Vista Health Care / Wont pay bills!

FL, United States Review updated:
My daughter was taken to the Emergency room back in 2004 because she slipped and landed on her back-spine on the pool tile. After the doctors took xrays etc they gave us all the paper work that was to be taken to our primary doctor to schedule an out patient MRI. We did everything they told us we should do. Well after a few month the hospital started sending us bills for the MRI'S and when I called Vista they said for me to send the bills to Vista. Almost two years went by and the attorneys are calling!! Vista says the hospital visit was for Scoliosis which on all the papers clearly says DUE TO FALL ON BACK! $15.000 is what we have to pay! Now they say I had to put in the grievance in the first year, How can I do that when I was not sued until now??? Vista tries to do everything to not pay for Bills so don't use Vista Health Plan of Florida unless you want to be in our shoes!!!

Comments

Ke
  9th of Mar, 2008
I have also had problems with Vista Health Plan. They changed my primary care physician without my knowledge or permission and then charged me specialist co-pays for all of my PREVIOUS visits to my doctor who I thought was my primary care physician (because that was who I requested, I got a confirmation email from Vista that she was my primary care physician, and she was listed as my primary care physician on my membership card!). Luckily I didn't have any claims so I am only out the increased co-pays of $40 because they say I went to a doctor that was not listed in their system as my primary care physician. The customer service department acknowledges that they see in the computer that this doctor is my primary care physician but claim that it was only valid for a day, which is ridiculous. I have never changed it to anyone else- there is an obvious glitch in their system. Their customer service department refuses to refund my money and has told me I have to file a claim with the appeals department. I have filed a claim with them twice, both of which have been completely ignored--not even so much as a rejection letter, much less a refund. This company does not care about its members. I take comfort in knowing that they have now lost my premiums (I switched to CHP), which amounts to a lot more than the measly $40 they should have refunded me due to their error. I will also be filing complaints to the state insurance department, the better business bureau, and my employer's benefits department. In addition, I will tell everyone I work with about my experience with Vista and they will likely lose even more premiums as a result. I'm glad to have had this experience early- BEFORE really needing them for a hospital visit or something similar--I'm only out $40. It could have been much worse because of their bungling and their total lack of consideration for their members.
Lu
  8th of Oct, 2009
Vista has been a nightmare for me . I still can't write what is going because I feel so frustrated and start to cry. Legislators really need to control the abuse of this companies. I don't want no benefits for free but the benefits that I pay for.