money! Then you said as a management decision Matt could no longer be manager. Ppl were talking. What do you do but get Matt and myself to do interventions. We were a mess. I went to you for help and I left vita in a worse state then I arrived! I'm still with Matt we been threw a lot together and he is getting help with me now and i am getting my son back. I'm gonna do it this time, no thanks to you and your center. I came there a mess and lost. Your fix was suboxone. You send ppl away with a substitute drug, that is not readily available in small rural places. Thats just great! I was lead down a worse road and used and had to pay 20k for it. Do I blame you totally no I don't. I will say at your center you will get what you put into it and at the time i guess i wasn't strong enough. I learned a lot there, however no one there at Vita was qualified to do anything many where clean less than 2 years some only one. As you say the first two years you are in treatment still and it's the toughest. The big prob with vita was there is zero professionalism and zero education there! I was using and you hired me! You say I won't say who I am, John you know me and Matt well...and I could careless I can tell my story to anyone. Anyone wanna talk to me call me i can talk to anyone about drugs, first you lose your friends, then you lose your job, then you lose your stuff, then you lose your family, then its rehab or death! It's my life it happened to me. I'm here I survived it all and am getting my son back. Before you reply John I want you to think very carefully about what you write as I SPEAK WHOLE TRUTHS. Don't call matt! If you wanna step to me you better step correct. In rehab it's time for real people and I'm sorry John but your 5 mins are up!!!

Jul 19, 2012

Reposted from this site
    Pickerel Lake Rehab says:
    July 18, 2012 at 4:52 am

This man OWES A LOT OF PEOPLE MONEY. DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. HE’S NOTHING MORE THAN A CONMAN. HOW MAY REHAB CENTER’S DO YOU NEED TO OPERATE BEFORE YOU GET IT RIGHT. OH, WAIT A SECOND, THE INTENTION WAS NEVER TO OPERATE A REHAB CENTER PROPERLY, BUT SIMPLY TO TAKE YOUR MONEY! THIS IS JOHN’S BUSINESS PLAN WHEN IT COMES TO HIS OPERATIONS.

THIS MESSAGE NEEDS TO GET OUT TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC, THE MEDIA, HEALTH CANADA, YOUR LOCAL MP’S, ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT THE SCAM ARTIST, JOHN HAINES.

THE ADMIN ON THIS SITE HAS GIVEN PICKEREL LAKE AMPLE OPPORTUNITIES TO ‘BRING US ALL UP TO SPEED’ WITH ALL THAT’S GOING ON WITH YOUR ILLEGAL OPERATION. YOU HAVEN’T SAID MUCH JOHN? PLEASE TELL US ALL HOW YOU ARE A GREAT GUY HELPING THOSE WITH ADDICTIONS.

• Th
      Aug 24, 2012

Okay, on to Rehab Number 7, or is it 8? So this is what happens, Too much Negative Publicity about Pickerel Lake Recovery and the many other rehabs centers operated by John Haines, so Time for a Name Change to bring in more customers! Now we have www.muskokarecovery.com

Pass the Word Along Please about MuskokaRecovery.com and John Haines!

Sep 02, 2012

Please visit the blog below. John Haines caught in one of his Many, Many Lies. Opps, you should have kept your Mouth Shut John. Have you ever heard of the saying, You are your worst enemy? I think it applies here. As you find out when you read the blog below, John Haines goes online tells everybody he took Armourtownship in Burk's Falls (where he operates his ILLEGAL REHAB CENTERS) to Court and Won.

He actually said that the Town was not being Truthful. Well, as we all found out, that was another one of his many, many lies and surprise, surprise, John Haines was the one telling Lies Again. Well, how did that lie work out for you john? I would love nothing better than to be able to go before a Judge and tell him about you, your Congames, all about the people you have Ripped Off, and on and on it goes! Come and arrest me!

• Th
      Sep 19, 2012

SEXUAL ASSAULT AT PICKEREL LAKE RECOVERY/MUSKOKA RECOVERY CENTER

Reposted from the above website. This man is a Criminal. Now we find out he Covered Up a Sexual Assault on one of his so called Clients. See Below.

sexualassaultatpickerellake says:
    September 15, 2012 at 5:35 aM

Lets start this off by stating some facts: A Male Nurse was caught at Pickerel Lake Recovery/Muskoka Recovery Center ” Inappropriately Touching” a ‘Client’ who was PASSED OUT in Detox. How did John and his Wife Linda respond to this – Well, They quietly let the ‘Sexual Predator’ go on his way, probably to Assault someone else, his next Rehab Victim.

Did they call the Police as they are Duty Bound to do? Did they call the Police to protect their Client who they care so much about? NO, THEY DID NOT!!! They Covered Up a SEXUAL ASSAULT. The Police will find out when they Investigate if there was more than just ‘Touching’ an Unconscious Victim, or as John calls them, his Clients.

John and Linda, You are both [censored]n Pigs. You Covered Up a Sexual Assault. Wow!!! You let this happen to another Female Linda, just turned a Blind Eye? Are you proud of yourself? What was your Refund Policy with this Client John who was Sexually Assaulted when She was Passed Out?

As for the Employees of Pickerel Lake Recovery/Muskoka Recovery Center who knew about this and Did Not Report it to the Police, You are just as Guilty! You too Covered Up a Sexual Assault.

I will let John respond. Lots more information coming after John Haines responds to this. To the Employees of this Illegal Rehab Center, probably a really good idea to get on the Phone and speak with the Police like maybe NOW.

What, you think John is going to lie for all of you. It is a Criminal Offense Not to Report a Crime that you knew about. In this case the Crime was a Sexual Assault on an Unconscious Female Victim at Your Illegal Rehab Center, and You All Knew About it. I’m waiting John….,

• Ge
      Jan 25, 2013

Nothing has changed! John Haines is still being taken to Court for the Illegal Operation of Pickerel Lake Recover Center which changed to Muskoka Recovery Center which John Haines now is advertising as Vita Novus. He is stalling going to Court according to the Town of Armour. But don't worry John, the Town and Local Residents are going to Give You Your Day in Court!

Be advised, HE STILL HAS A CEASE AND DESIST ORDER TO SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN. WHICH HE IS IGNORING!

Phone: [protected]
    Toll-free: [protected] voice
    Fax: [protected]

I spoke with CARF this week. Vita Novus/Addiction Canada Treatment Network or any of John Haines Illegal Rehab Operations are Not Registered or Accredited by them as John Haines Claims. Call the above number and speak with Judy or June. Also notice the “great review” John Haines gave himself at: http://www.weblocal.ca/user/2vntzkc – Does anyone notice that “Flexman” is the Author of both http://www.weblocal.ca/user/2vntzkc and https://www.naatp.org/facility/vita-novus-inc/ - I know, must be a coincidence, right John??? Wow, saying you are LICENSED BY CARF WHEN YOU ARE NOT? I'm surprised that you would tell a lie John, Shocking!

Also, please go to: https://www.prbuzz.com/health-a-fitness/89023-vita-novus-treatment-center.html

Notice the Vita Novus Review link on this and many other adds by john haines. When you click the “Reviews” it just goes back to their website. Funny thing is when you Google Vita Novus Complaints, well, there is a lot out there.

(Just a Sample)
    https://www.google.ca/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=vita+novus+recovery+center+complaints&oq=vita+novus+recovery+center+complaints&gs_l=serp.12...0.0.2.22152.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.ing6eNNL1qo&pbx=1&bav=on.2, or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=ad58aa7848033ec4&biw=1270&bih=641

Again, this man is still running his Scams. He is Operating Illegally in Aurora and Newmarket also. They have been contacted. Did you get a Cease and Desist from them yet John???

Hey how is the CARF stuff going??? The answer, IT'S NOT GOING. THIS IS CALLED FALSE ADVERTISING JOHN!

SO AGAIN, NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!

• Mu
      Apr 09, 2013

NOTICE OF OPEN HOUSE PUBLIC MEETING TO DISCUSS PICKEREL LAKE RECOVERY - CEASE AND DESIST ORDERS STILL IN PLACE - CURRENTLY OPERATING ILLEGALLY!

NOTICE OF OPEN HOUSE PUBLIC MEETING:
    TO CONSIDER AN APPLICATION TO AMEND THE ARMOUR TOWNSHIP OFFICIAL PLAN TO RECOGNIZE THE PICKEREL LAKE ADDICTION RECOVERY CENTRE

OPEN HOUSE
    Date: Saturday April 13, 2013
    Location: Karl Crozier Community Hall
    220 Centre Street, Burk’s Falls
    Time: 10:00 am Presentations followed by open house until 12 noon

THE PROCESS

Armour Council has not yet made a decision on the proposed Official Plan Amendment.People attending the Open House will be invited to comment on the proposal.

After considering the comments received from the public at this open house and the Statutory public meeting, Council will make a decision whether or not to adopt the proposed Official Plan Amendment.

This should be interesting….,

• Ha
      Jun 23, 2013

W5 & MARKET PLACE ( CTV AND CBC's INVESTIGATIVE NEWS SHOW WHERE THEY

EXPOSE FRAUD) IS INTERESTED IN SPEAKING WITH ANYONE, CLIENT'S, FORMER

EMPLOYEES & COUNSELORS WHO CLAIMED THEY WERE HIGH ON DRUGS AND

JOHN HAINES KNEW ABOUT IT WHEN THEY WERE DOING INTERVENTIONS,

ANYONE WHO HAS HAD DEALING WITH JOHN HAINES AND HIS ILLEGAL REHAB CENTER'S. CALL THEM!